Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

After eight weeks we went to the Ombudsman who provisionally ruled that Iresa' s customer service had fallen short of that expected - which Iresa has the cheek to appeal against (no doubt on a technicality exploiting the lack of teeth of the regulator).

LOL

Perhaps you could post a legible image of this correspondence received from the energy omdudsman service :cool:

Good luck!
  • tuggy12
    tuggy12 Posts: 1,314 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    In the confusion we submitted two electricity meter readings in error resulting in being overcharged over£900 by the energy company we were leaving.

I'm puzzled by this.

You submitted two electricity meter readings in error and the company you were leaving overcharged you by more than £900, yet you are holding IRESA responsible for this.

Perhaps you should be more careful.
  • philng
    philng Posts: 801 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just to balance opinions I have been with them since March had no problems at all. Never had to contact them & careful what I submit in terms of readings etc. Still receiving one of the cheapest energy on the market & receive interest on credit balances PLUS no Exit Fee should I see something even cheaper.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,875 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They have had their 8 weeks since my formal complaint re lack of account set up so ombudsman complaint raised today.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    edited 31 July 2017 at 10:28AM
    Options
    Same situation: after 8 weeks I had no response to my complaint (no electricity meter point set up 6m into contract). I then complained to the EO, who acted quite quickly, and after collecting and reviewing the evidence, ruled in my favour. Iresa then appealed and submitted further evidence in their defence. This was rejected last week and the ruling upheld. They now have 21 days left to set up the meter point, bill me, and credit me £50 compo. It will be interesting to see if they comply or not.
    I was very impressed with the EO's handling of the case: the only frustrating aspect is that you don't get to see the evidence presented in their defence by the supplier. But I'd urge anyone suffering with Iresa to escalate to the EO if your initial complaint is ignored, as it probably will be.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • tuggy12
    tuggy12 Posts: 1,314 Forumite
    Options
    philng wrote: »
    Just to balance opinions I have been with them since March had no problems at all. Never had to contact them & careful what I submit in terms of readings etc. Still receiving one of the cheapest energy on the market & receive interest on credit balances PLUS no Exit Fee should I see something even cheaper.

Same for me.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,875 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 31 July 2017 at 3:01PM
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    Same situation: after 8 weeks I had no response to my complaint (no electricity meter point set up 6m into contract). I then complained to the EO, who acted quite quickly, and after collecting and reviewing the evidence, ruled in my favour. Iresa then appealed and submitted further evidence in their defence. This was rejected last week and the ruling upheld. They now have 21 days left to set up the meter point, bill me, and credit me £50 compo. It will be interesting to see if they comply or not.
    I was very impressed with the EO's handling of the case: the only frustrating aspect is that you don't get to see the evidence presented in their defence by the supplier. But I'd urge anyone suffering with Iresa to escalate to the EO if your initial complaint is ignored, as it probably will be.
    They have responded. The first ticket was closed as resolved with no response which I have mentioned in my ombudsman complaint. Responded to formal complaint with "it is not unusual" and second response "it is E.On's fault for not updating national database".:mad:
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    philng wrote: »
    tuggy12 wrote: »
    Same for me.
    Same here. But this will end badly. Either we won't be able to leave OR they go out of business. Guessing the latter will happen this year so ensure you keep local copies of accounts.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, I am also ex-E.On and got exactly the same excuse. Which the EO did not accept.
    Their excuse might have had more credibility had they not told me two months ago that they now had all the info they needed to set up the meter point, and that the issue had been 'escalated to the operations dept for urgent resolution'. Which is evidently Iresa-speak for 'do nothing at all'.
    Iresa is like a really bad soap-you know it's going to end badly, but you still want to stick with it just to see if it can get any worse.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • fewkeste
    fewkeste Posts: 534 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone know if there's any independent info. on what proportion of customers of Iresa have a problem? Are the problems isolated issues or are they the norm?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure