IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Excel & BW Legal

Options

Comments

• philadygray
    Options
    I am off to court today ref BW, similar to yours, your comments have helped me to be brave. thank you
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am off to court today ref BW, similar to yours, your comments have helped me to be brave. thank you

Goods luck, let us know
  • philadygray
    Options
    We won our court case against VCS/ BW, the judge summed up by saying as VCS had said we parked in a restricted area and the area was not highlighted as such he dismissed the case. Really pleased although very stressful. I am now understandably, very cautious where I park.

Thank you for a very helpful forum
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    Options
    We won our court case against VCS/ BW, the judge summed up by saying as VCS had said we parked in a restricted area and the area was not highlighted as such he dismissed the case. Really pleased although very stressful. I am now understandably, very cautious where I park.

Thank you for a very helpful forum

WELL DONE :T

The VCS / EXCEL / BWLEGAL SCAM has been noticed with the courts
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    . It is quite clear that despite the numerous complaints made, nothing is being done

Actually, that is not strictly true. Ask Mr Schwartz.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    edited 25 February 2017 at 3:28PM
    Options
    Well done Philadygray! Could you give us a report of events. I've posted on your thread with more details. - better to update us there as it can cause confusion posting across threads :)
  • Mahone1302
    Mahone1302 Posts: 154 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Excellent news.

I've heard nothing from BWLegal since their last letter to me at the end of December. I never responded to this one as I've already said everything I've got to say to them in the previous 4/5 letters I'd sent them before that. However I've had to email them today to let them know that I've moved address and the date from which I last had access to post received at my old address, and that the DPA requires them to keep their records accurate (as they'd previously failed to do so) and that I would be most upset should they file a county court claim against me at my old address, knowing full well that I couldn't possibly defend myself again it. ;)

I've also asked them to confirm to me the date of the last piece of correspondence from them to me, just to be on the safe side.
  • Mahone1302
    Options
    Just an update to this, after sending the last letter to them (as above) they replied a few weeks later confirming that they have recorded my new address, and confirming the last letter they sent to me, which matched the last one I had received. Obviously this was a couple of months ago now and I've heard nothing more. I'm wondering whether to write them a further letter asking for a clear answer on whether they will be taking this matter to court or not?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,096 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    May we see the letter. Did it hint at you "admitting" a debt.

May be a sneaky way round the Limitation Act 1980, as the 6 years starts from when the "debt" is admitted.
  • Mahone1302
    Options
    Nope, only as I said in my previous post. I'll see if I can sort a pic.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure