cyclists turned right when i overtook

Options

Comments

• NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    kraken776 wrote: »
    In the past i have come across forums where people dont like "what if" questions and to post about a hypothetical situation that did not actually happens just results in your thread getting spammed.
    The manner of asking and debating is possibly a bigger factor than people disliking hypothetical questions on the internet... I haven't seen a hypothetical dislike of hypothetical questions here - except when the question is a) inane or b) troll-like. Your situation wasn't inane.

Retrogamer wrote: »
    I think this poster either has genuine mental health issues, or is socially lacking and comes on here for some interesting dialogue.
    I'd go with the latter.
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 14,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    And yet you keep responding

Wow
    Your stupidity knows no bounds.
    If or not i feal under any duress is entirely subjective and yet your trying to state that i was under duress
    For god sake think before you type
    Yes, because you entertain me.

To get back on track, indulge this "stupid", "idiotic" and "mentally !!!!!!" respondent (although I noticed that the post you made saying this was deleted?)...How's the insurance situation unfolding? Have you had to accept liability yet and on what grounds? If this thoroughly enjoyable thread is going to serve a purpose beyond displaying your odd behaviour, it would be useful to know how the situation was resolved. Does the cyclist have to bear a share of the responsibility or was it entirely put down to you?
  • kraken776
    kraken776 Posts: 133 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, because you entertain me.

To get back on track, indulge this "stupid", "idiotic" and "mentally !!!!!!" respondent (although I noticed that the post you made saying this was deleted?)...How's the insurance situation unfolding? Have you had to accept liability yet and on what grounds? If this thoroughly enjoyable thread is going to serve a purpose beyond displaying your odd behaviour, it would be useful to know how the situation was resolved. Does the cyclist have to bear a share of the responsibility or was it entirely put down to you?

What is the point in asking a load of questioned regarding the outcome of the accident when i have already told you that there was no accident?
  • Silver-Surfer_2
    Options
    What is the point in asking a load of questioned regarding the outcome of the accident when i have already told you that there was no accident?

You're OP says there was an accident and you kept up the pretence there was one.

So why should we believe you now?
  • kraken776
    kraken776 Posts: 133 Forumite
    Options
    You're OP says there was an accident and you kept up the pretence there was one.

So why should we believe you now?

It does not matter weather you believe me or not.
    what matters is if or not there was an accident.

Because asking questions in regards to an incident can only logically make sense if the incident actually happened.

Furthermore the logic used here seams to be
    one person (me) has lied their fore the truth is whatever a second person thinks it is.

It does not work like that,

A lie does not absolutely prove that everything a person has says is a lie (if it did it would mean that none of his stories are true) it just brings his honesty into question and means that you are less able to conclude that any one thing he said is the truth.
    It does not mean that you can conclude that one thing he said must be the truth and use the fact that he lied to support this conclusion.

Since nobody has any good reason to believe an accident happened it makes no sense to ask questions regarding it.
  • Retrogamer
    Retrogamer Posts: 4,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options

Because asking questions in regards to an incident can only logically make sense if the incident actually happened.

You really can't see the wood for the trees.
    :rotfl::T
    All your base are belong to us.
  • Silver-Surfer_2
    Silver-Surfer_2 Posts: 1,850 Forumite
    Options
    It does not matter weather you believe me or not.
    what matters is if or not there was an accident.

Furthermore the logic used here seams to be
    one person (me) has lied their fore the truth is whatever a second person thinks it is.

It does not work like that,

A lie does not absolutely prove that everything a person has says is a lie (if it did it would mean that none of his stories are true) it just brings his honesty into question and means that you are less able to conclude that any one thing he said is the truth.
    It does not mean that you can conclude that one thing he said must be the truth and use the fact that he lied to support this conclusion.

Since nobody has any good reason to believe an accident happened it makes no sense to ask questions regarding it.

What matters now is the sun is out. :T
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Options
    It’s because I don’t believe your “confession”. You already told me there WAS an accident some days ago, so why should I believe this new story?

It’s painfully obvious that your story of the collision was the true one. The problem is that over many pages and responses, you got yourself into an argumentative dead end from which there were only two ways out. One would have to be a rather embarrassing reversal, the other to claim you weren’t actually in the situation you claimed to be in. You chose the latter. After such a stubborn and defiant defence of your position, including lashing out at anyone who remotely challenged your assumption of total innocence, your confession is simply not believable and is manifestly a clumsy attempt at a face-saving exit. I haven’t fallen for it.

So, in order to get this thread back on track and to provide some purpose beyond making yourself look silly, it would be useful to many of us to understand what the actual outcome with your insurers is?
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Some of you seem to have a huge amount of troll food.
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Options

I have good reasons:

- 14 pages of you telling us you had an accident
    - 14 pages of your indignation and arguing with people about your accident

That seems pretty conclusive to me. We're only on the third page of you now trying to argue there wasn't an accident. Once we're up to 14 of those, I might have a more balanced view. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure