cyclists turned right when i overtook

Options

Comments

• Silver-Surfer_2
    Silver-Surfer_2 Posts: 1,850 Forumite
    Options
    I don't believe the OP. I think his "confession" is simply a way of making a face-saving exit having made an utter fool of himself for 14 pages. I reckon the accident did actually happen. He'd boxed himself into a corner and this is the only plausible way out without actually admitting he is wrong.

Sadly, that probably puts an end to the sport. It's been great fun though.

Probably under investigation from the local plods for careless driving. He'll get a few points for this I bet.
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 14,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Probably under investigation from the local plods for careless driving. He'll get a few points for this I bet.
    If the cyclist was injured then presumably it was reported.
  • Silver-Surfer_2
    Options
    If the cyclist was injured then presumably it was reported.

I should think so, given the evasive nature of this thread it was probably quite serious due to excessive speed.
  • kraken776
    kraken776 Posts: 133 Forumite
    Options
    I should think so, given the evasive nature of this thread it was probably quite serious due to excessive speed.

you need to re-read my OP
    i clearly stated my speed

you should also re read my posts about speculating facts
  • Silver-Surfer_2
    Options
    Nah, not buying it. Your indignation and anger were all too real.

Enjoy paying the excess and the increased premiums, and be more careful next time.

Some would call it a guilty conscience.
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 14,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    A bit like the stonewall refusal to provide a streetview link and the belated recall of the second cyclist. All done to add weight to his argument and deny anyone more information that might undermine his version of events. Not that it matters, his insurer will make up their own mind.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Was the cyclist in the middle of the lane ready to turn right?

Was the OP giving the cyclist space when overtaking e.g a car width?

I haven't read the full thread but sounds like the OP was a MGIF trying to skim past the cyclist at whatever cost.
  • kraken776
    kraken776 Posts: 133 Forumite
    Options
    A bit like the stonewall refusal to provide a streetview link and the belated recall of the second cyclist. All done to add weight to his argument and deny anyone more information that might undermine his version of events. Not that it matters, his insurer will make up their own mind.

I have already pointed out that you cannot infer anything negative about me for mentioning the second cyclist later and initially refusing to post a SV link.

Repeating this type of behavior is stupid.
  • OneLeggedPig
    OneLeggedPig Posts: 138 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    tumblr_m1z0wqqccL1r95qpdo1_500.gif
  • Silver-Surfer_2
    Options

They're probably awaiting the outcome of the other investigation before finally deciding.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure