The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Not sure where you are in the country parsnip but generally it is still too cold for plants to be outside unless you have them covered in fleece.

I have only now started off my seeds in the green house and planted my parsnips and beetroot on the allotment.

Are you growing the same veg in the same place as last year? If you are then you should follow crop rotation as last years plants will have depleted the soil of all nutrients so you need a different type of crop this year.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks EagerElephant

No changes to what I usually do. Rotated crops, only plants suitable out such as yourself, etc, etc. but even the greenhouse crops are struggling. I think my green fingers have left home. Never mind, I will keep plodding and try again.

Thanks INOD. A pound for each piece of washing would be nice. The last load has just gone in....then I find a tea towel.:mad:

I'm a bit irritated today. I was watching a program last night which has completely wound me up. I need to focus today or I may self combust. I'm not going to go on about it here as it's an emotive subject and I know extremes are sought for the entertainment on the idiot box but :mad::mad::mad:.

There is a reason why I don't watch TV.

Right focus parsnip, focus

Today I have

Cleaned the kitchen
    Put away some washing
    Put load of washing in
    Made beds

Soon I will
    Clean the kitchen floor
    Get food ready for work and DS ready for school
    Need to get on

Have a good day all.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Sorry to hear that a program got to you.........deep breaths xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Yes its utterly stupid bu some things hit a nerve. Thank goodness it was a raret tv watching occurance. If i ever chucked DH out the tv and dvds would follow him.:rotfl:

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,108 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Yes its utterly stupid bu some things hit a nerve. Thank goodness it was a raret tv watching occurance. If i ever chucked DH out the tv and dvds would follow him.:rotfl:

I still have vague regrets that when our old TV went, I didn't take a brick to it. :D That was because it stole my children away from family meals and we never really got those meal times back. DH didn't see it as I did as he grew up with TV (I didn't). Having said that, there are some brilliant programmes out there with the dross.

If anyone is handing out £s for doing laundry, please can someone show me where to queue?

Re the plants - my green fingers haven't got further than houseplants but there was an article on the news about how dry it is... and today has been freezing. Enough to make any self-respecting seed stay under the covers! I hope the warmer weather shows up soon as predicted and nudges them into growth.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • parsniphead
    Options
    It's a pity we can't do the same thing. I quite fancy a short hibernation prtiod.

I didnt have a tv until DH moved in. Many people thought i was very strange. Give me a book anyday.

• parsniphead
    Options
    From my previous posts I have realised I shouldny use my phone to post. So many spelling mistakes.

Things are plodding along here. Money is holding out at the moment as I'm usually broke by this point. I still have a few bills to come out and a fortnightly shop to do but should have enough money to cover these and finally kill the overdraft.

The greenhouse has produced enough salad leaves to make me a salad today :j, finally it is coming together. This weekend I will be spending more time in there, especially in my very untidy greenhouse.:eek:

I have sewing work coming out of my ears which is good, but little time to do it. I think I will be stopping up until midnight for the next few days to get on top of it and half a day on Friday. I have to get DS's birthday presents first thing.

I need to find my mot doc out today and check when it needs to be done and also check for new car insurance. I'm certainly not paying the renewal quote, cheeky beggars.

I hope you all have a nice, productive, sunny day. A day at a local animal sanctuary today, working with students.

P x

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    To eat a salad I have grown myself is on my 'one day...' list.
    A day out at the animal sanctuary sounds lovely. Enjoy :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Thanks doingitanyway. Just to eat healthily is on mine. It's either picking at rubbish or not much at all. Quite frankly The amount of food I eat should not equate to the big, round me.

That said I have spent money this week on fish and chips and pizza. I barely touched the chips and really didn't enjoy the pizza. Before DH I had never sent out for pizza, it was alien to me. Such a waste of flipping money. I'm a bit cross with myself to be honest.

I think it's time to make time to look after myself properly.

I struggle with this point of the month. It's a bit stagnant as I have paid bills but no money left for overpayments. Well I could have put pizza money towards it couldn't i? Right next time the money goes straight to debt before the pizza is ordered. Less pounds in both ways.

I'm in a real mood to get things done in the house today but alas no, work ahead. I also need to do more sewing to get some money owed.

Sorry I'm waffling this morning and struggling to focus. I will go and come back later.

Before I go, today so far I have:
    Washed a load and hung it out
    Washed up
    Made beds

Before work I will sweep and clean the kitchen floor
    Spruce up the bathroom

Have a good day.

• hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    There's a lot to be for having good quality reduced pizza in the freezer for when the 'lets get a delivery' demon starts. It always annoys me when we have a takeaway as it is never as nice as you think it will be.

Hope you feel better later.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure