The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm with Bob. wish i could say or do something

Ah, thank you inod.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Thank you all for your comments. I will reply properly when im at home and not trying to do it on my phone.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,124 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Thank you bob. There is support but almost takes weeks to access.

I'm wondering about peer support? I can well believe professional help is at the end of some kind of maze of referrals or "in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard' ", if you remember the Hitchhiker's Guide... but somewhere on social media there might be gatherings of people in similar circumstances.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Thank you for all your lovely thoughts yesterday. It meant a lot and they are truly appreciated.

After the worry DS was an angel yesterday morning, even nagging mum to hurry as he was going to be late for school. Its the unknown which unnerves me, you never know what you're going to get. DS is high functioning and as he has no visible signs of a disability people tend not to understand. Mind you I work with young people who have visible issues and people can still be vile when we go out shopping.

Fingers crossed that this morning goes well too.

I m working outside all day today. Even though I did this all through the winter I'm dreading it, its flipping freezing this morning. I want to go back to bed.

Tonight I'm going to focus on finances. I have a few things to sort befores Fridays payday (its been a long month).

I hope you all have a wonderful day. P x

• hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It keeps you on your toes, never knowing how they will react. DS1, aged 5, did a sit down protest in the school playground once. They had to ring me as he flatly removed to go inside...

The oven cleaning was excellent, and between that and my cleaning the kitchen is unrecognisable. The slight problem being that I now don't want to cook. I bought some £2 liners from H&B to help keep it clean. Too busy with the paid stuff to do any more clearing or cleaning beyond the basics.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    So glad you had a good day today.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    So glad you had a good day today.

Thank you Bob.
    hex2 wrote: »
    It keeps you on your toes, never knowing how they will react. DS1, aged 5, did a sit down protest in the school playground once. They had to ring me as he flatly removed to go inside...

The oven cleaning was excellent, and between that and my cleaning the kitchen is unrecognisable. The slight problem being that I now don't want to cook. I bought some £2 liners from H&B to help keep it clean. Too busy with the paid stuff to do any more clearing or cleaning beyond the basics.

The sit down protest made me laugh. It's amazing how hard it is to lift a stubborn 5 year old. I swear mine increases his weight by 6 stone when he doesn't want to move.

My kitchen is still clean and I feel annoyed at having to use it to be honest.

I know someone who moved in with her elderly mother and had the house renovated including a new kitchen. Then she wouldn't allow anyone to use it as she wanted to sell it as a new kitchen when her mum died. The poor woman had to live off microwaved ready meals.

Time to get on. I will return later with a proper update. It won't be exciting.

• parsniphead
    Options
    Morning all

I've been a bit busy for a few days with work and renting the beloved R*g Doctor. My carpets have come up lovely. :)

I was paid yesterday but still need to sort the finances. All I have done is the fortnightly shop and got gas and electric. Later I will sort it more fully.

I had a read of my favorite deslobification book and it has given me a boost again. My bedroom is looking fab still and the kitchen has just needed a tweak. I still have the kitchen floors to do though. Once this is done I'm going to focus on more decluttering. There is plenty to do so I will be busy. I'm not going to make detailed plans but just use the time to do as much as possible.

I have also decluttered the fridge and have a big batch of leek and potato soup simmering away. :drool::drool:

Lastly on a positive note DS has been fab for the past few days, even running at the year one gate to be the first in :eek:. I had to call him back to get his bag but he was still first in and had the biggest grin on his face for being first. I'm very confused. :rotfl:

Have a good day all. I will be visiting diaries later as I'm planning some treat time.

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    He's just putting in some early practice for being a teenager!
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,124 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Great to hear DS is coping so much better! Maybe one day (soon?!) his new norm will be 'first at the school gate' and the stress will be if you're not as quick as he is...
    I had a read of my favorite deslobification book and it has given me a boost again.

I have those books too, I just didn't know it. :D
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family