The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Payday today and debts paid. My signature has been updated and most importantly MBN@ is no more.....all paid off.:j:j:j. I've managed it two months before the target date so hopefully I will get the next one done by then instead. It's going to be a tight month but who cares.

Good old Dave. Smallest to biggest debt is definitely working for me. So happy :D.

Now tonight I need to crack on with the sewing and get more paid off.

Have a fab day all.

That's brilliant well done :T :j :T :beer:
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Fingers crossed I will be a new woman by Christmas.

I think you are a new woman since last Christmas - goodness knows what heights you'll scale by December!

Your sewing seems to be extremelly popular and it sounds as though it's going from strength to strength. A good reason to keep chipping away at the decluttering: you will need room for all the orders! :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Fantastic news about your target and to beat it two month prior your doing amazing and the next debt won't know what's hit it xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That's brilliant well done :T :j :T :beer:

Thank you Hairy hand.
    I think you are a new woman since last Christmas - goodness knows what heights you'll scale by December!

Your sewing seems to be extremelly popular and it sounds as though it's going from strength to strength. A good reason to keep chipping away at the decluttering: you will need room for all the orders! :)

Thanks cherry. I'm feeling very positive and it's all steps forward. Yes 5he sewing is very full on at the moment which is fab.
    abba1772 wrote: »
    Fantastic news about your target and to beat it two month prior your doing amazing and the next debt won't know what's hit it xx

I'm after it abba.:D
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • parsniphead
    Options
    As far as I can tell there is a lot of demand for alterations and sewing jobs, the people I do know of are fully booked or are on weeks for turnaround. Your reputation will spread I am sure. Do you do any social media? Give out cards with your completed work so its easy for them to pass your number on? I need to have a push and so some marketing but as a opinionated procrastinating introvert I find it far easier to tell others what to do :o

I cleared a boy room last week in between other tasks, need to achieve far more this week. Only two weeks left till they finish school :eek:

It's crazy at the moment but it making me money.

Mine doesn't finish until the 20th but he wants to paid to his bedroom orange and lime green.:eek: He's very artistic so I guess it's fits.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Mine doesn't finish until the 20th but he wants to paid to his bedroom orange and lime green.:eek: He's very artistic so I guess it's fits.
    Funny :rotfl:
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Funny :rotfl:

Not if you should be in it feeling nauseous. :eek::rotfl:

Another £15 paid of the debt. A small amount but closer to zero balance than yesterday.

• redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,224 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My DS1 insisted on bright orange for his room, we compromised with a feature wall and then I covered as much of it up as I could with furniture. I still hate it :p His Dad helped him to do an abstract type painting with lots of orange on that pulls the room together. I hate that too!

It's even more orange once you wipe the cobwebs off, and remove the accrued tat of years.
  • parsniphead
    Options
    My DS1 insisted on bright orange for his room, we compromised with a feature wall and then I covered as much of it up as I could with furniture. I still hate it :p His Dad helped him to do an abstract type painting with lots of orange on that pulls the room together. I hate that too!

It's even more orange once you wipe the cobwebs off, and remove the accrued tat of years.

:rotfl: Can't say I'm looking forward to orange and lime green. It's his room though so he can do what he likes within reason.;)

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hope all is well with you and DS
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills