Morrisons More card is on its way

Replies

• michaelsmichaels Forumite
    26.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I am glad they have dropped the match bit from the name - 6 months after the match bit stopped, it always felt like trades description act to claim 'match'.

Another supermarket who spent lots of money proving they were far from the cheapest - a guess you have to laugh.
    I think....
  • ALIBOBSYALIBOBSY Forumite
    4.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Our cards came today, although tbh since the match bit went we shop even less in morrisons, but do get our petrol there.

The letter with the cards suggest "extra" benefits

10 more pts per l of fuel-good news for us

new 5 pts per £1 in the cafe

some new pts in the flower shop,garden centre and pharmacy but exclusions apply

So nowhere near as good as the scheme was, but perhaps a bit easier to get to the £5 voucher?

Ali x
    "Overthinking every little thing
    Acknowledge the bell you cant unring"

• eschatoneschaton Forumite
    2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I used to do most of my shopping at Morrisons and the £5 vouchers were pretty good. Since the change I've only earned the one I was well on my way to getting and another one.

The latest one was earned a month ago and I've not shopped there since to collect it. That one was only because I got 3500 points for spending £40 or something like that.
  • edited 9 June 2016 at 5:00PM
    PhylPhoPhylPho Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Forumite
    edited 9 June 2016 at 5:00PM
    Not wanting to sound like we love Tesco, but, but . . . Although we've never -- though probably should've done -- never run a comparison check of Morrison's More, Sainsbury's Nectar and Tesco's Clubcard, time and time again we've felt that Nectar offers little and Morrison's, even less.

We not only seem to accrue more benefits from Tesco Clubcard -- we use the points for voucher purchases of goods and services up to x4 the cash value -- those points somehow translate into £s a darn sight quicker than either of the competing customer loyalty schemes.

We started shopping at Morrison's a while back and acquired a More card. What seemed like many weeks later and many a £ spent, we finally received . . . a £5 voucher. We're about to cash it in because Morrison's hasn't been good value and we're not sure how on present form, squeezed as it is from below by Aldi and Lidl and on each side by Tesco and Sainsbury, it has much of a future.

As to its email, yup, we received it, but binned it so don't know if the thing was misspelt or not. We do, however, remark on the entirely illiterate Virgin Trains and its emails to us, seemingly penned by adolescents trying to look cool / groovy / whatever happens to be most favoured in the idiom of the day, their communications notable for a determination to insert a possessive apostrophe in the word 'holidays' every time such is mentioned. No doubt the next email will be from Virgin Train's. :(

PS: Just out of curiosity . . . shouldn't there be a possessive apostrophe in Morrisons? Or is the company named after a Mr or Mrs Morrisons?
  • SystemSystem Forumite, Community Admin
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Community Admin
    ALIBOBSY wrote: »
    Our cards came today, although tbh since the match bit went we shop even less in morrisons, but do get our petrol there.

10 more pts per l of fuel-good news for us

new 5 pts per £1 in the cafe

some new pts in the flower shop,garden centre and pharmacy but exclusions apply

So nowhere near as good as the scheme was, but perhaps a bit easier to get to the £5 voucher?

Ali x

I also got two coupons - 100 points or free hot drink and 250 points for every £10 spent.

Don't normally go to Morrisons but just to buy Slimming World essentials like Mullerlight yoghurts, Quorn products when on offer, using Mysupermarket.

I'm lucky to live in an area where I have the biggest 8 supermarkets - Tesco, Sainsburys, Asda, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, Waitrose and a large Co-op within 5 miles. Plus Iceland, Heron and Farmfoods.

Lidl at the moment, is a PITA to get to as its going out of my way, one way streets in the wrong direction and in a rough area. In Sept, a new Lidl is opening, opposite a retail park where one of the Aldi's near me.
  • NBLondonNBLondon Forumite
    5.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    PhylPho wrote: »
    PS: Just out of curiosity . . . shouldn't there be a possessive apostrophe in Morrisons? Or is the company named after a Mr or Mrs Morrisons?
    It was originally Wm. Morrison and Co. so I'd expect it to have become either Morrison or Morrison's as a brand name (see also J Sainsbury - now Sainsbury's) but they've probably gone with what the public tend to say - as in Safeways, Tescos - but strangely not Asdas.

Is it a special case of the greengrocers' apostrophe? Or should we call it the Waterstone's exception?

Never had the card - I'd have to make a specific trip to use it.
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • no1catmanno1catman Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    I also got two coupons - 100 points or free hot drink and 250 points for every £10 spent.
    snipped

I had those as well - today had a nice pot of tea (the 100 point alternative equals 10p - no brainer), spent £10.31 - including one item that had 200 extra points to it, and at the till got a coupon for 4,000 points for a £40.00 spend.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • MidnighterMidnighter Forumite
    16.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I'm still waiting for my new card. Anybody else?
    '...luck came to those who left a space for it.' Terry Pratchett
  • QuentinQuentin Forumite
    40.4K Posts
    ALIBOBSY wrote: »

10 more pts per l of fuel-good news for us.......
    Didn't you always get 10 points per litre on the old card?

You don't get 10 "more" than before. Just looks a "clever" marketing ploy which has fooled you.
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Quentin wrote: »
    Didn't you always get 10 points per litre on the old card?

Correct, its the same number of points as before
    Midnighter wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for my new card. Anybody else?

Yes I got mine not last week but week before.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Boost your Nectar points

Get up to £25 this Saturday

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals