Morrisons More card is on its way

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
23 replies 8.9K views
robatworkrobatwork Forumite
6.2K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
At least that's what the email should have said....

WLfX1oH.png

Do we just accept that even a major company doesn't employ anyone in the creative team literate enough to not know the difference between its and it is?

Replies

• marliepandamarliepanda
    7.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a teacher and the amount of memos and letters that go round with incorrect apostrophes is astounding. (TA's is particularly common)
  • Rainbowgirl84Rainbowgirl84 Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Many MSE posters are a prime example....apparently 'would of' instead 'would have' is going to be acceptable as the English language has 'evolved'. Brought instead of bought will be next in that case I'm sure...I really do despair.
  • kwikbreakskwikbreaks Forumite
    9.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I despair of the More card. When it was Match & More I got a fiver every other week when they dropped the Match it would have taken an age to reach 5000 points so just swapped to Aldi instead.
  • no1catmanno1catman Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    kwikbreaks wrote: »
    I despair of the More card. When it was Match & More I got a fiver every other week when they dropped the Match it would have taken an age to reach 5000 points so just swapped to Aldi instead.

Not my experience, I regularly get conditional spend coupons at the till - 3,000 pts when you spend £30.00, 4,000 points when you spend £40.00, even had 3,500 points for £30.00.

Currently, a challenge where to shop - Sainsburys $40.50 off £30.00, Tesco £2.00 off £20.00, Morrisons 4,000 for £40.00, or Farmfoods £2.50 off £25.00 spend.

It's been made easier recently, with the excellent bedding plants available - especially Morrisons.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • philatiophilatio Forumite
    669 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Think this is the 3rd Morrisons loyalty card in as many years.
    I had a black one... then a yellow one... now a white one.

Rebrand identity crisis me thinks.
  • ElefantEdElefantEd Forumite
    942 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Mine arrive'd this morning!
  • robatworkrobatwork Forumite
    6.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Many MSE posters are a prime example....apparently 'would of' instead 'would have' is going to be acceptable as the English language has 'evolved'. Brought instead of bought will be next in that case I'm sure...I really do despair.

The thing is although I cringe when I see "would of" on a public forum, I tut quietly about impending doom and move on. The people writing "would of" won't be writing missives or official mass mailings for huge corporations.

Or will they?

The rules for it's and its are so simple even a 10 year old can grasp it, which my kids did by that age.

I still have to explain it to people at work (all adults), and feel like a colossal old fart when I do.

I did spend much of the 2000s in a usenet group called alt.possessive.its.has.no.apostrophe though. Just proving the point above I suppose!
  • Blackbeard_of_PerranporthBlackbeard_of_Perranporth Forumite
    7.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    BoPsie Morisons Bore card arrived safely. It will be an age before we spend £1,000 to get the voucher, as we only fill up every so often with it.
  • flicksflicks Forumite
    194 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    Haven't yet received mine but I am delighted to say that on the mail I received the apostrophe was missing so it seems it has been corrected.

I am wondering how many more times the name of the card will be changed before I reach my 5000 points.

Never known a reward card to be so low on rewards!
  • robatworkrobatwork Forumite
    6.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    flicks wrote: »
    Haven't yet received mine but I am delighted to say that on the mail I received the apostrophe was missing so it seems it has been corrected.

Nary a word of thanks to me from Morrisons, so as a show of my disdain I will from this moment always misspell them as Morrissons.

See how they like them apples (probably flavourless and covered in chemicals).
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals