Joined 31.05.16

Options

Comments

• Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    3 days of no spending. Home, fed and watered. Film then bed. Very tied today. This debt sorting is hard work. I just wish we were a bit closer to payday it feels a bit like a mountain to get there with minimal spending and sanity. I think if I can get through the month its a good grounding even if it is painful. And I still haven't eaten crisps for almost 2 weeks. Very tempted.

When I get paid im going to binge watch homeland and stay indoors as much as humanly possible.

Hope everyone is having good week. Xxxx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • rexelpink
    rexelpink Posts: 213 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Hi Hun just checking in xx hope ur ok, I agree I'm mentally exhausted just junking about the debt!
    Is homeland good? I can't remember if u said before if it's on Netflix? I might have a look be good to have something else as well as debt to chat about x
    Staring debt - June 2013 - £21,000
    Current debt - February 2018 - £11,378.60

Emergency fund £500 / 100%

Debt free one day at a time
  • rexelpink
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    :rotfl:Junking??? Grr stooopid phone, should have said thinking about the debt!

• Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Drastic move posting from work but a high spend calls for it i feel. Paid for the exams. Its £250 on the credit card. Not good but will take exams this year and then will be able to apply for new job and earn extra.

Just need to stay in doors and study hard!

Ps rexelpink i knew what you meant, not the worst predictive text error I've seen! Xxxx

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It's an investment for your future so it is a good high spend.

Dxxx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 17 January 2022 at 12:44PM
    Options
    I agree with Dolly Rocker - this type of investment is worth it in the long run even if it seems backward to begin with.....Good luck with it - hope you pass OK.
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Awww thank you both so much. It is a good investment. Its just tough right now. When I've passed them im going to get very drunk! But its a while off yet.

Thank goodness its Friday tommorow. Im studying the whole weekend but still looking forward to it so much.

Curry for tea tonight. Meeting a friend for lunch tommorow then fish fillet, oven chips for tea. Then early night tommorow.
    I sponsored a friend £10 to charity this week, I said I would a while ago so needed to honour that despite everything. Not sure how future requests are going to go. I might just ignore them- Same for dreaded collection envelopes!
    Very tired tonight. Good night all on the debt free journey. xxx

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The dreaded charity request - yep, I'm not sure how to handle that one either. Perhaps you could only ever have £1 in your purse and then if someone asks, give them it and say 'it's all I've got right now!' then hopefully they will forget to come back to you another time.

I have the same concerns about presents - basically I want to say to the whole family that presents are only for kids now - but I know my spendy mum and sis will balk at that...but if they buy me and I don't buy back, then i will feel awful and they have No idea of our debt levels!

Hope you have a great weekend and get a load of studying done x
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Thank you! I need to give myself a kick up the bum on the studying, ignoring everything else tommorow then cracking on with this in the early am Very sleepy. Spent £6 on lunch, £3 on a coffee and £3 in tesco milk and chocolate.
    Not great but lunch was absolutely lovely.

Came home and almost ate the crisps. Was very close to it then somehow I had an apple and apricot instead. They live for another day!

I feel like I am just waiting for pay day but it must get easier further down the road. I imagine once you see some progress it spurs you on. Hopefully I will find out in the coming months.

Goodnight all. Xxx

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • rexelpink
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Hi psl just popping back in to say hi.
    I've had a horrible day today, glad your days been better.
    Good news about booking your exams, and glad you enjoyed your lunch.

I wanted to say regarding making some progress between now and pay day, I can't recommend the payment a day thread enough x
    I've made a small payment every day (mixing between debts and towards my emergency fund) I've simply rounded down - and some days skimmed down to the nearest penny! My bank accounts and I've paid off £81.20 without even noticing in 2 weeks. Goodness only knows what the credit card thought of my 46p payment last week, but it's really helped me to feel like I'm making a small bit of progress xxx

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business