Joined 31.05.16

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I couldn't live without internet at home!

Suppose if you have the access in all those places why pay for it though if you can manage.

17.50 is great, I love just binge watching stuff like that.

Dxxx
  • GoingToDoIt
    GoingToDoIt Posts: 491 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi PSL,
    I'd recommend joining a cashback site if you have a few purchases coming up. Each time I buy something I try to get some "extra value" from it, supermarkets it's loyalty points, clothes and travel it's cashback.
    Stuff I've finished using/wearing - put it on the bay of E, for instance if you finish your Homeland set you could sell it on? I bought a tv last year whilst my main one was repaired, and I just sold it for £3 less than I paid!
    It starts off with little amounts but it all adds up. If I have to hand over my hard earned cash (which I do because I need new stuff for work, and tights, and a new bag) then I want to get it for the lowest possible cost. I often go shopping, try stuff on don't buy it, go home and order online so I get cashback.
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
    Jan 20 0%cc debt 7700/7700
  • reality_check
    Options
    Pass on the men you meet - I seem to meet people with terrible communication...maybe I am too needy!! :rotfl:

I loved Homeland - buying the box set comes under an essential spend!

With my overdraft I lived in it and was up to £2500 and I paid about £38 a month in charges, with Barclaycard I done a cash transfer with a 2% fee I think it was for £2000 was basically one month worth of charges and was interest free for 8 months...if that's an option? xx
    Starting debt £18,675.63 :eek:
    Current debt: £5,000 (16/05/18)
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    An NSD today, hopefully I can manage a few more. Costs left for month are £20 on phone and £12 lovefilm, £30 contact lenses. Waiting for my mbna card to arrive, not sure how I qualify for any more credit from them but there you are! Coming out of the overdraft will make a massive difference and much easier to plan plus good riddance to the interest.

I don't think we are asking too much, I just would like to meet someone tall, funny, non-boring
    non smoking, animal lover, low key and normal. I don't think that's fussy but doesn't seem to exist. Would like to.meet someone but its got to be right!

I joined the quidco, it has homeland but I have to wait to payday. Thank you for the recommendation. Will see how I get on. Should definitely help.

Work tommorow - take lunch in then sausages and pasta for tea. No evenings plans bar sleeping.
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Psl
    I get my lenses from d@ysoft and have done for years now, after they were recommended on here.I pay £12 per month for daily disposables.
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Ah I will look into that. I know its silly to overpay but I really like my local specsavers and I've been registered there for ages But i will look at switching this because it does seem more sensible.
    An nsd today. Very boring meeting at work where I decided that I am going to balance transfer my credit card that isn't 0% and as much of the overdraft as possible- then concentrate on clearing the remainder of overdraft as much as possible. Realistically this could be January or later before i am fully out. But I must plod on as best I can.

But I have a few expenses coming up. 2 exams (work pays for your first attempt then when you fail you pay for retake which is where im at) I think this is about £260 but its an investment in myself so needs must! Im planning to be at home for a lot of july and august and get these sorted.
    Water bill not arrived yet
    Contents insurance due in august
    Highlights end of aug/early sept

Have drinks in diary for 1st july and 23rd June. Going to try to limit drinking out but these 2 evenings will be cheap as both friends know a little about my not having money and should do me good to see them.

A week and a half to payday. 2 quiet weekends on the horizon, 3 work days this week and 5 next week. I wish the numbers looked better.

Im not sure weather to cut up my 18% credit card when its zero, im scared ill need it. But it probably is the right decision everything considered. Then ill watch my accounts like a hawk!

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just wanted to say hi and good luck with your journey - I think your goal setting is a great way to stay focused - might have to have a go at that myself!
    Wishing you lots of NSD's in June.
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    Options
    It all sounds positive- look on the main site at 0% cards especially ones which have no transfer fee, you can check if you are likely to be accepted before applying. Saving wherever you can all helps!
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Thank you so much for the support. I have quite poor credit history probably because I never pay anything back! But hoping this will improve if I can close overdraft and when I pay my loan back next october. Applied for a couple of balance transfer cards recently and got declined but mbna must have a bit more faith than most.

Really looking forward to making some progress. If the Thursday work drinks are well attended then I wont go, but if its low numbers I will go for one. I don't really want to, commuting and hot weather plus the inevitable train delays just make you want to escape london and get home as soon as possible! Overall I love working in london but weather extremes are tough going. Just need to power through. Xxxxx

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I know what you mean, I just moved to a cold office. So it's blazing hot or raining outside, sweltering on the tube and icy cold at work!
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family