My Mega Light Bulb Moment

Options

Comments

• ChicaBonita
    ChicaBonita Posts: 673 Forumite
    Options
    Wow 10 sales, well done! I'm lucky if I have a couple of sales a week haha. You must have some nice stuff :)

Keep going! I've subscribed :)
  • LightBulbMoment
    Options
    Hi Chicabonits

Hopefully your sales will increase. Ebay can be like that. I have not sold on there for a good while so I do have a lot of stuff to get rid of. I just hope it continues as it has started.

LBM
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi! You sound like youre making a good start :) I think all the successes are important as it encourages you to keep going with everything. Keep seeing it as winning. Even when you just get to do another balance transfer you're a step closer to closing another card :)
    Another thing is the ebaying it's fantastic :) stick to your goals as it keeps you going with the payments off your credit card and I find it helps mentally too. You have a physical reminder your debt is going down. You become lighter and discover new space in your home.
    Keep it up LBM you're doing fantastically.
    Well done one getting the money back from your son too to teach him about debt xxxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • LightBulbMoment
    LightBulbMoment Posts: 103 Forumite
    edited 13 May 2016 at 9:49AM
    Options
    Hi Everybody,

Kitten - Thank you so much for your comments they really are appreciated and a good motivator. I felt quite bad about asking my son for the cash back. However, he has got to learn the value of money. He actually came to me last night and said he had put his expenses in at work and was expecting £200 next week so he has said he would transfer another £100 off it when that hits his bank account. Now I was shocked at that.

Well another day another dollar as they say. I had another 8 sales on ebay last night which is fantastic. So I have paid all the ebay fees and transferred the money for the postage and from the previous sales I have £210 left in the paypal account which is fantastic.

I have transferred it over to my bank account and have put £105 in the savings account and paid £105 off the credit card. I am going to list another five items once again today, so I just hope it keeps going in the same direction with the sales.

As for the food shopping. I have stuck to the budget of £70 for the week. I always shop on a Sunday as it is just easier for me to go then. However, what I found last weekend was that the food was getting very low by Saturday when everybody is at home for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I must have heard Pizza Hut, McD's, Dominoes, Chinese mentioned a handful of times which I did stand my ground and said no. So having gave it some thought I am going to go and do the food shop tonight so that I can avoid this situation this weekend, as I can plan what we are eating and have it ready at lunch time and dinner time. Thus avoiding the Dominoes, Pizza Hut, McD, Chinese debate and bill.

Having started this it keeps coming over to me if you are more organised you can save and avoiding spending that I would call unnecessary money. Having looked at my bank account I know I will be on track to make payments of £1000 this month which would be a fantastic start to my debt free life.

I hope everybody has a great weekend.

LBM
  • ChicaBonita
    ChicaBonita Posts: 673 Forumite
    Options
    I think I must've picked up some of your good luck as since I posted on your thread I've had 4 sales :rotfl:

Well done on avoiding the takeaway. They're lovely as a treat but so expensive!! Organisation is definitely key.

Have a lovely weekend :beer:
  • LightBulbMoment
    Options
    Hi Chicabonita

That sounds great. I really do hope it continues for you and you need to hire a truck to get to the post office on Monday :rotfl:

I went and done the shopping last night and spent £64 so I have £6 left for bread and milk in the week. We have had sandwiches for lunch ( no eating out ! ) and I have made a chicken stew thing in the slow cooker as everybody is coming in at different times so thought I would do that so I dont have to cook three / four times tonight and everybody can help themselves when they come in.

This morning I had a few more sales on ebay which is great. I have listed another five items today so am keeping on track with that. I have paid all my fees again and transferred the money into my bank account. When I had a look at the balance it was looking really healthy, so I have paid £500 off the credit card with the highest interest rate. :beer:

The payment was from ebay sales and asking my son for some of the cash back that he had loaned, so it just shows you it can be done.

Feeling really good about this at the moment as things are going really great.

Have a good weekend everybody

LBM
  • engineer_amy
    engineer_amy Posts: 803 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Its a great start, keep it up!

I was the same with food shopping, at the weekends i would order takeaways as there wasnt much in the fridge or cupboards, and they work out so expensive. Ive started doing my food shopping on a friday after work, so at the weekend when i actually have the time to properly cook, i have all the ingredients to do it, and can plan my meals or batch cook for the rest of the week. I spent less on crap food as well
    Mortgage = [STRIKE]£113,495 (May 2009)[/STRIKE] £67462.74 Jun 2019
  • LightBulbMoment
    Options
    Hi Everybody

I hope everybody had a great weekend.

Engineering Amy - Thanks for your help and comments. Well shopping on a Friday really did work. We had no takeaways at all over the weekend, which is fantastic. I have also slowly started to stop buying the junk as well as it really is a waste of money and is so bad for you as well.

Well, today I have wrapped up twenty item that sold on ebay over the weekend, which is just fantastic. After paying the ebay fees and postage I have been left with £193 in my paypal account that I have now transferred to my bank account. I have put the £93 in the savings account and have paid £100 off the credit card.

I did not list any items on ebay yesterday so have a target of ten to do today.

The shopping budget is also going great and I really am not having a problem with only spending under £70 each week.

I am going to try and sort all the junk out and maybe go to the car boot sale this Sunday if the weather is ok. If it is bad I really dont think it is worth going.

If any body has any more good money saving ideas please let me know.

Take care

LBM
  • bambisonamission
    Options
    Hi LBM

You sound like you are well and truly on a roll at the moment. You are storming away on the eb@y sales! I find getting the motivation to put on there so hard to find. Well done on the food shopping too, it's amazing how much we buy but don't really need isn't it? You are so inspiring so I am subscribing.

I too have just recently had my LBM and although things are conspiring against me (another vet visit tomorrow) at least I know that my debt isn't increasing unless it is truly an emergency. Unfortunately there aren't any car boots around here, although I could do with one for silly things that you wouldn't want to post.

Anyway, you have inspired me to list some more stuff on eB@y! So off I run to take some pictures.

Bambi
    Currently in an IVA due to trying to fund a growing business but enough is enough. Back to uni I go to study and get some stability back!!!
  • LightBulbMoment
    Options
    Hi Bambi

I really would encourage anybody to give ebay a try. Over the past few weeks I have made some much money getting shot of some of the things that we really do not want any more.

It makes you think that they should not of been purchased in the first place! I am made up with the amount of money I have made and paid off the c/c bill.

I am now putting stuff in boxes for a car boot sale so I can get organised to go if the weather is ok at the weekend. So lets hope it is going to be a sunny weekend.

I have sold another three items on ebay which is great and hoping for more sales.

It just frightens me when I come to the end of the stuff what I am going to do then, I think I am going to have to get my thinking cap on.

Hope everybody is well and not spending any pennies.

LBM
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport