🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Walkers letter swap

Options

Comments

• tj64_2
    tj64_2 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I too need a C or K!!! :(
  • hamsterfan1
    hamsterfan1 Posts: 8,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I wish I knew what this was about!
    proud gran to 4 lovely boys and one little girl
  • Lyds1
    Lyds1 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hiya you need a "T" if you want to swap for one of the above. Thanks
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,966 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Lyds1 wrote: »
    Hiya you need a "T" if you want to swap for one of the above. Thanks

Only K, C and D are rare letters, T is one of the common ones and various destinations can be completed without it.
  • crabs4t
    crabs4t Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Like many others C K D seem impossible to find. And now my local Sainsburys no longer has any fresh stock! So that's that I suppose. Why do I think that finding a golden ticket for Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory is on a par with this obvious sales gimmick?
  • Midnighter
    Midnighter Posts: 18,555 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    crabs4t wrote: »
    Like many others C K D seem impossible to find. And now my local Sainsburys no longer has any fresh stock! So that's that I suppose. Why do I think that finding a golden ticket for Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory is on a par with this obvious sales gimmick?
    Several of the local stores ran out of promotional multi-packs a while back, but I've since been finding them in unbranded multi-packs.

I see that Walkers are being investigated after complaints about the comp.
    '...luck came to those who left a space for it.' Terry Pratchett
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,966 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Midnighter wrote: »
    Several of the local stores ran out of promotional multi-packs a while back, but I've since been finding them in unbranded multi-packs.

I see that Walkers are being investigated after complaints about the comp.

That's people not understanding how little chance they really have of winning (moaning when they have entered 141 codes!). They were sucked in with the headline 20,000 holidays available figure which compares to the 2,000 or less that are likely to be won and the probable odds of winning of 50,000 to 1 or more.

If they were all given away the retail cost would be a tidy £37,500,000, they would have to shift a lot of extra crisps to make that worthwhile.
  • flage101
    Options
    I've a A to swap for a C
  • jamielmdjs
    jamielmdjs Posts: 435 Forumite
    Options
    flage101 wrote: »
    I've a A to swap for a C

I've got an email from a different comp saying i've won a trip to Barcelona. I'll swap you that for a similar email from your inbox that says you haven't won.

(I don't and i won't) but it's effectively the same as what you've just asked - swap a winner for a non-winner.

The 'swap' part of the comp is a pointless gimmick. There are 3 winning letters - one of which is C. NOBODY will swap you a winner for a non-winner.
  • kadiekaismummi
    kadiekaismummi Posts: 1,074 Forumite
    Options
    I've now put in to date 352 codes, obviously have loads of random letters of the alphabet, but still no C,K or Ds I've now ran out of codes & can't find any either, what a waste of time & money this has turned into & haven't really seen any proof of winners!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport