IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking charge after 3 years

Options

Comments

• atilla
    atilla Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    As if time is an excuse and debts get better the longer you ignore them.
    Debt??

I think you missed out a key word.
    Alleged.
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,196 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sort of an alternative reality.
  • Parking-Prankster
    Options
    I have an outstanding 3 year old Asda charge. I'm looking forward to the call from the "Voice of Reality".

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/the-prankster-loses-to-smart-parking-at.html

We can start by discussing whether my car really was there the alleged time, whether it was indeed disassembled by itinerant squirrels, or whether there was a more mundane reason why the ANPR failed.

No, the real reason you failed to observe my departure was that an itinerant pack of squirrels descended onto the car park. Armed only with their nuts and a few makeshift tools they dismantled my car (poor Chitty) and reassembled it outside the car park, thus avoiding detection by your cameras.
    Hi, we’ve approved your signature. It's awesome. Please email the forum team if you want more praise - MSE ForumTeam
  • The_Voice_Of_Reality
    The_Voice_Of_Reality Posts: 10 Forumite
    edited 7 May 2016 at 6:08PM
    Options
    What else amuses me?

1. "I didn't see anywhere on the sign saying I couldn't park across two bays. I mean SERIOUSLY?(thumps chest and twists mouth)"
    2. "These charges aren't enforceable, they won't take me to court" (two weeks later) "why have I got a CCJ Mr Reality? I thought these weren't enforceable and I could ignore these?!"
    3. "I had my toddler with me, that's why I was I in a parent and toddler bay! (Photograph shows Ferarri with, get this, no car seat)"
    4. "I never received the PCN in the first place" (PCN is clearly posted on the windscreen). "Somebody must of ripped it off" (the debtor ripped it off."
    5. "I've just had a baby, I can't afford this"! (Drives a Ferrari with, get this, no car seat)
    6." I can park wherever I want, it's private land there are no rules"(I ask if i can park on their front lawn) "come anywhere near my house and I'll...(no you won't).
    7. "Oh just take me to court, I'm not worried about it I've got a good case"(has six PCNs issued for overstaying at the same site).
    8. "Oh just take me to court, im not worried about it I'm a solicitor(spends next thirty minutes whinging and demanding a manager, because they obviously aren't worried about it.)
    9. "What's your office address?! I'm gonna come there and nut you one mate! Get it cancelled or I'll have ya!" (I look up their neighbourhood and quote an address five minutes away from them and tell them when I finish work, and they go quiet and hang up. Later I check the account and they've paid it.)
    10. What really amuses me the most, is probably how many people can't actually figure out how to put dee car, in dee bay, within dee lines, and not in dee roaaaaad. Or perhaps the people who can't count out the difference between 2 hours max stay and 10, even when they use all 12 fingers.

Pull the wings off butterflies. I'm in the beer garden watching beautiful butterflies and bleeting lambs right now, drinking a nice pint of Old Rosie, paid for by all of the above and more! Cheers!
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,062 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What else amuses me?

1. "I didn't see anywhere on the sign saying I couldn't park across two bays. I mean SERIOUSLY?(thumps chest and twists mouth)"
    2. "These charges aren't enforceable, they won't take me to court" (two weeks later) "why have I got a CCJ Mr Reality? I thought these weren't enforceable and I could ignore these?!"
    3. "I had my toddler with me, that's why I was I in a parent and toddler bay! (Photograph shows Ferarri with, get this, no car seat)"
    4. "I never received the PCN in the first place" (PCN is clearly posted on the windscreen). "Somebody must of ripped it off" (the debtor ripped it off."
    5. "I've just had a baby, I can't afford this"! (Drives a Ferrari with, get this, no car seat)
    6." I can park wherever I want, it's private land there are no rules"(I ask if i can park on their front lawn) "come anywhere near my house and I'll...(no you won't).
    7. "Oh just take me to court, I'm not worried about it I've got a good case"(has six PCNs issued for overstaying at the same site).
    8. "Oh just take me to court, im not worried about it I'm a solicitor(spends next thirty minutes whinging and demanding a manager, because they obviously aren't worried about it.)
    9. "What's your office address?! I'm gonna come there and nut you one mate! Get it cancelled or I'll have ya!" (I look up their neighbourhood and quote an address five minutes away from them and tell them when I finish work, and they go quiet and hang up. Later I check the account and they've paid it.)
    10. What really amuses me the most, is probably how many people can't actually figure out how to put dee car, in dee bay, within dee lines, and not in dee roaaaaad. Or perhaps the people who can't count out the difference between 2 hours max stay and 10, even when they use all 12 fingers.

Pull the wings off butterflies. I'm in the beer garden watching beautiful butterflies and bleeting lambs right now, drinking a nice pint of Old Rosie, paid for by all of the above and more! Cheers!

No doubt waiting for your nurse to take you back to the secure unit!:rotfl:
  • The_Voice_Of_Reality
    Options
    I have an outstanding 3 year old Asda charge. I'm looking forward to the call from the "Voice of Reality".

We can start by discussing whether my car really was there the alleged time, whether it was indeed disassembled by itinerant squirrels, or whether there was a more mundane reason why the ANPR failed.

No, the real reason you failed to observe my departure was that an itinerant pack of squirrels descended onto the car park. Armed only with their nuts and a few makeshift tools they dismantled my car (poor Chitty) and reassembled it outside the car park, thus avoiding detection by your cameras.

I will probably find your squirrel jokes quite funny, ask if your paying, and when you say no hang up and take a call from some pathetic crying student and pretend to be empathising while I give her the finger and get her to pay me. Standard day really, :D
  • Zero_Gravitas
    Zero_Gravitas Posts: 583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hmm.

Hypothetically, If I were running a successful scam, would I register on a forum for people opposed to the scam, and boast about how successful it was? No, I'd probably keep very quiet about it...
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    This "Reality" bod lives in the clouds

We must all feel very flattered that such a dreamer takes notice of this forum :rotfl:

Ten Green Bottles ... and all that
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ive had quite a bit of fun collecting on these old ASDA ones this week, Never quite understood why people are so adamant that after three years pursuing these is "outrageous." As if time is an excuse and debts get better the longer you ignore them. "Oh I thought this had been cancelled" (last conversation note is debtor rang up screaming and swearing very abusive states refuses to pay wants court). The reactions from you guys are priceless.

start a lot of court cases do you?

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Smart_Parking.html
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    start a lot of court cases do you?

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Smart_Parking.html

No point talking to the brain dead Pappa:wall: