Bank makes me overdrawn?!

Options
12346»

Comments

• Samsung_Note2
    Samsung_Note2 Posts: 774 Forumite
    Options
    Sammie007 wrote: »
    Wow. Well,I thought I may have got some nice answers. Not sure about the jackanory remark. My insurance was supposed to take the direct debit out on the 15th of the month,as we changed it because I'd got made redundant the month before, but took it out on the first of the month. They did me no favours whatsoever. I'd have rather paid a £15 charge. My insurance offered me a free month as a gesture of goodwill. And being jobless and benefit less,it's very hard to pay it off. I'm sure we did one month but still got charged. But I'm unsure on why they can take me over my limit in the first instance.

Being jobless..i assume you informed your insurance in regards the commuting to a single place of work.
    What i mean by that is,if you found employment with an agency you would invalidate your car insurance if its like millions of us who have a stipulation to drive to a single place of work.

Yes that's really anal but as daft as it may appear its worth taking note of,i refused until my insurer (note broker) tried to pull my insurance as traveled to various building sites each month.
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    joe134 wrote: »
    Nice little Diatribe,..

Oh, the irony!
    joe134 wrote: »
    It all sounds so sincere, the banks are OH so Altruistic.
    Regarding your statement;

". Banks do not need to "catch you [out]" to make a profit. It seems they are going out of their way to help customers avoid being penalised for these sorts of mistakes."

Why is it" Every" single High street bank has been fined , for mis-selling PPI;CCPP, Packaged Accounts not suitable for customers needs.etc'etc.the list is endless,if that's not catching you out I don't know what is?

I've been with Hsbc for nearly 60 years ,and I will never change,and have got, A/cs with Every high street bank, Et.al
    Hsbc is a good example of excellence isn't it?
    It's as bent as a nine bob note.
    Barclays Libor rate fixing etc;etc.
    LLoyds really took a hammering for their mis selling, and they are still at it.
    The list is endless.
    Bob Diamond.
    Horsey Hester
    Fred the Shred Goodwin et.al
    Huge bonus's while the banks need bailing out
    Another long list of Altruists they are .
    If they don't need to rip us off to make a profit, Why do we still own one of them after being bailed them all out?
    They all have their own Toxic depts
    RBS is so Toxic it's changing it's name to Williams & Glynn.
    In the real world they would have gone under for their antics.
    My world not yours apparently;

I will accede you know a lot about how banks operate , T'c's etc, and give good advice to posters on this forum , BUT, we will always Differ on this topic, and we have had a few debates in the past.

I think I will stick to my statement," they are a Cartel", out to rip you off at the first chance they can, and you have to beat them at their own game.
    Use them, don't let them use you.

Buyer Beware.

As I told the OP, don't take to heart the slights , they are just banter, I've been on here long enough to know.
    I hope he gets it sorted out.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My bank, (Halifax) would for some reason let direct debits still go through taking me overdrawn and other times appear to do so, it comes out my account but then returned 24 hours later. Now, they ALWAYS return any direct debits regardless of whom these are to if I would have otherwise have gone overdrawn yet I don't get charged for any of the returned direct debits.

This thread is 2 years old but I will reply.
    Halifax no longer charge anybody for a returned direct debit.
    They have changed their charging structures to so many pennies for every £7 overdrawn.If you go overdrawn without authority they return it for free.
  • No_6
    No_6 Posts: 835 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No more posts to this one people......
    JUST LOOK how OLD it WAS....for the 1st ONE
  • OceanSound
    OceanSound Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    anoncol wrote: »
    How the hell can something arrive before departing? You are being ridiculous.
    Does 'tomorrow' count?...it's always coming but never arrives.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure