MSE News: Tesco to hold last-ever Clubcard double-up event in May

Options

Comments

• teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Perhaps Rewards will follow Green Shield and Pink stamps into oblivion.

For me there is no value in increased partner offers, as the deals offered are of no use, so I could move to shopping elsewhere, but it would cost more as Tesco is very close to home.
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've been a deliver saver customer for a few years now. My last delivery saver was paid for by doubling up my clubcard points. Minimum delivery has increased from £25 back to £40. Impractical if you just want a few bits. The petrol coupons you collected per £50 of shopping have ceased and I haven't seen any of those "special promotions" aka collect a sticker per £20 of shopping to get discounted china suitcases etc

I've not had any bonus points or bonus coupons this quarter and I get frustrated when larger (cheaper) packs of eg toilet rolllare available in store but not available online. Now this with clubcard boost. Pfft
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Flat_Eric wrote: »
    I've been a deliver saver customer for a few years now. My last delivery saver was paid for by doubling up my clubcard points. Minimum delivery has increased from £25 back to £40. Impractical if you just want a few bits. The petrol coupons you collected per £50 of shopping have ceased and I haven't seen any of those "special promotions" aka collect a sticker per £20 of shopping to get discounted china suitcases etc

I've not had any bonus points or bonus coupons this quarter and I get frustrated when larger (cheaper) packs of eg toilet rolllare available in store but not available online. Now this with clubcard boost. Pfft

Yes, that's how I paid for my last delivery saver as well. And you're right about the bonus coupons too.
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    Perhaps Rewards will follow Green Shield and Pink stamps into oblivion.

For me there is no value in increased partner offers, as the deals offered are of no use, so I could move to shopping elsewhere, but it would cost more as Tesco is very close to home.

That used to be the case for me.

Now I have to drive and have two large Tesco's within 5 miles either direction from me, one of which has an Aldi next door, the other a Lidl and large Home Bargains store next door.

So not difficult to change my shopping habits, and save money on top!
  • teddysmum
    Options
    We have an equidistant Aldi, which I use, but I can't get some of the foodstuffs I need from them.
  • teddysmum
    Options
    The other day, I emailed Tesco to ask how the double-up would work this time, as they change the rules from time to time.

The reply was that double-ups are specific to departments (ie You cannot double up a large voucher then spend in two departments) and this is to apply both online and in stores.

In stores you are only allowed to double up in multiples of £5, but online they have reverted to allowing a double up of any voucher . eg You can get £25 from a £12.50 voucher.

I've now asked how the following would apply :

1) You have a £12.50 and a £5 voucher and want two £20 items, in different departments. (Can you double just £10 from the first voucher,releasing £2.50 to add to the £5 and double to £15 with a £5 cash addition?)

2) Online,how could you use 3x£5 vouchers to buy an item costing £29.99, as double up has to be to the item value or less ? (In a store you would only be able to double two vouchers, then pay £9.99 in cash, but online may be different)
  • teddysmum
    Options
    A nice young man from Tesco Rewards gave me a call and actually contradicted what I was told by email.

He said that you an use one voucher over two departments online , though the person sending the email said you couldn't. He added that, having checked online himself, that the situation is far from clear and he is going to refer this to management for discussion.

Hopefully the old online system will be in force online (ie you choose all your goods, then are given the option of doubling up to match your total bill).
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    On-line at Tesco Direct has for some time been more flexible, than in-store - though I think in-store is catching up with them.

When the next vouchers come out, then a more detailed announcement will be made. It will come with the vouchers, and it will show on-line.

If you use a £12.50 voucher in-store, the change gets credited back to your clubcard account and will be included in the next mailing (three-months later).
    On-line, It will allow you to double the voucher value e.g. £24.00 - to - £48.00, and it will allow you to order from any department - when you get to the product page as long as it has the Boost label no problem. But you cannot overpay, £30.00 for £29.99 item, no problem topping up via a card. And easier - no need to convert to boost vouchers, double-up value calculated at 'check-out.

Last time I did it in-store, sure they said you can mix departments - but I would check that first. And, before you convert, check what you want is available.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Indeed, though it seems as though there may be a £10 doubled to £20 online limit this time.

Probably linked to the Click and Collect charge, as they won't want to have to offer it free when they're not actually making any new funds from the sale.
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    The vouchers whether boosted or not are only to help pay for goods - not for carriage or post & packing.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport