MSE News: Tesco to hold last-ever Clubcard double-up event in May

Options
MSE_Luke
MSE_Luke Posts: 295 MSE Staff
First Anniversary
Tesco customers have one last chance to take part in the Clubcard double-up event in-store and online next month, as the supermarket chain prepares to unveil wider changes to its loyalty points scheme, MoneySavingExpert can reveal...
Read the full story:
'Tesco to hold last-ever Clubcard double-up event in May'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,008 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Am I the only one who's heart sinks when a company talks of an 'exciting opportunity'.

I guess Clubcard points are now way out of line with the market (Sains, Morisons etc cutting their points) and so a big cut in their value was always on the cards.
    I think....
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I hope there isn't a mass cut in points AND an end to Clubcard Boost at the same time. After the click and collect charge, it could be an own goal. Following the market and churning out a line about better value doesn't impress shoppers.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was another casualty of the living wage.
  • kremmen
    kremmen Posts: 744 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    On the one hand the british public love Aldi and Lidl with minimal range , low prices and no gimmicks but on the other hand we love to moan about Tesco responding to the realities and cutting their perks and "getting back to basics"

Go figure
    :rotfl:

Paul
  • Susie_Richards
    Options
    Shame on them!
  • Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've got a £1 voucher, the only one I've ever had! Guess I'd better use it before it is worthless :)
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,317 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    MSE seem to have invented time travel - the article is dated 27th April 2016! :rotfl:
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £460
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I don't know if I'll be in trouble for disclosing this (I hope not, I don't fancy being in trouble!) but there are plans for Clubcard to be more like Nectar; if you've got £2.50 worth of points you'd be able to redeem there and then rather than having to wait for vouchers online/through the post.

Mods: if you feel this post inappropriate please feel free to remove accordingly.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • callum9999
    callum9999 Posts: 4,392 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Kim_13 wrote: »
    I hope there isn't a mass cut in points AND an end to Clubcard Boost at the same time. After the click and collect charge, it could be an own goal. Following the market and churning out a line about better value doesn't impress shoppers.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was another casualty of the living wage.

I'd be shocked if the two are remotely linked. Tesco operate the Clubcard for one reason and one reason only - to get more and higher spending customers. If the strategy is working then they aren't going to bleed it to bolster the wage budget, if it's not working then it was going to be cut regardless.
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Frogletina wrote: »
    I've got a £1 voucher, the only one I've ever had! Guess I'd better use it before it is worthless :)

A £1.00 voucher could only be used as per face value. You have until the expiry date on the voucher to use it by.

On the mailing that I just had about the changes, it promotes the Boost Partners aspect, it's just the Boost in-store/Tesco Direct that will be discontinued.

The thing to bear in mind with this, is if you only get your vouchers annually in November, you won't be able to do this May Boost, you'll need to come out of annual (Christmas Club), quickly in order to get May vouchers.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    MSE seem to have invented time travel - the article is dated 27th April 2016! :rotfl:

Oops.

Perhaps someone forgot to check the press release embargo date before putting it online.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure