PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2016 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• drcee
    drcee Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Time to make some savings! I would like to have a budget of £120 for the month. My month runs from 27/05 to 24/06.

Hoping to clear some freezer space. Off to Sainsbury's tonight to get the meagrest of rations to top-up!
    NST June 2016 No. 11
    NSD: 2/20
    June Grocery Challenge: £85.66/£120
    DFD 1 December 2016: Virgin Atlantic CC: £180.33; Barclaycard CC: £2271.98
  • Lilys-Games
    Lilys-Games Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all :)

As I had no plans tonight or last night, I decided to get my food shopping out of the way then rather than tomorrow. I normally shop around a bit for cheapness and go down to the market, but I'm sick of spending my Saturdays doing cleaning and errands, so S@insburys and F@armfoods it was.

Between the two I've bought frozen veg, couple of bits of fresh veg, lentils, toothpaste, toothbrushes and toilet roll. I've also spent around 7 pound on cake ingredients, but I'm not including baking stuff in my total this week because the cake is a birthday present for somebody.

So altogether, that gives me a total of £29.99 so far, plus a free Saturday ( :j ) to spend baking and working on freelance project, before seeing my boyfriend tomorrow night.
    June 2016 Grocery Challenge- £49.61/£90
  • Zed42
    Zed42 Posts: 930 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Funny old year so far and I've been dismal with the grocery budget, so I've decided to scrub the first 5 months and start afresh for June.

£650

This will include food (eating in and takeout, not dining out), pet food (2 cats) and all cleaning / pharmacy items ....
    GC - March 2024 -
  • BrassicWoman
    BrassicWoman Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    £200 for June please - I am having mega healthy eating with loads of expensive fruit! Will see what it really comes in at and decide about the rest of the year from there.
    2021 GC £1365.71/ £2400
  • drcee
    drcee Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Did my weekly shop. I am using up my store cupboard and freezer so I spent very little:

Diet Coke: £1.25
    Walkers Crisps: £0.55
    Meat Feast Pizza: £3.00
    Baked beans: £0.75
    Milk: £0.45
    Noodles: £1
    Swede and carrot: £0.50
    Macaroni: £0.85
    Iceberg lettuce: £0.50
    Brocolli: £0.50
    Red onion: £0.12
    Pasta and Sauce: £1.20

Total: £10.72/£120

Meal plan:

1) Tortilla Bake with Salas (2 meals)
    2) Pizza Topped Chicken with Chips and Brocolli
    3) Heck Sausages, Carrot and Swede Mash, Cauliflower and Broccoli
    4) Mayflower Chicken Curry with Rice
    5) Sausage and Bean Pasta Bake
    6) Sticky Chicken with Noodles
    NST June 2016 No. 11
    NSD: 2/20
    June Grocery Challenge: £85.66/£120
    DFD 1 December 2016: Virgin Atlantic CC: £180.33; Barclaycard CC: £2271.98
  • Onmyway2
    Onmyway2 Posts: 275 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi,

I've never done this before but last month I spent £400 on food for 3! I have my cars MOT and a festival this month. Plus, I am selling my house so unexpected bills are bound to pop up over the next 12 weeks or so.

I want to do something drastic but can't see how people are surviving on £150 a month (obvs need some tips) so put me down for £10 a day or £300 a month and that should do me. I will do a stock take this morning and start meal planning.

I will also have a look at this grocery comparison site as I've never heard of it before. Good luck everyone!
  • flipper_72
    flipper_72 Posts: 671 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 May 2016 at 2:32PM
    Options
    I am definitely in again, I am not managing to post much but it is definitely helping me keep on top of the budget
    in for £250 again please
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,517 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    £250 for June please :j
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Libra_Lady
    Options
    New to the thread but have been luring previously. Would like to join for June please, £150 for the month for me and two hungry cats.
  • mummy2threeboys
    mummy2threeboys Posts: 1,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh gosh look at all those lovely recipies! Thanks so Much! Can I join Please. A total Budget of £320 for the month (family of 5) Thankyou x
    Compers challenge 27/70
    £1805/2018
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family