Everyone Loves Ingenious Tenuous Equations

Options

Comments

• Perranlady
    Perranlady Posts: 1,356 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just found RTC in Penzance Morries, 3 pack 125g John West pink salmon for £1 per pack
    Lots of cake angle and Morries cake decorations for 31p and 33p
    HTH
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 17 April 2016 at 1:33PM
    Options
    altojack wrote: »
    I'm pretty certain you can borrow one from NHS, it won't hurry to ask if you can :)
    How about Red Cross too. They sometimes loan out these high chairs. I got one after my hip replacement. NHS wouldnt lend me one, so Red Cross came to the rescue :j <<< me several months after said hip replacement :rotfl:

ETA getting high chair and high backed chair mixed up :o But could still be worth a look at the local Red Cross.
  • ilovetoshop
    ilovetoshop Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Afternoon :D
    ILTS, thats a nice chair but does look low, hope you and Nan are ok x

Hi bubbs :) hope all is well with you x

I will be thinking of your dear sis on Saturday x

Nan is well considering x

As for me I'm just trying to get on with everything as usual one good thing to come out of it is I've lost a stone in four weeks :j
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 17 April 2016 at 1:39PM
    Options
    Another one where I don't know the real Morries price at the moment:rotfl:.

Thwaites Wainwright Ale (500ml)

Store_2.15px.png
    £1.80 any 4 for £5.00
    36p / 25p / 100ml

• Store_1.15px.png
      £1.79 any 4 for £6.00
    • Store_8.15px.png
      £1.65 any 4 for £6.00
    • Store_3.15px.png
      [Strike]£1.80[/Strike]
      £1.65
    • Store_4.15px.png
      £1.79 any 3 for £5.00
    • Store_7.15px.png
      £1.79
    I've come across several SELs suggesting that this has gone back to £1.25 in M. Given that msm now - or still - says £1.65 individual price, I now think that those SELs have not been changed and are out of date. It's possible that APG, or TBG, could compare to £1.25 price if they have those stores and not enough stores with what now think might be the real M price of £1.65. We saw another item - actually I'm going to put that back onto my list as it's gone back on offer in M, even though not as good as it was before - the Kipling Viennese Whirls that were, ages back, picking up an M offer price on the APG into a further week, after the M offer had ended. That wasn't a really good 'glitch' as all it did was to extend the M offer price on the APG. It was nonetheless I think (assuming I had the right price:rotfl:) wrong and I reckon the APG probably had four M stores - unlikely but it happened - that didn't take the offer off the shelf when it had expired in M and had only two with the correct full price.

Or else perhaps one of their stores had gone OOS and there was no indication of the product left, due to the offer the previous week, and leaving them with three stores with unchanged SELs and only two correct. (Or possibly even two stores with each of the prices and two had vanished no trace, leaving them to take the lowest price in the event of a tie. Then again:rotfl: - I am going on - the possibilities enlarge - one store at 64p, one at £1.30 and another at £1.35 with three N/As: had it had been 64p, £1.30 x2 and N/As, the final result would have been £1.30; however it was not - there was a three-way tie and it was lowest price.)

Anyway, I've got a number of stores with £1.25 on the Wainwright Ale so they may be others showing that price. I had one incorrect the other week - showing £1.65 when, I believe, the offer was still on but, of my three that day, had two at £1.25. I think the offer ended a couple of weeks ago, as shown online. After this, I've had more £1.65s until now - when I have a few more £1.25s. So, it's possible the APG or TBG might have what I believe to be the old price.

Marston's Pedigree is on £1 offer in M and it is also part of the mix and match so, although it's 4 for £6 (which is more expensive than £1 each), people - obviously not us:rotfl: - could buy three of the offers in the offer and a £1 Pedigree for the offer price. This is obviously I think not a Scottish offer as it is an mbuy on alcohol. I've had one store showing £1.65 and mbuy price on the Pedigree - seemingly causing people in that store to pick others that are on 4 for £6 instead of buying just one Pedigree:rotfl:. At the time I visited, someone was, it seemed, doing just that. It seemed from my observing them that they were unaware that the Marston's Pedigree was £1, as you would be if you just saw that SEL.

However, I don't envisage any problem on the Marston's Pedigree comparing correctly to £1 since this is the only M in which I have seen (what appears to be) an incorrect price and many of the Ms I've seen are displaying £1 (some now showing a clear mix and match with the mbuy offer). I now see msm has changed to £1.65 and mbuy - the Marston's Pedigree was definitely showing £1 in many as late as Friday and we're on an earlier price collection date than that. I think this is coming off £1 and staying in the mbuy offer. This also now makes me think the Wainwright Ale may have been individual £1.25 again earlier in the week but is now also going back up and staying on the mbuy offer. Although my money (not literally of course:rotfl:) is on it being £1.65 and mbuy throughout - this is the online price that has been showing: as far as I'm aware the £1.25 ended about two weeks ago. Yet some stores are still showing it and it's enough stores for me that the APG/TBG might have that.

In short, ignore msm and m.com and Marston's Pedigree will likely compare to £1 although it looks like this is going to end on the Monday data that are collected tomorrow.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,958 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi bubbs :) hope all is well with you x

I will be thinking of your dear sis on Saturday x

Nan is well considering x

As for me I'm just trying to get on with everything as usual one good thing to come out of it is I've lost a stone in four weeks :j

Hello :wave:
    Thanks, she is going sea side for the day with the dogs and her friend and her dogs;)
    Wow! Just make sure you eat, get some cake:rotfl:
    Is Nan home?
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    :( sorry you couldn't get any AJ

I paid £3.36 :eek: I was sure they had a yellow sell of £2 :eek: Kelly's Clotted Cream ice cream 1 lt was £2 also. I was going to drive back but dh has hidden the keys and won't let me go :o
    gocat wrote: »
    How about Red Cross too. They sometimes loan out these high chairs. I got one after my hip replacement. NHS wouldnt lend me one, so Red Cross came to the rescue :j <<< me several months after said hip replacement :rotfl:

Hup one two three, get those knees up :rotfl: When I had my knee replacement last year I was given some risers from NHS to borrow to put on sofa feet, just the right height for me :)
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • Nannylala
    Nannylala Posts: 6,791 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for all your replys, why was none of this mentioned to me, I was just told to buy a highback chair :cool:
    I will speak to them and find out exactly what I'm supposed to be getting x

Good afternoon ..I think that would be a good idea ILTS as could be an expensive mistake ..I would have thought Wooden arms arm also a good idea as can be used to push up on to get up..when I worked as a carer a lot of the oldies had these type of chairs .
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oooops, forgot to say good morning :eek:

It is a glorious sunny day here, and my OH turns 60 :eek: Time really does speed up as you get older! He is currently trying to figure out his new coffee machine (ground not capsule).

Twenty three days older than meeeeee :D
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Off to get a coffee and watch a film :)
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • ilovetoshop
    ilovetoshop Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    Options
    Hello :wave:
    Thanks, she is going sea side for the day with the dogs and her friend and her dogs;)
    Wow! Just make sure you eat, get some cake:rotfl:
    Is Nan home?

I'm glad she will be occupied as I'm sure it is going to be very tough for her x

I was thinking while TINYSHOES is preoccupied with her kitchen I might be able to sneak in and pinch her Xmas cake that was lurking in her pantry ;):rotfl: mine would never last that long :o

Still in hospital but things are being put into place for her return x
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure