First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    House_Elf wrote: »
    Morning

AvT
    2x Quorn 8 Meat Free Sausages (336G)£3.80 £2.00
    2x Mr Kipling 4 Angel Slices (4PK) £2.20 £1.50
    1x ASDA Chosen By You Potato Waffles (680G) £1.00 £1.00
    1x Colgate Total 12Hr Pro-Guard Peppermint Blast Mouthwash (500ML) £2.70 £3.00
    1x Quorn Meat Free Tikka Sliced Fillets (140G) £2.65 £1.66
    1x Quorn Sausage Rolls Mini (210G) £2.25 N/A
    2x Quorn 2 Peppered Steaks (196G) £2.00 £3.33
    1x McCain French Fries (1.4KG) £2.50 £2.80
    2x ASDA Grower's Selection Cucumber (EACH) £0.84 £0.84
    1x Cadbury Dairy Milk Caramel Chocolate Bar 7 pack (259G) £2.99 N/A
    1x Quorn Roast Style Sliced Fillets (140G)
    £2.65 £2.51
    1x Galaxy Ripple Bars (7X33G) £2.60 £1.25
    1x Quorn Meat Free Bacon Rashers (120G)
    £2.15 £1.50
    1x Smiths Frazzles Crispy Bacon Flavour Corn Snacks (8X18G) £1.00 £1.00

This Womble was very lucrative thanks to their veggie choices!
    (I have removed less interesting items e.g. bottled water etc :eek:)

HE x

No, the bottled water might actually be the most interesting. There have been several in M on RTC, although I suspect there are several more that I've never found:rotfl:. I still have some indication around - SELs even if with no stock - that some of them are in M (and I'm assuming that the others that have vanished for me without trace still are somewhere too). (Due to me finding, again another item that I have lost from a lot of other places, what seemed to be an errant offer label on a shelf - no stock - but then finding stock of the product at another store soon afterwards, I think SEL and no stock often does indicate they are in some other M somewhere. It's not the only item on which I have had that situation.)

Could you post the bottled waters comp. vs M, so we/I can see what the price collectors have/have not got? TIA.
  • cheer1eader
    cheer1eader Posts: 5,754 Forumite
    Options
    altojack wrote: »
    Thanks cheer1eader, I'll check mine out . I got 2 year before last and got DTD on them both as they were placed behind wrong sells :)
    fingers crossed they've got them ;) they also had even bigger ones for £13.50 but thought that 6.9 kilos was big enough :rotfl::rotfl:
    :beer: Happy Bargain Hunting!! :beer:
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    Options
    One for Savvy..

Womble from 16/04/16

Based on comparable items... Tesco Sainsbury's Morrisons Waitrose
    The cost of your shop at Asda was: £7.47 £8.38 £15.38 £8.13
    The competitor cost would have been: £7.83 £8.70 £14.99 £10.15
    To be 10% cheaper Asda needed to be: £7.04 £7.83 £13.49 £9.13
    Compared to the 10% cheaper price £0.43 more £0.55 more
    £1.89 more
    £1.00 less
    Asda was... Not 10% cheaper Not 10% cheaper
    Not 10% cheaper
    10% cheaper
    How was this worked out?
    View comparison
    View comparison
    View comparison
    View comparison
    9 items (7 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    2x ASDA Chosen by You Applewood Smoked Pork Loin Thick Sliced (150G) £3.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Chosen by You 2 Extra Hot Onion Bhajis (100G) £0.50 N/A
    1x ASDA Tricolour Rice with Aromatic Spices (190G) £0.85 N/A
    2x ASDA Grower's Selection Jumbo Mushrooms (250G) £1.70 £1.48
    1x Pringles Prawn Cocktail (190G) £2.48 £1.00
    1x ASDA Squeezy Mayonnaise (425G) £0.80 N/A
    2x ASDA Butcher's Selection Prime Beef Rump Steak (255G) £7.00 £8.16
    1x McVitie's Rich Tea Classic (300G) £1.00 £1.00
    1x ASDA Chicken Bhuna Main for 2 (400G) £3.25 N/A
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Sweet Iceberg Lettuce Twin Pack (220G) £1.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Onions (4PK) £0.85 N/A
    2x Cravendale Semi-Skimmed Milk (500ML) £1.00 N/A
    1x Bertolli Original Spread 500g (500G) £1.00 £1.00
    1x Haribo Roulette (175G) £0.79 N/A
    1x Fanta Fruit Twist (500ML) £1.25 £1.25
    2x ASDA Butcher's Selection 8 Thick Cut Unsmoked Back Bacon Rashers (345G) £4.00 N/A
    2x ASDA Crusty Rolls (4PK) £1.60 N/A
    1x ASDA Butcher's Selection Prime Beef Frying Steak (476G) £4.75 N/A
    1x ASDA Vegetable Oil (1L) £0.95 £1.10
    Comparison total (compared products only) £15.38 £14.99
    +£0.39 cheaper

They've gone up in price!:j:j

Have they definitely not sneaked onto some mbuy instore now? I will now put all the Pringles I have onto my list, as they are now more worthwhile, making an APG worth something, at their higher price.

I didn't think that there was any real issue about whether they would compare to £1 M.
  • fernie1
    fernie1 Posts: 1,127 Forumite
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    TCB still have their own offers but not many now - in the T&Cs for each offer it indicates if it is a CoS network offer or not. If it is, you cannot use the same receipt. To be safe, it may be best to work on the assumption that any offer appearing on CS, CoS and TCB can only be claimed on each with separate receipts (it does mean you can in some cases get the same offer x3 though :cool:).

In the event an offer appears on Shopit or Shopm (or MSM if they get their act together again!) then potentially you could claim on them and on CoS, CS or TCB but I would think it won't be long before CoS network expands into those too (which would be great, as even more opportunities to claim :)).

Hth

Anon

Thank you, though I'd missed out on something :rotfl:
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    No, the bottled water might actually be the most interesting. There have been several in M on RTC, although I suspect there are several more that I've never found:rotfl:. I still have some indication around - SELs even if with no stock - that some of them are in M (and I'm assuming that the others that have vanished for me without trace still are somewhere too). (Due to me finding, again another item that I have lost from a lot of other places, what seemed to be an errant offer label on a shelf - no stock - but then finding stock of the product at another store soon afterwards, I think SEL and no stock often does indicate they are in some other M somewhere. It's not the only item on which I have had that situation.)

Could you post the bottled waters comp. vs M, so we/I can see what the price collectors have/have not got? TIA.

Glad you said that Savvy, as I often post up comparisons and leave the boring bottled water in lol.
    Here is yesterdays A vs M
    1x ASDA Eden Falls Still Natural Mineral Water (4X2LT) £1.39 £1.46
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 17 April 2016 at 12:52PM
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    I am expanding my empire today. I am in search of large co ops selling bacon:rotfl:
    Large A's to find tinned beans and large Morribobs to find empty shelves of salmon:rotfl:

My ipint is still playing up. Signed in and out. Turned on and off. Stood on my head and swore. But it keeps coming back error:o

Does TBG give a Morries price of 40p salmon if you try to buy Princes Pink Salmon together with nine other different cheap fillers?

If not, you forgot your purse/wallet immediately after you entered your bags number on the SS.:rotfl: (Maybe - perhaps 80p would be alright if they have got that instead - but, if it's anything higher or no TBG at all, then maybe forget your purse:rotfl:.)

They shouldn't compare at all, but I think there's a good chance they might. I don't want them finding the APG's store though:eek: and I hope they are elsewhere. Many places elsewhere had 40p SEL salmon and no indication of RTC on Thursday. I doubt they'll find the Red Salmon - it's taken me 24 stores to find a single hit and they use only 3 - however I think someone else should test that (with the cheapest fillers that don't lose much) and should cancel immediately before the point of payment if, as expected, it doesn't work. Again, they should not compare so don't go ahead with the purchase unless you are, highly unlikely, getting 50p (or at least £1*) price!

If either (or even both!) of these work, then it think it will only last today and not much into tomorrow, as there's a new collection on Monday when I think they will very likely not find the Red Salmon again and probably likely won't find any Pink Salmon either.

It's never going to work in Northern Ireland, so we don't need reports of failures from there as they will not tell us what Morries data TBG has. I think we could well hear a report of success, on at least the Pink, if someone elsewhere tests for us. And, if our lottery numbers come up, maybe even on the Red Salmon too. I wouldn't mix them both in one shop on the test shop, since you might not be able to tell which one has or hasn't worked if you do that.

*Seeing as it seems most people won't be able actually to buy them in their M.
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks snap-ant she is about 5ft , I will need to check if it's too low then , it was £349 on t direct but with codes stacking it comes down to £206 and that's including a shelf thing I added so a good price but not if it's not right , i wiil go have a look and see if it tells you , thanks for your reply x hope dad is improving x

ILTS it is really important that occupational health give you measurement from floor to seat height. They should measure your nan floor to knee I think it is. If it is too low or high she won't get back out of it. And also it must allow her whole head to rest back properly.

This was something mum spent quite a bit on when first diagnosed with secondary cancer. She went for something with wooden arms as can be gripped to help push up.

Don't know your nans situation but my mum was entitled to loan of a high riser electric chair from the nhs when she started to deteriorate more. Might be worth asking.
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Options
    3rd time lucky I have been told to buy a high back chair for nan, does this look suitable ?
    314-9877_PI_TPS2452448?wid=493&ht=538

I needed one of them too a few years back Can i suggest that you measure her needs with regards to height and depth as mine was really too high Ie my legs were to sort to reach the floor when i was seated

Lovely chair
  • Savvybuyer
    Options
    gocat wrote: »
    Glad you said that Savvy, as I often post up comparisons and leave the boring bottled water in lol.
    Here is yesterdays A vs M
    1x ASDA Eden Falls Still Natural Mineral Water (4X2LT) £1.39 £1.46

Just that one bottled water and it's a regular one comparing as expected I think.

Thanks for trying.
  • ilovetoshop
    ilovetoshop Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    Options
    Happy birthday Mr E :beer:

All of the above plus southern comfort and JD. I can't even smell them without my vomit flanges twitching :o:rotfl:

:rotfl: I can really relate to that :rotfl:
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    ILTS it is really important that occupational health give you measurement from floor to seat height. They should measure your nan floor to knee I think it is. If it is too low or high she won't get back out of it. And also it must allow her whole head to rest back properly.

This was something mum spent quite a bit on when first diagnosed with secondary cancer. She went for something with wooden arms as can be gripped to help push up.

Don't know your nans situation but my mum was entitled to loan of a high riser electric chair from the nhs when she started to deteriorate more. Might be worth asking.

Hi Ts, I saw o/h on Friday and they just told me to buy a high back chair, nan is being hoisted from bed to chair as she is now unable to stand so don't know if that is why they didn't state any requirements, I think I shall take details in and ask them if it's any good x
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure