Everyone Loves Ingenious Tenuous Equations

Options

Comments

• Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    :rotfl: I can really relate to that :rotfl:

Hi Ts, I saw o/h on Friday and they just told me to buy a high back chair, nan is being hoisted from bed to chair as she is now unable to stand so don't know if that is why they didn't state any requirements, I think I shall take details in and ask them if it's any good x

Companies like this give all the height and depth measurements. Knowing how my mum was she liked being reclined a bit even though eventually she could not use the controls herself. It was just nice being laid back in a chair occasionally and not in a bed.

https://www.careco.co.uk/cat-rr01/riser-recliners.htm?gclid=CJrghZzOlcwCFdgaGwodKc8Lug

You really do need all the right measurements otherwise like mrsmac said your nan wont be comfortable she may "slop" in the chair if that's the right word.
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    fingers crossed they've got them ;) they also had even bigger ones for £13.50 but thought that 6.9 kilos was big enough :rotfl::rotfl:

I'm back :). No good, never mind there'll be something else another time :)

But

If anyone is in Mr T please can you check the price of the 4 pack of Magnum Caramel lollies please? Oh I said please twice :rotfl: I thought they were £2 :o
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    :rotfl: I can really relate to that :rotfl:

Hi Ts, I saw o/h on Friday and they just told me to buy a high back chair, nan is being hoisted from bed to chair as she is now unable to stand so don't know if that is why they didn't state any requirements, I think I shall take details in and ask them if it's any good x

I'm pretty certain you can borrow one from NHS, it won't hurry to ask if you can :)
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • FloFlo
    FloFlo Posts: 32,720 Forumite
    Options
    I'm guessing the school shoes took the longest, took us two days and four towns once for our DD:eek::eek::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Last pair were horrendous to buy had absolute toddler tantrums (she's 15 years old though not months!)and as you say several shopping centres, many many shops visited and still not happy with what I eventually made her wear, lol. This time we weren't actually looking for school shoes, apparently the new thing is low black leather converse so I was stung for those off the back of her A* course work ;).
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,963 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    altojack wrote: »

But

If anyone is in Mr T please can you check the price of the 4 pack of Magnum Caramel lollies please? Oh I said please twice :rotfl: I thought they were £2 :o

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco-price-comparison/Ice_Cream/Magnum_Double_Caramel_3x88ml.html?TrackingCode=201.Dx0WMzdNekO8pnkV0ImguQ
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,963 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon :D
    ILTS, thats a nice chair but does look low, hope you and Nan are ok x
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • FloFlo
    FloFlo Posts: 32,720 Forumite
    Options
    Any tips for sturdy but cheapish garden furniture, I did tell OH we should have bought at the end of last summer in the sale. We have a metal and glass table and chairs in the garage but am hoping to sell those and buy wooden that can stay out all year with perhaps just cushions going in and out.
  • cheer1eader
    cheer1eader Posts: 5,754 Forumite
    Options

But

:( sorry you couldn't get any AJ
    :beer: Happy Bargain Hunting!! :beer:
  • ilovetoshop
    ilovetoshop Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    Options
    mrsmac10 wrote: »
    I needed one of them too a few years back Can i suggest that you measure her needs with regards to height and depth as mine was really too high Ie my legs were to sort to reach the floor when i was seated

Lovely chair
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Companies like this give all the height and depth measurements. Knowing how my mum was she liked being reclined a bit even though eventually she could not use the controls herself. It was just nice being laid back in a chair occasionally and not in a bed.

https://www.careco.co.uk/cat-rr01/riser-recliners.htm?gclid=CJrghZzOlcwCFdgaGwodKc8Lug

You really do need all the right measurements otherwise like mrsmac said your nan wont be comfortable she may "slop" in the chair if that's the right word.
    I'm pretty certain you can borrow one from NHS, it won't hurry to ask if you can :)

Thanks for all your replys, why was none of this mentioned to me, I was just told to buy a highback chair :cool:
    I will speak to them and find out exactly what I'm supposed to be getting x
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 17 April 2016 at 1:31PM
    Options
    Haha love it, all that Quorn then Bacon Flavour snacks :rotfl:

I thought that and looked them up and they the bacon flavour snacks are veggie too :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure