Extending our house without extending ourselves beyond our means

Options

Comments

• Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good going on the run! I had my first run on Friday in some time and the runners high is very addictive isn't it :D

Mmmm and jammy bread and butter pudding sounds delicious!
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Fingers crossed for dh job application - and nice idea with the bread crusts (I LOVE bread in any way, shape or form).
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Ditto to what KK and CCL said...all of it, even down to the love of bread ;)

I cycled to the station today...not a run, but got the CVS working after far too long... :D
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks for popping by folks kittenkirst, CCL and Brizzle thanks for reading too fortune must pop by your diary and say hello :hello:

Good but busy day. Really busy day at work and horrible commute home but I always try not to grumble as it was an accident that closed the motorway and someone is probably hurt :(

Soaked bread this morning so bread pudding duly made (and a slice eaten :o) just for quality purposes you see.

Small ate a slice of malt loaf I made at weekend, that's very promising on the keeping snacks cheap front.

Been avoiding a packed of chicken burgers in freezer that came as part of a meat box as I had in my head they wouldn't be nice. Got them out as part of project use up and they were yummy! Had mine in a ys flatbread :D

DH has made a vat of soup for the week :T vat autocorrected to cat :rotfl: will put in fridge once cooled. DH stuck to shopping list, 2 things he couldn't get but didn't attempt replacements.

Washing dried outside including our two throws we use when chilly in the evening. Have git another load on for tonight. Will get hung out in the morning. Will also blitz beetroot in the morning so I can make a cake tomorrow night with it but don't want to use blender whilst DH is sleeping :A might also see if I can make kale pesto in nutribullet ;)

5p off payout in 1poll and another £3 survey done. No news on job, thanks for good wishes. Keep 'em coming :)
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Chocolate and beetroot cake went down a storm :o May make another for the weekend. All up to date with the washing, drying outside - turned in to a lovely day here :T

We've been to price up wardrobes for DD room today, cheaper than I had in budget so just need to work out how to organise it - we may have to pay for delivery as we had a van last time. Delivery not an awful amount but I'll see if I can think of a better way. Can re-allocate remaining budget to next task :T

A few more £ in the coffers through a random fleabay sale (must find and post) that's been listed loads of times but one more thing out the door and some surveys and £co money. All allocated of course.

It's also payday tomorrow, so another chance to round up where we are at. Tomorrow will see:

Us achieve our first EF target :T
    Only 2 more payments to go in our annual high interest savings pot
    DH now opened at T$B account and were both earning interest as max of our savings that can be is split between the two accounts. Also both earning bonus from contactless payments too.
    Our debt is below the next big milestone due to this months payment and overpayment - less than 10 months to go :T
    One bedroom has new door, new carpet, painted room. Curtains bought in sale :T Door and skirting stained.

Things to focus on next month:
    Selling DD old bed
    Sell DD old curtains
    Finally take our old curtains in the lounge and put up new ones (already bought) and sell old ones
    Keep listing on fleabay
    Keep at the surveys
    Try and do some more exercise

The sun is shinning all is good in Purps house :T
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Horray to only 10 months to go!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Inspired by my own last post, I listed a few more things on fleabay and sold one for £30 within an hour. Need to wrap and post. Then I can move the money.

Balanced all my sheets :D happy days.

Today was a tough day, thrown a curve ball by my smallest which was very hard to deal with which wiped me out TBH. Did a small shop armed with list. Made:

(Another) chocolate and beetroot cake
    Spicy chickpeas
    Stuffing (used half a manky frozen apple in it)
    Prepped potatoes and carrots for roast tomorrow

I've taken some ys mini sausages and beetroot hummus out of freezer for part of our packed lunch tomorrow. We're going to a well known theme park (With annual passes). Also sliced roast pork and Yorkshire puds from freezer.

Swapped what I took out with a banana on the turn going in to freezer. Making space though as I ordered a few items from online meat and fish supplier coming Thursday. Was barginous, allowed me to use two voucher codes and cashback tracked this morning :T

Loaded a wash and on ready for tonight and will watch a film with DH tonight.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope you enjoy the theme park, and that the weather holds for you.
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    We had a lovely day last week at the theme park. Will definitely return and use more of our passes. The rest of the week has just flown by! Some money stuff has been happening.

Finally managed to cash out on 1poll for £40 :T
    Quite a few surveys done and a product 'worth' £24.99 arrived to test and keep :D
    Sold an item on fleabay as did DH
    Lots of washing done and dried in the sunshine :T
    First BBQ of the year using stuff from freezer :T

I've also collected a load of nectar points combining some deals at mr s and using my mr s cc to pay (just for points purposes) :T

However the big news this week is we have bought DH a new (to us) car :T thought long and hard about it, but we needed to do it at some point and not wait for his current one to come to its end of life (which it was quite close to) we have had to take a loan out for some of it, which whilst not ideal it's a necessary choice rather than mindless debt like before. We've chosen a loan we can over pay at will with any amount, so project loan pay down starts today :T

I've reduced my childcare vouchers by £200 next month as I have enough until DD goes to school. Should DH get a job in between where some wrap around is needed, I'll just increase them again but then we'll get his increased salary to counter it. My change in tax code means an extra £89 a month from next pay too :T

DH discussed budgets and we've both identified where we can cut back some more whilst still having the money to do the house.

Hoping we might be able to go and get wardrobes for girls room on Thursday and then we could put them up at the weekend :T that would man effectively half the house would be done (more or less) :T

I do need to get some stuff down from loft for a sale in a couple of weeks that I need to price up. Only a couple of nights work when I get going and worth it for the return (both in cash and extra space)

Out for the day today using NT membership :T although been awake since 3.15 so am hoping for nap before the rest of the house wakes up. Plus I'd like a run too ideally before we go out. We'll see :p

Enjoy the lovely weather everyone.
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    All sounding great PF...well done. What beautiful weather for a trip out

Xx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback