RESOLVED Seller wont provide return label. INAD. Posting from abroad?

Options
Audacia
Audacia Posts: 6 Forumite
Not a lot of cash at the moment so trying to save money where I can. Bought a cheap birthday present online on ebay. (5.75 inc p&p).
It arrived and it not as descibed. (The advert shows the item with 3 faces in the picture and they all have their heads, and the original photo I sent all three subjects had their heads but they chopped off one of the heads on my photo, so it's not like it can be used as a gift, it looks ridiculous!).
Was polite when contacting seller but they refused to help. Said it was my fault for the photo I sent, but nowhere on thier ad does it say all faces need to be within a certain distance from the photo edge or any other instructuions.
Opened INAD dispute (Item not as described), seller accepts my return but WONT send a label.
Ebay states "The seller is responsible for return postage charges. Contact the seller for a return postage label. If they can't provide one, you can purchase a label and we'll ask the seller to reimburse you"
Non ebay shipping: It will cost me 8 pounds to send this tracked according to the post office. (I'm in Scandinavia and the seller is in the UK). I'm worried that I will send it tracked and not get my money back or lose out twice.
Ebay shippng: DO I need to print out an ebay shipping label, if so how? the only way I can see how to do it is as the seller and I'm not the seller but the buyer.

Please don't get me wrong I've no problems returning the item, it isnt usable, just looking to minimise my loses whilst cash is so short at the moment.

I only have 5 business days to sort this before I lose my refund, please help!

Thankyou in advance for any help.

SOLUTION: Thanks all for your help!
The help from ebay was fantastic! The customer service guy told me not to post the item. If the seller hadn't paid the return costs in five working days they would step in. They said, as you guys did NOT to pay myself! The trouble is this is not clear on the returns process. It TELLS YOU if the seller does not pay, you must, and they will ask the seller to reimburse you. Had the postage been less I would have returned without question and been out of pocket!
Ebay also agreed to contact the seller and remind them they had to pay the return costs
The seller sent me a few abusive messages claiming the item was as described, despite them having lopped off the poor dog's head on the photo. They then accused me of something called "friendly fraud" where I was trying to get the item for free. After that I stopped responding to their messages.
Out of the blue they refunded me then blocked me. The refund stated I did not need to return the item.
My only dilemma now is whether to post negative feedback as the whole transaction was stressful. On the other hand I did get my money back, it would only be to warn others if they complain about their photos being mangled the seller will get rude. To be honest I'd rather just move on. I don't want any more abuse from them.

Thanks again for your great help, you saved me making a costly mistake

Comments

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,555 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have you opened an item not as described case?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Audacia
    Options
    Yes I opened an as not described case.
    The seller accepted my return, but then refused to print off a return label.
    Ebay tells me that my next step is:
    "Send the item backThe seller is responsible for return postage charges. Contact the seller for a return postage label. If they can't provide one, you can purchase a label and we'll ask the seller to reimburse you."
    How do I get a label?
    Will I defefinetly get my money back for what I pay for the label or should I just cut my loses and leave (my first) negative feedback?
  • ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's you that prints off the return label, not the seller. Whether you have the ability to print it depends on what type of case you opened?
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • Audacia
    Options
    Thanks, I opened an item not as described case. This is what ebay said:
    The seller is responsible for return postage charges. Contact the seller for a return postage label. If they can't provide one, you can purchase a label and we'll ask the seller to reimburse you.

What worries me is the wording - we'll ASK the seller to reimburse you, does that mean the seller can say no??

EBay also said:
    (SELLER) let us know that they can't buy a return postage label for you to use for (ITEM)
    The seller is still responsible for return postage costs, so contact them to arrange return postage.

The seller meanwhile REFUSES to pay my postage, so there is no label for me to print.
    Can anyone help?
  • ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    In that case I don't know if it is different for airmail / mail from outside the UK. Inside the UK the return label is part of the return process / return request.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • Audacia
    Options
    I think the problem is that the seller is refusing to authorise a return label, so there is not one to print off.
    Has anyone any experience with this?
  • steveE2
    steveE2 Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    International returns are not included in ebay return process
    Do I have to offer pre-paid return postage labels?
    No, but you may consider offering postage services with pre-paid return labels in your listing.

http://sellercentre.ebay.co.uk/managing-international-returns#faqs
  • Audacia
    Options
    Thankyou for explaining why he has not allowed me to print a return!
    As I understand it I am still covered under e-bay buyer protection as the item is not as advertised. I bought on the uk site so I think the UK protection applies. Ebay has agreed that at least by saying that the seller must pay the postage.
    Does anyone have any experience of how I might make a return when I'm not currently in the UK? And whether they got their money back?
    Thanks
  • Sugar123
    Options
    I got scammed by a seller for the return costs and eBay refuses to step-in. Get the shipping costs from the post office and tell the seller to send you that amount before you ship it back.

eBay told me that if the buyer don't ship after 5 days and the seller can't provide a shipping label they will simply reimburse the buyer.

Hope my experience helps others!

Sugar
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 1 April 2016 at 8:51AM
    Options
    Can't see how that would work..is this an April fool?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure