IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

G24 PCN - urgent (sorry)

Options
124»

Comments

• JPbilbo
    JPbilbo Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Guys
    I'm new to these forums online so please be patient with me. I have recently had a Notice to Keeper letter, I'll be honest I was parked outside of the parking bays in a private carpark. I've had 2 PCN at £45 and ignored them, now I have had 2 Notice To Keeper at £150. I have read the newbies thread and many other threads on other sites but I am a little confused. I couldn't see were to start a new thread on this website so I just added my query to this thread. Could you tell me if the template I'm going to post below is the right one to send to the Parking collection services that have requested money from me?
    Again, sorry if this is the wrong area to post this and if it's been covered elsewhere

Dear {name of IPC member, only IPC members for this version!!!}

Re PCN number:

I am not ignoring your charge for a purported parking infraction. As this is purely a charge, issued under an alleged contract and the driver has not been identified, I require the following information so that I can make an informed decision:

1. Who is the party that contracted with your company? I require their contact details.
    2. What is the full legal identity of the landowner?
    3. As you are not the landowner please provide a contemporaneous and unredacted copy of your contract with the landholder that demonstrate that you have their authority.
    4. Is your charge based on damages for breach of contract? Answer yes or no.
    5. If the charge is based on damages for breach of contract please provide your justification of this sum.
    6. Is your charge based on a contractually agreed sum for the provision of parking? Answer yes or no.
    7. If the charge is based on a contractually agreed sum for the provision of parking please provide a valid VAT invoice for this 'service'.
    8. Please provide a copy of the signs that you can evidence were on site and which you contend formed a contract with the driver on that occasion, as well as all photographs taken of this vehicle.

If you believe you have a cause of action, send a Letter before Claim within the next 21 days and I will take advice and will respond.

However, in my opinion, there is a better alternative than legal proceedings, namely that we utilise the services of a completely independent ADR service suited to parking charges. This does not include the IAS appeal service - which lacks any transparency and possibly any independence from the IPC - unlike the alternative offered by the British Parking Association, POPLA, which is transparent and has been shown to be independent.

Do not send debt collector letters and do not add any costs or surcharges. I will not respond to such contact and to involve another firm would be a failure to mitigate your costs which are not my liability because the POFA 2012 can only potentially hold a registered keeper liable if certain provisions have been met and even then, the 'amount of the parking charge' is the only amount pursuable.

Yours faithfully,
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    the new thread button is red and says NEW THREAD , top left of the parking forum you posted in

as for PCS, they are a debt collector so you cannot appeal to them , only to G24 if they were the PPC, (but any and all appeals will fail anyway) plus you ignored them instead of using that template at the correct time

read post #4 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread as regards debt collectors (top of this forum, about 3 threads down)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,697 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I couldn't see were to start a new thread on this website so I just added my query to this thread.
    You won't get individual help on someone else's thread, sorry. The NEW THREAD button is back on page one of the thread list, not on a thread you are reading. Try clicking 'forum help' (above) or watching the video about 'new to the forum?' that I think new members get sent when they register.
    Could you tell me if the template I'm going to post below is the right one to send to the Parking collection services that have requested money from me?
    Depends who the parking firm is, yes if it's an IPC member. No if it's a BPA member.

NO REPLY HERE PLEASE.

Click back to page one and if you are not sure how, use the forum jump.

And if you can't find that, Google 'Moneysavingexpert forums' and start again on page one of the parking forum where you will then see 'NEW THREAD' as a coloured button to click.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure