IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

G24 PCN - urgent (sorry)

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,526 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Joe12345 wrote: »
    Just thought I'd let you all know that the 3 PCN's have all been waived! Thanks again all for the help, keep up the great work!

Wow !!!

Normally they don't give up on one ticket in the hope of grabbing £100, but to give up on £300? What do you think sent them scurrying away? You need to tell us more to help us advise other G24 victims - we get so many.

Well done on kicking them into the long grass. Come back and tell us the 'how'.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Joe12345
    Joe12345 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Without going into the finer details, a colleague of mine got a PCN from the same company (same context as mine) and after going through the standard G24 appeal (rejection, obviously) sent a collection of emails to all of the retailers on the retail park (template email, slightly tailored for the different retailers), a total of 5 retailers I believe. The email in question I didn't really have a proper read of, but if I remember correctly it was something along the lines of:

"As a customer of <retailer>, I would appreciate it if you would be so kind as to cancel these parking charges I received on the basis of good customer service (They didn't really detail that the PCN's had nothing to do with the retailer)". Basically appealing to their customer care side.

Whilst 2 declined and said it was not their issue the third basically said they'd get straight on it. PCN was cancelled within a few days. I then asked my colleague if he could maybe ask if the same would be possible for my PCN's. He did, the retailer asked for the PCN documents, laughed at how old they were, but said he'd look into it. Took about a week or so for me to hear back, and my colleague had to politely chase, but I later received 3 letters saying the charges were waived.

Very lucky if you ask me but yes, mass emails to retailers was the key! Any more questions, feel free to ask, I'll do my best to answer.
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Appreciate the response Joe. Thanks.

We always recommend the 'complain' route especially where a retailer/retail park/customer-facing operation is involved - and success doesn't get much better than your example, one that other newbies can take inspiration from.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,826 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I will add a link to your success here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4766249

This is what that thread is all about. Anyone can do this, anytime as long as court papers have not been served (and G24 don't know how).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Joe12345
    Joe12345 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, as someone has gone through the whole rigmarole (getting letters from Zenith was my last point before they were waived), I cannot recommend this forum enough, or indeed appealing (I wouldn't say it was entirely a complaint to the retailer, more of an appeal for general customer care!) to the retailer.

The funnier thing is that I haven't shopped at the retailer who helped me for a fair few years, they required no receipt or anything, they were just happy to get the charges cancelled as they are just an unfair inconvenience to the public, regardless of the reason why I received.

Obviously as a token of gratitude I shall be stopping by at their store to purchase a few items and to leave some highly positive customer feedback!
  • Umkomaas
    edited 29 June 2016 at 10:45PM
    Options
    they required no receipt or anything, they were just happy to get the charges cancelled as they are just an unfair inconvenience to the public, regardless of the reason why I received.

I suspect they are even more p*ssed off than you, as it's likely the PPC is costing them exponentially more in profits than the £100 they were trying to grab from you.

Good on you to patronise them further. I'd be inclined to make yourself known to the manager and thank him/her for their support, which might well galvanise them to help any future victim similarly hounded. Even campaign to remove them.

• surveyor_101
    surveyor_101 Posts: 189 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Are g24 held to BPA CoP?
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,359 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Are g24 held to BPA CoP?

Why would they be? They are not BPA members. They belong to the IPC.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • surveyor_101
    surveyor_101 Posts: 189 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I mentioned it as the OP letter had the signs aren't BPA compliant.

2. The signage does not conform to the BPA CoP to which G24 has committed.

So that bit needs to be removed
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    It would be the IPC CoP that would matter.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure