It's not a lot, but it's enough

Options

Comments

• louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,521 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congrats on your job! I've just caught up with your diary.

I check my bank account every day now too.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    louby40 wrote: »
    Congrats on your job! I've just caught up with your diary.

I check my bank account every day now too.

Thank you :)

It's a good habit to have and keeps you on track.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Today is my GF's mums birthday and there was talks of going out for dinner or doing something but nothings been set in stone as far as I'm aware. Whatever we do, I'll keep spending to a minimum.

Tomorrow I'm attending my GF's works family fun day which involves me playing 5-a-side football which will be good, hope my dodgy knee survives. At night it's my friends football teams race night so I'll have a few drinks.

No plans for Sunday which is dangerous. Hope to get a NSD with this determination I have for August.

Work has became...unpleasant....since I handed my notice in. Although I've 4 weeks notice to work, I've started my handover with my colleague already so my workload is decreasing and I found myself twiddling my thumbs at times. That, coupled with office politics has made work tedious. Hopefully it's just because it's a stressful week and the weekend will refresh everyone and the next 3 weeks will be better.
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Aghh, I'm sorry that it's become difficult. Another MSE thread friend recently survived a 3 month notice period by colouring in one day off a calendar for each day she finished, and keeping her sights firmly on the fact that each day she got through was another day nearer the nice new job and that she'd not have to go through again.
    Keep your chin up - only 15 days left.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00
    LD 11.24 £500.00/£460.00 (92%)    Fn £400                                                     
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£404.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£085.00 (18%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£086.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0750.00

• SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Morning,

A busy weekend and unfortunately a costly one.

Friday my GF and I went out for dinner and she’d had a pretty !!!!!! day. The meal was outstanding, 3 courses each with coffee for £55 which as blown my monthly budget for treats.

Saturday was my GF’s works 100th anniversary family fun day which involved a 5-a-side tournament. (Unfortunately) we got to the final, which meant lots more game time and sore legs. I won £100 Slaters voucher at the raffle which will come in handy for the new job too, so happy days. The evening was spent at my friends football teams Racenight. It turned out to be an expensive evening though as we needed a taxi home so it took a huge chunk out of my “nights out” budget for the month.

We heard on the Sunday that a man was stabbed and killed at the venue we were at about 30 minutes after we left. Scary stuff and sad to hear. I think there was a 21st birthday party in the suite next door and that’s where it happened.

Yesterday was spent in the usual fashion; with family and a good meal. A NSD too.

Back to work today and slowly but surely my workload is going down as things are being handed over to my colleagues. I’ve been told that they’ll monitor my internet usage to check I’m not sharing files etc so I hope they don’t mind the odd check-in here that keeps me sane.

Need to look at buying a couple of books this week so I’ll do some shopping about to find them at their cheapest. Another things to add to the list.
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you looked at Abe Books for your purchases, I've managed to buy a lot of DS1s text books, set literacy books etc from there and most of them have been immaculate.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00
    LD 11.24 £500.00/£460.00 (92%)    Fn £400                                                     
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£404.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£085.00 (18%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£086.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0750.00

• SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Have you looked at Abe Books for your purchases, I've managed to buy a lot of DS1s text books, set literacy books etc from there and most of them have been immaculate.

I'll be honest. Never heard of it but I'll be sure to check it out. Thanks, as always, for your help.
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,521 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Speky

I too am very conscious now of overspending or using up part of money set aside for something particular. But I suppose life goes on and we've got to live it.

I've got 7 days left of my YNAB free trial and I've signed up to a few webinars (did one yesterday) in the hope I get given a free copy! If not I shall just subscribe. It's a revelation to me! I can't believe how differently it's made me think. So thank you for encouraging me to have a go

Louby
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    louby40 wrote: »
    Speky

I too am very conscious now of overspending or using up part of money set aside for something particular. But I suppose life goes on and we've got to live it.

I've got 7 days left of my YNAB free trial and I've signed up to a few webinars (did one yesterday) in the hope I get given a free copy! If not I shall just subscribe. It's a revelation to me! I can't believe how differently it's made me think. So thank you for encouraging me to have a go

Louby

As they say, "roll with the punches".

The subscription is £3.99 + a 4p international charge. It's very little considering the amount of money it's saved me and I don't mind paying it one bit.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Morning,

I usually post here in the morning before work starts. I like to get in before everyone else and get organised for the day and part of that is visiting here. Despite moving jobs in a couple of weeks, the last couple of days have been busy hence my lack of posting. Anyway, back to normal now.

Have managed to not spend any weekday this week so far too which is good. Saving it for Friday or hopefully Saturday in which I’ll buy some books, a Christmas present and some other bits and bobs. Very impressed with myself. On track to make another chunky CC payment. I’ll get a better idea on the amount closer to the time but it looks like I could have £180 left over at the end of this month!

In short, I’ve not got much else to report and things have been quiet at my end. Which in a way is good as that usually equates to low spend!

I’ll plod my way through the remainder of the week, collecting my NSD’s en route.

Hopefully I’ll check back in tomorrow.

See you then.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport