Forum Home» Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning

Ryanair Tips - guide discussion - Page 3

New Post Advanced Search

Ryanair Tips - guide discussion

70 replies 29.2K views

Replies

• VamVam Forumite
    1 posts
    Flying with Ryanair for the first time at the end of the month. Just a thought (although haven't tried it with other airlines either) but if you're carrying one bag and a handbag and filling your coat pockets, what's the difference with carrying those two bags and, if you haven't got pockets, wearing a bum-bag. Is a bum-bag classed as a bag or a pocket?
  • rdonerdone Forumite
    472 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    We've flown with many budget airlines all over Europe and whilst Easyjet used to be our favourite ryanair has taken over big time. I love that I don't have to squash my handbag into my suitcase (once a hostess made me and my friend put our very small bags into our suitcases before she would allow us to board, I had to stand on her suitcase to zip it up and we had a round of applause from the flight after and everyone telling us well done for showing her up. She was SO RUDE).

I've always found the staff to be very polite and as someone says above the food and drink is no more expensive than any other airline.

Wizz and Ryanair are my first choice airlines now, easyjet staff are just too rude. HAd a bad experience flying back from Vienna the other day when they scratched my sunglasses and told me it was my own fault even though they had taken them out of the case. I'm flying ej again this weekend so we shall see...

At the end of the day the flights are super duper cheap so we get what we pay for. If we want luxury then go to BA etc but expect to pay a lot more!
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6135131/this-time-im-sticking-to-it#latest
    My debt free diary
    Debt: £14896.33 @ 21/04/2020.
    Today: £12,593.43
  • leylandsunaddictleylandsunaddict Forumite
    1.9K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    rdone wrote: »

Wizz and Ryanair are my first choice airlines now, easyjet staff are just too rude. HAd a bad experience flying back from Vienna the other day when they scratched my sunglasses and told me it was my own fault even though they had taken them out of the case. I'm flying ej again this weekend so we shall see... !

Why would anyone from Easyjet take your sunglasses out of the case? They wouldn't go near your sunglasses?
  • WestinWestin Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had to stand on her suitcase to zip it up and we had a round of applause from the flight after and everyone telling us well done for showing her up.

Hate to be the bearer of the news, but the applause from the other passengers was probably to highlight YOUR deficiencies and to show YOU up. A bit like when those waiting on the aircraft might applaud the late and last passenger to board that is holding up the departure.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rdone View Post

Wizz and Ryanair are my first choice airlines now, easyjet staff are just too rude. HAd a bad experience flying back from Vienna the other day when they scratched my sunglasses and told me it was my own fault even though they had taken them out of the case. I'm flying ej again this weekend so we shall see... !
    Why would anyone from Easyjet take your sunglasses out of the case? They wouldn't go near your sunglasses?
    - my thoughts as well although I suspect because of overpacking or not following the instructions for baggage allowance.

Follow the baggage allowance rules and you won't have a problem in the future.
  • rdonerdone Forumite
    472 posts
    ✭✭

That was exactly my question.
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6135131/this-time-im-sticking-to-it#latest
    My debt free diary
  • rdonerdone Forumite
    472 posts
    ✭✭
    Westin wrote: »
    Hate to be the bearer of the news, but the applause from the other passengers was probably to highlight YOUR deficiencies and to show YOU up. A bit like when those waiting on the aircraft might applaud the late and last passenger to board that is holding up the departure.

If you read what I wrote instead of just quoting a small bit you'll see the next sentence and then realise that your comment is invalid and rude.
    My debt free diary
  • WestinWestin Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did read it. I still think the other passengers were giving you the slow clap for being silly :T.

What about your sunglasses?
  • rdonerdone Forumite
    472 posts
    ✭✭
    Westin wrote: »
    I did read it. I still think the other passengers were giving you the slow clap for being silly :T.

What about your sunglasses?

Obviously not well enough because I said about the comments that people were giving us.
    My debt free diary
  • Can you please provide any tips on how to cancel a flight booking? Ryanair apparently has a no cancellation policy, which seems daft. I have a booking for two seats on a flight to Barcelona next February, which I wish to cancel. Since I am unable to cancel them it means that there are two empty seats on the aircraft. I can only apply for a refund after the flight has left.
    I cannot establish who is providing the insurance cover to try to apply for a refund from them. Help!!!!!