Nationwide Flexdirect

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Yorkshire_Pud
    Options
    Jhoney wrote: »
    I dont need the travel cover as I have that in place. I was thinking I would change from FD to FA and leave everything in place e.g the1K pay-in just for ease so I have complied with the minimum pay in for the Reg Saver.

I will be removing the funds except for £25 and get the interest elsewhere.

Does that make sense/cover everything?

All makes sense to me and then put a note in your diary for 12m time and hope the FD is still going with decent interest!:)
  • Jhoney_2
    Jhoney_2 Posts: 1,198 Forumite
    Options
    All makes sense to me and then put a note in your diary for 12m time and hope the FD is still going with decent interest!:)

Thank you so much for taking the time to assist so much.
    Thanks to all of you for your help too.

JH
  • Jhoney_2
    Jhoney_2 Posts: 1,198 Forumite
    Options
    I can't find it either now!

Perhaps its changed, I've had my account for 18 years but it was the case that to get the European travel insurance you had to deposit £750 a month and that's still the case BUT they don't offer it to new applicants since some time last year.

If you have and need the travel ins with the FD maybe check it will stay in place upon change to FAcc and also ask if £750 is required to maintain cover AND to be eligible for Flexclusive accounts?

I've just checked the Flexclusive Reg Saver conditions and it says you would need to have paid in £750+ for at least three months before applying. Doesn't say if this £750 payment has to be maintained each month going forward. Ask Nationwide and note time of call and CS name. Still need £750 per month for travel ins if already have. Key thing is to say it is your MAIN account if they ask! There is no such thing, all my current accounts are 'main' accounts. Changeling from FD to FA should just continue your eligibility for Reg Saver you already have and for the NEXT one so just pay in £750 each month and don't give them a chance to spoil anything!?

Hi Y-pud,

The 750 pay-in is definitely required to maintain the flexclusive offers/Reg saver with the FlexAcc as they mentioned it during a conversation I had with them. I asked if the 3 monthly payments FD made me eligible and they said yes - the Reg saver will roll over into a new one straight away if the Ts and Cs are met.

That was advised by the savings team and then I went back to the c.accounts team again. I noted the time/ref.

I didn't ask about the payments going forward but I recollect that they said the benefits would cease so I would caution against stopping the payments. The deposit doesnt have to remain there so it doesn't make sense to stop and take a gamble (I am risk adverse though).

HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport