🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Help needed arguing Esure's valuation

Options

Comments

• motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    verityboo wrote: »
    Perhaps if you confirmed the mske model snd year of the car posters here would have a better understanding of trying to source a replacement?

He wont - for fear of being inundated with loads of ads for the same car for £3K or less.
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Options
    T

Perhaps if you confirmed the mske model snd year of the car posters here would have a better understanding of trying to source a replacement?

Coincidence
    rudekid48 wrote: »
    Can only assume that this is the case in hand as there are no other Ombudsman decisions that resemble this case since October 2015.

http://www.ombudsman-decisions.org.uk/viewPDF.aspx?FileID=104553

Quite comprehensive and explains how they decide what is reasonable and also why adverts are unreliable. Also makes mention to the valuation being at the time of loss....

EDIT: Can't be this one as the values differ to much from the OP, still a good indication of how the Ombudsman works though :)
  • maddogb
    maddogb Posts: 473 Forumite
    Options
    motorguy wrote: »
    He wont - for fear of being BORED with loads of ads for the same car for £3K or less.

see I've fixed that for ya ;)
    really surprised you dare show your face in this thread after your last howler :D
  • maddogb
    Options
    The guides were used as a starting point with your claim, the initial offer being £2850. All credit to you for getting it increased to £3000. Not really fixed or 'bible' then ? :)

actually no, they were used as a bible a bible to start the price at the lowest possible, increase by 10% to avoid the ombudsman statement implying lowest values aren't acceptable then, and also leave a 5% margin to increase by so they can't be accused of not negotiating, oh and don't forget to round each offer up to the nearest tenner so the savants won't notice ...lol

lowest book value of the three £2590 increase by 10% and round up to nearest tenner you get.......wait for it, esures 1st offer can you guess it?
    ok increase by 5% and round up to nearest tenner then you have their second and final offer.

but yet again we are all getting distracted, I and most don't buy insurance to get a payout, we do so to be able to replace our cars.
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Options
    Why don't you post up the vehicle details so that Motorguy or other traders who post can look up the value from his guides of the vehicle as of Boxing Day?

He may be able to give an informed opinion as to whether this reflected the market at the time
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,479 Forumite
    Options
    dacouch wrote: »
    Why don't you post up the vehicle details so that Motorguy or other traders who post can look up the value from his guides of the vehicle as of Boxing Day?

He may be able to give an informed opinion as to whether this reflected the market at the time

He wont.

His beef is that he wants the perfect car at the perfect price to drop into his lap. Granted, in a perfect world thats what would happen, but it isnt.

So he might have to travel a bit.
  • maddogb
    Options
    dacouch wrote: »

are you joking? the man who can't achieve book values...he would want to replace my car with a horse and cart and call it equitable lol
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As I said before I had no previous experience of all this, how was I to know all that?

Fair enough, you've learnt now.
    Actually, going by your subsequent posts, maybe you haven't.
    Start here - insurers are shysters taking bets that you won't die, crash your car or break your house, pet etc.
  • maddogb
    edited 17 March 2016 at 1:02AM
    Options
    almillar wrote: »
    Fair enough, you've learnt now.
    Actually, going by your subsequent posts, maybe you haven't.
    Start here - insurers are shysters taking bets that you won't die, crash your car or break your house, pet etc.

not quite sure what it is you say I haven't learnt, but I did learn one other thing today,
    DO NOT let them take your car until you have agreed a settlement.
    They have only gone and ignored my request to return it for an engineers inspection and have sold it without having possession of the keepers documents leaving me wide open legally.
  • maddogb
    edited 17 March 2016 at 12:20PM
    Options
    OK maybe i'm being paranoid (maybe I have reason to be) but they have offered £250 compensation for, as I understood it,
    "failing to tell me what would happen after the vehicle was collected" ie the car would be sold ASAP

now despite going to great pains to explain as simply as I could that any offer had to make this clear and it was in no way related to the dispute over valuation, I get this in the offer email.

"As discussed in our recent telephone conversation I will be raising a cheque to you for £250 in terms of compensation to resolve the matter in regards to your vehicle."

Something else going on??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family