edited 26 February 2016 at 12:41AM in Debt-free Wannabe Challenges
378 replies 24.2K views

Replies

• BobarellaBobarella Forumite
    10.8K Posts
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Managed a NSD.
    Used up the weekends roast dinner veg with fresh chops and mash tonight. Lovely to not have any food waste and saved me a job doing fresh veg.
    Just about on top of the housework so that's good.
    Helped son sort out his world book day costume for tommorow out of his dressing up box.
    Just chilling with Better Call Saul. Too good...

Night
    Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • edited 2 March 2016 at 4:49PM
    mothernerdmothernerd Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 2 March 2016 at 4:49PM
    Quote of the day

When I loved myself enough
    I quit rehashing the past and worrying about the future
    which keeps me in the present where aliveness lives

Crazy cat lady good luck with the front door. Filler can always be sanded down again until it's just right.

XSpender happy viewings and hope you get an offer soon.

Nannyg allotment exercise sounds awesome.

FunBrum Sorry, you are now numbered. Congratulations on free food and hope the car booting goes well.

Bobarella Hooray for no food waste and saving your own energy too.

A SFD for me yesterday. Need to press on with tidying, though not sure where to put things. Took all the clean washing upstairs (+ new curtains) on Monday and now it's up to my ears. Rain coming in waves across the car park this morning and snow falling diagonally across the window 9nt sticking yet).

Today I am grateful for my panda hat, for gloves, for a non-leaking roof (think gutters need cleaning and chimney flashings renewing - not doing it myself) and good reading material.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • thriftylassthriftylass Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good morning,

love the quote mothernerd. I should definitely heed this advice.

Spend day again today, got the dentist and needed to order some things for the car I just realised you need in some European countries like a warning triangle etc.

NannyG, like the allotment exercise. Can't wait for it to get a wee bit warmer and lighter at night to do a bit after the kids are in bed. Might start off some more hardy seeds this weekend and hopefully they'll slowly germinate while we're away (realise house will will be colder, mmhhh???) as I don't want to wait till the 20th.
    NST September
    NSD 6/20 NDD 7/22 spends £180/500
    Exercise 5/22
    CC Debt £1013 £700
    DFD 12/21 Mortgage 109343 (04/17) 92300 (11/19) 80779 (08/21)
  • apple_muncherapple_muncher Forumite
    12.3K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nannygladys - I like your idea of allocating money to your crafting. I may well do the same!

Well, dh has done the online paperwork for signing on, so at least that is in hand. And at some point we will get some pennies out of them... This is when I am glad that I took on the extra 2 days of work. (although I wasn't glad for the first 4 months of it as it was so hard to juggle all the work stuff + dd stuff + house stuff).

mothernerd - pop me on the naughty step, as I shall be increasing the food budget. With dh being at home all day, he is now eating breakfast (shock, horror!) and lunch there. I shall take a wet wipe and duster and give it a good clean whilst I am there...

Am ahead on the eating well part though. I've been sugar-free and grain-free for 10 days or so now. I do allow myself 85% chocolate from aldee (guaranteed g-f too), and I now find the 70% stuff far too sweet!

I'll be taking a bag of stuff to the Sally Army charity shop after work today.

I'll endeavour to toughen up too - especially at the end of the month, when we'll be on the Easter break. I already have dd's egg (always buy a thorntn's one as they are usually gf) and a bag of aldee marshmallows for her. Dsd is coming over from Oz to visit, but I think she is coming in April, so must remember to budget extra food for that - only a short stay but she'll probably want a specific takeaway (which I can't have as it contains pesky gluten, so 1 less portion required!)

Okay, I am blethering on, so will stop and go and do some work. a child threw up in my classroom yesterday and I still cannot bring myself to make anyone sit where it happened! (although a pesky child sat himself there, unknowingly, so I let him!!!! Tee hee!)
    NST July; NSD 14; Ex 17

Mortgage £300 ish (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295; 01/18 23,143; 01/19: 18.275) MFWDate: very soonish
  • mothernerdmothernerd Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apple duly noted, you are on the naughty step but understandable as it is due to changed circumstances (similar to allowing extra for people at home during the school holidays). If you do anything else, take a paint brush and touch up the gloss as it is getting battered. Well done on the clean eating.

Thrifty I also need to get some seeds started (and do the backyard tidy up).

Weather improved here so washing is out (raining again now). Roasted a butternut squash which warned up the kitchen (and my bedroom above it) so turned off the CH again. Dug out all the fridge bottom veg, spring onions have gone into the rice salad (+ a bit of pepper), baby leeks and mushrooms are going into a pie (or pies) with diced chicken (were going to have savoury crumble topping but maybe butternut squash), small onion, peppers and rest of the mushrooms went into sauce for pasta salad. Remaining 3 onions will be making either butter bean casserole or bacon soup. Carrots and celery for snacks with any wilting bits into the remaining dish.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • dolly84dolly84 Forumite
    5.6K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all.

Made my debt payment today of £399.88, have gone under £4k now which makes me very happy,
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • FunBrumFunBrum Forumite
    716 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Thank you mothernerd :beer:
    Well today's walk went out of the window!
    It has, snowed, rained, Sun and even hail today, so I wasn't going to put my little Angel through that! I will have to catch up with my walking and get on track over the next few days. ;)
    When my DD came to pick up GD, she bought me lunch...chicken Caesar wrap! :)
    I had made my friend and I a chilli which we shared this evening with rice. Very nice!:D

This afternoon I was sorting out my friends stuff again! There is more here than I first thought and I was feeling a wee bit overwhelmed, so I took a few breaks and did something different, ie cleaning. It did the trick and I could go back to the sortng with a clearer head! Still a long way to go though.:o

I'm listing some more books later so hopefully a bit of cash coming in for that. :)

I'm going out with my sister tomorrow to do a house check on a rental property. I'm only going to keep her company, so if I'm doing any more clearing,I will have to get up early to achieve anything. I'm usually up between 5-6am so maybe not too early!:rotfl:
    Living a frugal retirement without treading on the planet :T
    Womble #17- £2,018.41 €2
    TURTLES NSD's 01/31
    FLC £3000/£2,328.12
    CCCC2016 #10 £19 monthly spends on clothes
    Wombled nectar points=728 Wombled Boots points=316
  • apple_muncherapple_muncher Forumite
    12.3K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done dolly!

Today I am grateful for fisherman's friends, for good coffee, for lunchtime sunshine, for dice, for scrambled eggs.
    NST July; NSD 14; Ex 17

Mortgage £300 ish (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295; 01/18 23,143; 01/19: 18.275) MFWDate: very soonish
  • FunBrumFunBrum Forumite
    716 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    dolly84 wrote: »
    Hi all.

Made my debt payment today of £399.88, have gone under £4k now which makes me very happy,

Well done!!:T:T:T
    Living a frugal retirement without treading on the planet :T
    Womble #17- £2,018.41 €2
    TURTLES NSD's 01/31
    FLC £3000/£2,328.12
    CCCC2016 #10 £19 monthly spends on clothes
    Wombled nectar points=728 Wombled Boots points=316
  • FmessFmess Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evening all,

Sorry for my absence, I am getting worse at posting at the moment :(

Two SFDs in a row for me. Fancied something sweet this evening so I have made a batch of shortbread (thanks apple - I'm sure it was you who gave me the recipe). Work is quite crazy again and I am getting tired but have done my tutoring planning for the end of the week and done a couple of hours this evening, after doing 9 hours at school, so I off to bed now to watch tv and I'll probably be asleep soon.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND GUIDES

Balance transfer credit cards

Shift existing card debt to 0% interest for up to 31 months

MSE Guides