Sell to live for 1 year

Replies

• doingitanywaydoingitanyway Forumite
    8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    I really like your thinking :)
    I'll be interested in seeing how you get along with gumt*** I have listed some stuff and not had a result :( I hear Facebook groups are good. I'm subscribing and will be cheering you on :)
    DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • FunBrumFunBrum Forumite
    716 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Try and get to read, 'The Moneyless Man' by Mark Boyle. It's a great book of his life, and he changed my life, helped me to minimise my life in all aspects.

Good luck and I will be watching with interest! :T
    Living a frugal retirement without treading on the planet :T
    Womble #17- £2,018.41 €2
    TURTLES NSD's 01/31
    FLC £3000/£2,328.12
    CCCC2016 #10 £19 monthly spends on clothes
    Wombled nectar points=728 Wombled Boots points=316
  • threepenny_bitthreepenny_bit Forumite
    399 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I am trying to supplement income and use money I have made by selling to pay off 1 credit card and use for groceries.
    I am using my local Facebook pages to sell as there are no fees/postage etc. Not sure what will happen when the larger items are all sold and I only have small money items.
    Good luck everyone!!
    $10 a day November $342.39/$300. Emergency fund - 955/5000. Pay extra to c card - $400 Christmas savers $1 a day 2023 $365 #8
  • elly68elly68 Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    If you are planning on doing this for a whole year it might take a bit of planning first? I recently got watching some interesting TEDx talks by people who decided to live without money (one for a year, and one managed it for 3 years!), but both people planned quite meticulously first, thinking about the possibilities and the challenges, etc.

Good Luck.
    Thanks Rav ,I overspend way to much and always waste way to much food asd* is where i park my car each day but i try not to enter their front door .My desire for an empty house is what is really driving this on ,the saved money will be a bonus.
    Barclay card gone bos cc 20% /10,000: virgin cc 32 months 0% £6645 Santan loan gone santander cc gone mbna cc gone creation car loan 7000- =total £23 ,960.
    EF we deffo have one thats a thing now
    Lifes a beach.go walk on one Arbroath, Blackness, Crammond , Dunbar, Eyemouth ballyliffen,st andrews,corby,
    Going to restart this as part of my fitness in 22 every Sunday
  • elly68elly68 Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    Forumite
    I really like your thinking :)
    I'll be interested in seeing how you get along with gumt*** I have listed some stuff and not had a result :( I hear Facebook groups are good. I'm subscribing and will be cheering you on :)
    DIA x
    Good luck DIA I will run a toatal each week on a Sunday night and see how it goes thanks for tagging along
    Barclay card gone bos cc 20% /10,000: virgin cc 32 months 0% £6645 Santan loan gone santander cc gone mbna cc gone creation car loan 7000- =total £23 ,960.
    Lifes a beach.go walk on one Arbroath, Blackness, Crammond , Dunbar, Eyemouth ballyliffen,st andrews,corby,
  • elly68elly68 Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    Forumite
    FunBrum wrote: »
    Try and get to read, 'The Moneyless Man' by Mark Boyle. It's a great book of his life, and he changed my life, helped me to minimise my life in all aspects.

Love your signature I am trying to be green hence the sell gift donate thing i try desperately not to landfill .Thanks for the book idea will look in the library for it .
  • elly68elly68 Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    Forumite
    Dincanada wrote: »
    I am trying to supplement income and use money I have made by selling to pay off 1 credit card and use for groceries.
    I am using my local Facebook pages to sell as there are no fees/postage etc. Not sure what will happen when the larger items are all sold and I only have small money items.
    Good luck everyone!!
    hi dinc ,I probably have enough tat for a year ,however did think about scouring bootsales for stuff to sell on or viceversa pick up cheap stuff online to sell at bootsale . We have a localebayfinder thing here and becase its collection only you can pick up decent items at cheap prices you will need a decent boot though as tends to belarger items people dont want to post just a thought .
  • FunBrum wrote: »

Yes, he was one of the TED talks I was watching. I find him very inspirational.
    sealed pot challenge 9 #004
  • elly68elly68 Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    Forumite
    Well first two weeks in sold 2 items chest of drawers £70 and dress £10.00 .I started with a £300.00 as I easily go through £150.00 a week going to get organised for a boot sale next week .Doing really well moneywise I am trying just not to spend it I have plenty food in the cupboard and I have been literally just topping it up with the perishables .
    I am down on shopping considerably thats been the biggest saving so i'm still afloat but need to start selling lots .
  • hummingbirdhummingbird Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    I would love to join please.... I've sold a lot already over the last couple of years but will have a rummage and see how much I can find to list...I need the get up and go to actually start selling things again and this is definitely an exciting way to think about it!
    £10 a day extra in May '18[B]£35/310[
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 £500/£2500 = 20%
    You can find my diary here:http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5189836:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Christmas lights running cost

We've crunched the numbers

MSE Guides

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard

MSE Deals