Vodafone Mucked My Bill 4 Times, Can I break out of contract?

Options
Hi Guys.
Vodafone have been billing me for text messages for the last 4 months, when I call them they refund me the monday and tell me it's sorted but every month I notice that I've been billed for sms's again.

I've lost total trust with Vodafone and would like to break out of my contract, under my T&C's can I do this?

I would attempt to look myself but I'm rubish at reading legal mumbo jumbo ;-)

PS. I'm now now on my 3rd attempt to get a manager to call me back, 2nd email to the EXE office and no replys from the emails I sent via their website. hehe

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Kalfus1986
    Options
    no unfortunatly you can't break your contract as they are refunding the cost so therfore forfilling their end.

ermm, usually they would sort it out within a month but im afraid ur guna have to keep trying :S
  • carly
    carly Posts: 1,414 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Vodafone seem to have big problems with their billing system at the moment. I have been charged for data usage the last two months even though I have a data package add on. I have rung twice and they say they will fix it but I cannot get itemised bill details online as their site is always " under maintenance/ improvements " and I dont get a paper bill so i just have to wait to see how much DD they take. Its driving me mad !!
  • Hopefullyuseful1
    Options
    carly wrote: »
    Vodafone seem to have big problems with their billing system at the moment. I have been charged for data usage the last two months even though I have a data package add on. I have rung twice and they say they will fix it but I cannot get itemised bill details online as their site is always " under maintenance/ improvements " and I dont get a paper bill so i just have to wait to see how much DD they take. Its driving me mad !!

Hi,

I’m really sorry to hear of the problems that you’ve both had with the billing of your accounts.

Etheridge – you should have received a manager call back if you’ve requested one and I’m sorry this hasn’t happened. With regard to the text message charges, it sounds like your text pack might not be set up properly.
    Carly – there have been some problems with the data charges and also with the online billing services. With the data charges, the accounts that are affected have been recorded and credits will automatically be applied to the next bill for the overcharge.

With regard to the online billing, they hope to have it back up and running before the end of September. If you’d like to be provided with paper copies of the bills, this can be done for you free of charge as a temporary fix until the online billing issue is resolved.

I’d welcome both of you to get in touch by email so we can check what’s happening on your accounts and help to get it resolved.
    If you go to the Contact Us section of website, you’ll have the option to send an email. If you put the code FIT135 into the body of your e-mail, this would be sent to the team who deal with customer forum issues and can help.

Hopefullyuseful
    Vodafone UK
  • jimsmum
    jimsmum Posts: 4,044 Forumite
    Options
    we cant access online billing at the moment due to an ex-employe downloading a virus on to the system ??
    i'm having problems too,not once have i gone over my usage in 14 months until i could'nt view my usage online.now im receiving conflicting info on how many minutes ive got left and therefore have gone over my inclusive minutes for the 3rd month. o.k i partly take the blame for believing the online information but id never had a problem before.
    i was also told that my bill was not £40 over my contact and it was an error on the system,didnt budget for it,they took £80 out of my account (the £40 included) as i couldnt view my bill and they said i couldnt have a paper one,went overdrawn but luckily the bank didn't charge me as ive never been overdrawn in my life.
    roll on october the 20th when my contract runs out.
    I heart The Capital ;)
  • carly
    carly Posts: 1,414 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    QUOTE Carly – there have been some problems with the data charges and also with the online billing services. With the data charges, the accounts that are affected have been recorded and credits will automatically be applied to the next bill for the overcharge.

Thanks for this. I Will wait until 11/9/2007 when my DD comes out to see what I have actually been charged. If the system is up and running by the end sept then i can manage without a paper bill.....otherwise i will get in touch. Carly
  • stugib
    stugib Posts: 2,602 Forumite
    Options
    carly wrote: »
    With the data charges, the accounts that are affected have been recorded and credits will automatically be applied to the next bill for the overcharge.

Thanks for this. I Will wait until 11/9/2007

FYI the refund was applied to my account as 'Data calls made when in the USA' - £17 in all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure