The Frugal Fry-Up February NSD Challenge!

edited 27 February 2016 at 7:35AM in Debt-free Wannabe Challenges
254 replies 10.1K views

Replies

• NargleblastNargleblast Forumite
    10.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good afternoon, gang! Looking forward to the arrival of my first NSD very soon, at least a couple this week, once all the silly first and last of the month spending is finished.

Well, I see the Chicky Ferret Cafe had a fairly profitable first day's trading, once we smoothed over that little incident where a customer caught Hubert with his nose in the custard. It was the least we could do, let him have the whole three course meal for free. Him and his party of eighteen.

Mrs Doyle made a fortune with her cream teas, just as well most of the customers had bad colds as those egg sarnies smelled a bit off to me. Think it is time we invested in a new flock of chickens at Ennessdee Towers, Chef is already casting greedy eyes over the existing ones.

The sandwich du jour is not going down too well, I did say to Igor that the general public would not understand the attraction of ferret and chutney, but did he listen? At least we know what we will be having for tomorrow lunch.

Hubert, stop nicking the food. Especially the leftover sprouts vindaloo. The customers will not appreciate the presence of a large, fat, hairy, transvestite donkey with intestinal gas doing a Donald over their meals!
    One life - your life - live it!
  • Hi Marmite, I'm going to aim for 12 NSDs this month and hopefully tomorrow will be the first.
  • slowlyfadingslowlyfading Forumite
    13.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NSD 2 for me today :)
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • tatabubblytatabubbly Forumite
    909 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Had a spendy day today, totally planned and fine by me!

I'm planning for a NSD tomorrow though... Hopefully ;)
    094 Sealed pot member! :beer: (7) €185 (8) €138 (9) €€250
    Saving for our first home!
  • Gem-gemGem-gem Forumite
    4K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    NSD no 2

And 5 in a row ( rolled over from last month - it has been a while since I have bagged one of these).
    £2 Savers no.1 £260🎖🥉🥈🥇
    Save 12K in 2021 no 7.
    Declutter and clean for 2021 ⭐️ 🎖
  • marmiterulesokmarmiterulesok Forumite
    7.8K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good morning! :hello:

34qk5qd.jpg

Happy non-spendy Wednesday peeps! :money:
    7.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Marmite, I'm going to aim for 12 NSDs this month and hopefully tomorrow will be the first.

Hi there stripeyjumpergirl! :wave:

You're all signed up.
    tatabubbly wrote: »
    Had a spendy day today, totally planned and fine by me!

I'm planning for a NSD tomorrow though... Hopefully ;)

Spendy days do happen! :rotfl:
    Good luck for today.

Well done Gem-gem and slowlyfading on getting #2!

PS I also grabbed and subdued #2. ;)
    7.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I see the Chicky Ferret Cafe had a fairly profitable first day's trading, once we smoothed over that little incident where a customer caught Hubert with his nose in the custard. It was the least we could do, let him have the whole three course meal for free. Him and his party of eighteen.

Mrs Doyle made a fortune with her cream teas, just as well most of the customers had bad colds as those egg sarnies smelled a bit off to me. Think it is time we invested in a new flock of chickens at Ennessdee Towers, Chef is already casting greedy eyes over the existing ones.

The sandwich du jour is not going down too well, I did say to Igor that the general public would not understand the attraction of ferret and chutney, but did he listen? At least we know what we will be having for tomorrow lunch.

Hubert, stop nicking the food. Especially the leftover sprouts vindaloo. The customers will not appreciate the presence of a large, fat, hairy, transvestite donkey with intestinal gas doing a Donald over their meals!

In other words we're off to a cracking start then?!

Phew,I'm relieved....I was worried that it would be a disaster.Must be your calming influence Nargle. :)
  • jodles16jodles16 Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭✭
    Hello you lovely lot, thought I had already signed up but evidently not! So usual 20 please and adding a 2 for Mon and Tues already! 2/20NSDs! Hoping today will be too but being drawn by Amazonia...have got items in my basket and they have been there a couple of days...need to hold off until I go food shopping on Fri and that gives me time to figure out if I really want them!

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • evukaevuka Forumite
    119 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Hi, can I join please? I aim for 15 NSDs this month (being skint kinda helps but it's better to be focused and set a goal!) Cheers :beer:
    6mo EF: £ /£
    Frugal Living Challenge 2021 £
    NSD: Jan /
    Sell 100 items /100
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Cuts announced to alcohol and air passenger duties

And the levy on fuel frozen for 12th year in a row

MSE News

Autumn Budget 2021: full round-up

From minimum wage increases to fuel duty freezes

MSE News