Options

Comments

• mumps
    mumps Posts: 6,285 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Pennylane wrote: »
    How are you doing now Mumps? Xx

I'm not feeling too bad, adjusting to everything and not feeling sorry for myself. I do look a bit haggard but I think that's because of losing weight quickly, I don't have scales but think over the last two weeks, in hospital and then recovering, I have lost about a stone. If I keep on with the mugs of drinking chocolate I will soon put that back on. I can only eat small meals so it is small and often at the moment and other than that I just feel easily tired but I don't think that is too much of a problem, I just sleep alot. I am due back in on Thursday and will know more then.

Thanks to you and everyone for all the support, it is much appreciated.
    Sell £1500

2831.00/£1500
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just tuck in to whatever you fancy that's still low fibre, mumps.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • scaredofdebt
    Options
    I have had several colonscopies, always under sedation. This sedation has different effects on different people, for me it practically puts me to sleep so never felt a thing.

I once had a "flexible sygmoidoscopy" and was offered a sedative. I asked it the process was painful and the doctor said it was merely uncomfortable so I declined the sedative. I suggest his definition of uncomfortable was somewhat awry and would definitely have a sedative if I need one of those again.

Imagine someone trying to stick a powerwasher up your a*se, that's what it felt like.

Good luck!
    Make £2018 in 2018 Challenge - Total to date £2,108
  • mumps
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Thanks for all the support. Both hospital stays over and done with. Colonoscopy not as bad as I expected, lots of healing still to do after op but feeling OK, just a bit tired. Glad to be home.
    Sell £1500

2831.00/£1500
  • MrsCD
    MrsCD Posts: 1,796 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Glad you're ok, mumps and it wasn't as bad as it might have been.
    Take care and be kind to yourself. :)
    2024 Fashion on the ration 32/66 used
  • mumps
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    MrsCD wrote: »
    Glad you're ok, mumps and it wasn't as bad as it might have been.
    Take care and be kind to yourself. :)

I've been very naughty this morning:rotfl:I am not a good patient:( I am supposed to be resting and taking it easy so while husband was still in bed this morning I stripped the beds in two bedrooms, polished and dusted, tidied up some of grandchildrens junk that they leave here. I couldn't vacuum till he got up or he would have told me off.

On the other hand I did an online shopping order so no need to go shopping and carry stuff and it was very money saving as I got £30 off a £100 shop at Waitrose as it was my first shop and got £10.50 on topcashback. The cupboards and freezer are nicely stocked up and I am now sitting having a rest.

Not sure if I should be sitting in the naughty corner or polishing my halo (I know which husband would go for.)
    Sell £1500

2831.00/£1500
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I reckon naughty corner Mumps :D
    I too struggle to do nothing when advised but beds and hoovering together are pretty hard work when you should be taking things easy .
    Take care and be good !
    polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • mumps
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    I reckon naughty corner Mumps :D
    I too struggle to do nothing when advised but beds and hoovering together are pretty hard work when you should be taking things easy .
    Take care and be good !
    polly

A higher authority took control and the vacuum broke so I have clean beds and dirty floors :rotfl: Justice on me for being naughty. At least I feel I have a good excuse for dirty floors.
    Sell £1500

2831.00/£1500
  • mumps
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    I'm fed up of feeling sick. I'm fed up of cramps and stomach pain. I'm fed up of not being able to eat anything nice. I think I am a bit down today.
    Sell £1500

2831.00/£1500
  • karmacookie
    karmacookie Posts: 577 Forumite
    Options
    mumps wrote: »
    I'm fed up of feeling sick. I'm fed up of cramps and stomach pain. I'm fed up of not being able to eat anything nice. I think I am a bit down today.

Hope today has been a bit better for you x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport