Colonoscopy anyone?

Options

Comments

• Andypandyboy
    Options
    Glad you are back posting. Hope all goes well.
  • mumps
    mumps Posts: 6,285 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I've had a bit of a bad morning but I won't go into the grim details. Then my grandchildren arrived to give me a hug, closely followed by my son who lives 240 miles away phoning and while he was on the phone my son who lives nearly 200 miles away phoned. Life's not so bad when you feel cared for so onwards and upwards.
    Sell £1500

2831.00/£1500
  • bargain_babs
    Options
    Hi Mumps - stay positive glad you have had such good care on the nhs best wishes to you x
  • mumps
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Hi Mumps - stay positive glad you have had such good care on the nhs best wishes to you x

I am very lucky, I couldn't have wished for nicer people and the good wishes on here have also given me a boost. I'm a bit sore and a bit tired so I think things can seem a bit overwhelming but I am definitely getting there. Got to speak to a special nurse on Monday then hospital again the week after. What a busy social life I have :rotfl:
    Sell £1500

2831.00/£1500
  • mumps
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Decided I needed a makeover to coloured my hair last night, got rid of the grey. This morning went to the hairdresser and had a restyle which I am really pleased with so all going well.
    Sell £1500

2831.00/£1500
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    Sounding good Mumps . Take care .
    polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • mumps
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Well my recovery isn't very money saving, got my daughter to pick me up some new nighties yesterday. Decided if I am going to be in hospital again I want some nice nightclothes. I have a nice dressing gown but my pjs/nighties are well worn, my slippers are a disgrace as they are old ones that generally live squashed in the bottom of a wardrobe, I usually go barefoot at home so when I am next out that is something to get. Not usually bothered about this sort of thing but I think it makes you feel better if you have some nice things to wear. That is my theory anyway so going on a spending spree.
    Sell £1500

2831.00/£1500
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Definitely buy what you want to make the hospital stay as 'easy' as it can be.

Good luck, mumps.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • mumps
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Thinking of booking a facial for next week, feel like a bit of pampering might be nice. My son has managed to take a week off work so will be coming to visit with my youngest grandson, think they will be arriving a week tomorrow so that is something to look forward to.

Unfortunately I am feeling nauseous so not eating much, I am going to be a size zero model at this rate. Hopefully that is going to get easier, first time in my life when chocolate can't tempt me which is a bit shocking for everyone.
    Sell £1500

2831.00/£1500
  • MrsCD
    MrsCD Posts: 1,796 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Mumps, make sure you have your name on your clothes when you go into hospital. In our region they get picked up by the people who change the beds, and if they are not named they are harder to find.
    You can tell the staff that you need to see to your own clothes.
    Things may have changed with all the cuts in the nhs, but it's still worth doing.

Hope everything goes well for you. Take care. xx
    2024 Fashion on the ration 32/66 used
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family