🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Colonoscopy anyone?

Options

Comments

• ancientofdays
    Options
    I believe you may be away now but wanted to wish you well with this procedure
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • lisa110rry
    lisa110rry Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Oh I second "ancient"'s good wishes.
    “And all shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be exceeding well.”
    ― Julian of Norwich
    In other words, Don't Panic!
  • mumps
    mumps Posts: 6,285 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Thank you for being so kind. I have had a lovely little trip and although in pain it is not too bad.
    Sell £1500

2831.00/£1500
  • carlislelass
    carlislelass Posts: 1,776 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Can`t remember what hubby took but it was a sachet the night before then one next morning(had 2pm app) Was taken back to the day ward and given tea/sandwich before leaving
  • mumps
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Can`t remember what hubby took but it was a sachet the night before then one next morning(had 2pm app) Was taken back to the day ward and given tea/sandwich before leaving

I'll concentrate on the tea and sandwiches, I think I'll need them by then.:beer:
    Sell £1500

2831.00/£1500
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I wasn't offered any food or drink. I just went home and slept for hours.
  • comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,753 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My husband had colonoscopy a couple years ago. They told him there and then he had cancer, no waiting for test results, and we were lucky they were able to do a whole body scan later that same day. If you are not too drowsy you will see what they see on the tv unit. Best of luck.
  • mumps
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    I wasn't offered any food or drink. I just went home and slept for hours.

Oh no, I was looking forward to the tea and sandwiches! When I had my last baby he was over 10lb and they offered me tea and toast. Well I had been so full of baby I really hadn't been able to eat much so I wolfed it down and of course I suddenly felt so empty, three lots of toast later I started to feel OK. It was the best tea and toast I have ever tasted. After the fasting er prep shall we say I thought the tea and sandwiches might be similarly magical.
    Sell £1500

2831.00/£1500
  • mumps
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    comeandgo wrote: »
    My husband had colonoscopy a couple years ago. They told him there and then he had cancer, no waiting for test results, and we were lucky they were able to do a whole body scan later that same day. If you are not too drowsy you will see what they see on the tv unit. Best of luck.

I hope everything went OK, I am not sure how I feel about looking, I might be fascinated or I might be horrified. I think I would rather sleep through it but nosy me might take over on the day.
    Sell £1500

2831.00/£1500
  • mumps
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Well things have moved on rather suddenly. Urgent call from surgery as results of some tests have come in. Not had colonoscopy yet but emergency appointment today. Don't know what is happening so if I am not around for a while you will know something is going on.

Thank you all for the support and advice, it is has been so useful.
    Sell £1500

2831.00/£1500
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills