IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Charge for Stopping/Waiting less than 20 seconds!

Options

Comments

• backtobasix
    Options
    how should I report them and on what grounds? -

they have sent me the demand following my popla appeal loss and the 30 days I had to pay has now expired. I dont believe they may even be aware that a re-appeal is in process
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    irrelevant, just report them online and enclose details plus the paperwork, let the BPA deal with their own members and transgressions
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I have now submitted the new re-appeal to POPLA based on CM's suggestions above.

Let's see what happens...

In the meantime the Parking Opeartor have sent me a letter giving me a final opportunity to pay th £100 before taking me to court - I have 14 days.

I've never taken a parking dispute this far before. Does anyone with any previous experience know what is realistically likely to happen if I do not pay....

Well, you'd be the very first with this lot!

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Park_Direct_UK.html
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • backtobasix
    Options
    Oh well, POPLA did email me back, not good news (again):

Dear XXXXXXXX

I understand that you are unhappy with your appeal decision. All POPLA appeal decisions are final and we are at the end of our appeals process.

Firstly you need to understand that POPLA’s main duty is to determine whether a PCN has been issued correctly, we do not allow appeals when an operator is accused of breaching the code of practice. When we believe a breach in the code of practice has occurred we report the operator to the British Parking Association (BPA).

I have looked at your appeal and rebuttal and have determined that the original appeal was correct and the decision will not be changed.

In regards to your statement, "It is a clear requirement of POPLA that evidence packs are sent to the appellant at the same time as they are sent to POPLA. Failure to do this will be considered a Sanctionable Breach of the Code", we can confirm that we have reported this to the BPA, but is not something we would consider as a point of appeal.
    While I appreciate that, you are unhappy with your decision, we are now at the end of our appeals process and there is no opportunity to appeal.

For confidential and impartial advice, you may wish to contact Citizens Advice: https://www.adviceguide.org.uk  or call 0345 404 0506 (English) or 0345 404 0505 (Welsh).
    Kind Regards

Georgina Riley

Assessor

POPLA Team
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    In regards to your statement, "It is a clear requirement of POPLA that evidence packs are sent to the appellant at the same time as they are sent to POPLA. Failure to do this will be considered a Sanctionable Breach of the Code", we can confirm that we have reported this to the BPA, but is not something we would consider as a point of appeal. While I appreciate that, you are unhappy with your decision, we are now at the end of our appeals process and there is no opportunity to appeal

Follow that up with a email to aos@britishparking.co.uk asking them to confirm if it has been reported, is it being investigated, and what do they intend to do about it.

After you get a reply, then follow that up with ISPA to ensure you can present a joined up argument to them.

They like to pass problems between them in the hope no one checks and follows up.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,666 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Follow that up with a email to aos@britishparking.co.uk asking them to confirm if it has been reported, is it being investigated, and what do they intend to do about it.

After you get a reply, then follow that up with ISPA to ensure you can present a joined up argument to them.

They like to pass problems between them in the hope no one checks and follows up.

+1 - do this next. BPA complaint first. :)

ISPA's email for the next stage is director@ispa.co.uk and they will review the 'work' by POPLA in the case although they say they will not 'overturn a decision' as such. Complaints to ISPA about these awful decisions are VITAL.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • backtobasix
    backtobasix Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    Just thought I'd update this thread - complained to BPA and have been chasing them up on a number of occasions and I received the below response a couple of days ago :

Thank you for your patience whilst I look in to your complaint.

Please be advised Park Direct UK Ltd left our membership on the 6th May 2016 and we have not received a response to the complaint. We have sent the parking operator numerous correspondence but unfortunately no reply has been received. As they are no longer members of ours we are limited as to what we can achieve.

As your complaint involved POPLA evidence and if the error by Park Direct affected the decision making of POPLA, we would suggest you speak to POPLA to see if they can reach a satisfactory outcome for you in regards to the appeal decision.

I am sorry we have been unable to assist you on this occasion.

Kind regards

I will now proceed to complain to IPCI. Any adivce on how to proceed would be appreciated.

On another note; I have started recieving letters from 'Debt Recovery Plus' ordering me to pay £160. I received a second and final demand today. I have until early June before they will recommend the Parking operator to take me to court. I'm really nervous about continuing to ignore these as per advice previously in thread. However I will stand my ground.
  • Grimble
    Grimble Posts: 455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    DRP have less authority than the tooth fairy, they will lie to get your money, they cannot cancel anything, never contact.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,082 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Debt Recovery Plus cannot do anything only send out scrap paper, they only want your money, which they cannot get if they recommend taking you to court because they will be out of the loop, think about it!!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I will now proceed to complain to IPCI. Any adivce on how to proceed would be appreciated.

Just complain as you did to the BPA but also copy in the DVLA too. IPC say they are there to defend their clients (the PPC). The DVLA thinks they are there to control their clients - different views that should be highlighted to the DVLA.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure