Thoughts on Bounts (Get paid for walking)

Options

Comments

• codemonkey
    codemonkey Posts: 6,534 Forumite
    Options
    I think you have to be within a certain distance for 30 minutes - at least for GPS tracking. It might be different if they have a beacon though.
    Eu não sou uma tartaruga. Eu sou um codigopombo.
  • SG27
    SG27 Posts: 2,773 Forumite
    Options
    Well, the 60 points from my Health app have gone on, so I'm only just under 200 points now until I get to my £10 voucher!

The reward wheel is getting very stingy lately though I think. Yesterday I won 10 points out of 6 spins (1 win) and today I had 2 wins of 5 points each and that was with 12 spins.

Its always been like that. According to the wheel you should win on average 1 in 3 spins. But its more like 1 in 6 at best. They should remove one of the reward segments so at least its not misleading.
  • codemonkey
    Options
    Is anyone else having problems with bounts today? I've done 3 activities and it hasn't synced any of them. All it's done is deducted the 5 points for the challenge.

I keep getting server time out errors on the app and the website appears to be down. Looks like they can't handle the traffic from today's promotion.
  • Siouxsie32
    Siouxsie32 Posts: 1,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Today seems to be a good Bounts day...
    • 5 x points on your first qualifying activity today
    • Take part in the Famous 5 Challenge for a chance to win 50000 Bounts points
    • Win big bucks on the Reward Wheel

And for those who haven't yet upgraded, there's 50% off the upgrade premium when using the code BBBB50 (not a referral code)

It seems to be a one day only birthday bonanza so I'm off to find out more about the Famous 5 Challenge, and walk 7000 steps :rotfl:

Get walking people, and have a nice day :D
  • Georgiegirl256
    Georgiegirl256 Posts: 7,005 Forumite
    edited 31 March 2016 at 12:23PM
    Options
    codemonkey wrote: »
    Is anyone else having problems with bounts today? I've done 3 activities and it hasn't synced any of them. All it's done is deducted the 5 points for the challenge.

I keep getting server time out errors on the app and the website appears to be down. Looks like they can't handle the traffic from today's promotion.

Haven't done any activities yet so don't know if it's syncing ok or not, but the website is very slow and won't open pages. The app appears to be working ok for me.

5 x points on your first qualifying activity? I must have missed that....I'm off for a walk around the block I think! :rotfl:
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Options
    It's being a complete nightmare today! I won a reward on the spin wheel but because it timed out it couldn't give me the points so I have no idea how many I should have won or whether I'll ever receive them :mad:
  • codemonkey
    Options
    My moves app data has gone on now + 100 points for first qualifying activity, which is good, but the MMF ones haven't and today's points aren't showing in the app yet. Think everything is just taking ages to go on.

But yeah, everyone who hasn't done so already, get activitying. Loads of points to be had today.
    :j
  • Georgiegirl256
    Georgiegirl256 Posts: 7,005 Forumite
    Options
    Well that was an easy 120 points! Shame it's only on the first activity!

Eta: 130 actually because I won 10 on the wheel.
  • Siouxsie32
    Siouxsie32 Posts: 1,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Ha ha nil points for following my own device. Had a shower, walked around 5000 steps in the beautiful afternoon sun then realised my Fitbit is still on my bathroom shelf :eek:

Currently sitting having a pedicure so it may be an interesting evening in my flip flops later :rotfl:
  • dangers
    dangers Posts: 1,456 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I was unable to log on last night to upgrade to premium +. The website that that my email address in unknown when it is in fact correct. Waiting for a reply to my email......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure