Comments

• EatingTheElephant
    Options
    We have an egg already from one of the new girls :T
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Brilliant! Good for you, you're obviously a born chicken keeper :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    More eggs = happy
    Chickens = more cake.

I would say that is a win-win!
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Clever hen! - clearly settled in already :)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    There will have to be some time set aside for baking this weekend as we have a bit of a surplus of eggs now :rotfl:

A lot of spending this week, horse food, dog food, dog event entries. Hopefully just a bit of food for us left to pay for.

I’ve started looking at flooring options for the extension and kitchen, ideally non slip for the dogs, but not carpet. Some further investigation needed here.

Last weekend we started some work for improving the drainage at the stables, the second part of the plan will be carried out this weekend. It seems as though the weather will oblige in giving it a test run as it’s currently hammering it down!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    There will have to be some time set aside for baking this weekend as we have a bit of a surplus of eggs now :rotfl:

More cake! :D:D:D
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    greent wrote: »
    More cake! :D:D:D

Most definitely :D

I’m looking forward to lots of cake :D
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Well I still haven’t got around to baking cake!

We did however spend a very productive day using an sds drill to channel out a new drain up the stables. There is now no flooding of the stable yard :T

I’ve stated using my cc to gain the introductory offer n3ctar points. However it seems I only have a couple weeks to do this. The offer is for the first two months, but the start date is beginning of March when I first appplied for the card!!

Hubby spoke to builder and he reckons about another 3 weeks before he finishes the job he is on, which is when he will start ours. I think I need to clear out the conservatory ASAP ready for tearing it down.
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    I really don’t know where my time goes! Please can I have some more hours each day?

Yesterday I started by getteg all the ironing done, shuffled some more washing around, followed by more shuffling of money around bank accounts to get the monthly rewards. Took the dogs out for a slightly longer walk than usual as pupster was a bit over active. Did the horses then went to visit my mum. We went out for something to eat, then had a little wander near a reservoir and had a good catch up. We hadn’t seen her since Christmas, so it was long overdue, but that was the day gone!!

Oh, I did manage to do a bit of research on flooring for the new dining room too, still a work in progress though. I think I need to actually go and see some examples in a shop, or get some samples maybe.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That's a lot :rotfl:

And I know exactly what you mean about needing more hours, even though I don't do half of what you do :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport