IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCM Parking Notice - is it safe to ignore?

Options
1235»

Comments

• djmsemcgrath
    Options
    I did know that! :-)
    The title of the letter just momentarily made me think it had escalated to the court stage now. I'll come back if I get a letter from PCM or Gladstones with Letter Before Court action in the title. Thanks again!
  • jacob_12345
    Options
    Did you get more crap from them? I received the ticket as well. Now I received first letter from Debt collectors Trace Debt Recovery. When I was appealing to ticket I didn't give my real name. They don;t have my full address either ( don't have flat number) I'm moving in few weeks time so even if they sent something I won't see it. I wonder do they have power to get my details from DVLA? thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,975 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Last Activity: 23-10-2016 7:48 AM

That poster hasn't been here since last October!
    I wonder do they have power to get my details from DVLA?
    Yes if a firm is an AOS member of the IPC or BPA.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Silvea
    Silvea Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    There was a sign about 8 foot or so high up, in a shopping centre saying for disabled parking only and then the writing went really small, could not read the rest of the sign from that distance.
    No clear signage to say for blue badge holders only. I had a disabled relative with me and I used that space for less than 50 minutes. Was sent a parking fine. I appealed, was rejected, then appealed again to IAS s refected again. Today got a letter to say they would start Court proceedings.

I have taken pictures of the signage and also have pictures I took that day of my relative. They have a Camera that would have footage of my disabled relative.

I did some research and found out that the signage for disabled parking should be big enough to be able to be read whilst seated in the car. The signage is small and misleading. It's free parking there anyway.

Where do I stand? I used the intended space for it's said purpose. I have used that carpark for over 10 years and have near parked in disabled parking.
    Please help.
  • Silvea
    Silvea Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Never not near
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,387 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You need to start your own thread, not jump in on such an ancient one, over 2 years old. Much has changed in that period.

If you've exhausted the IAS appeals process, you just ignore everything that comes your way, other than a LBC or MCOL Claim (see the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #5 for acronyms). If you get either, come back on your own thread with all the details of your parking event, which PPC, dates, date of NtK etc.

Don't confuse the rules for Blue Badge holders on council land (free parking in most cases) and those on private land (increasingly paid for parking for BB holders).
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,975 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 5 April 2018 at 11:27PM
    Options
    Silvea wrote: »
    There was a sign about 8 foot or so high up, in a shopping centre saying for disabled parking only and then the writing went really small, could not read the rest of the sign from that distance.
    No clear signage to say for blue badge holders only. I had a disabled relative with me and I used that space for less than 50 minutes. Was sent a parking fine. I appealed, was rejected, then appealed again to IAS s refected again. Today got a letter to say they would start Court proceedings.

I have taken pictures of the signage and also have pictures I took that day of my relative. They have a Camera that would have footage of my disabled relative.

I did some research and found out that the signage for disabled parking should be big enough to be able to be read whilst seated in the car. The signage is small and misleading. It's free parking there anyway.

Where do I stand? I used the intended space for it's said purpose. I have used that carpark for over 10 years and have near parked in disabled parking.
    Please help.

See my signature and hop back 2 clicks, to read the NEWBIES thread and get off old threads!

We have up to 100 new or updated threads every day here so there is never a need to land on an archive old one, or read it.

See below (coloured writing) for where to click to read what you need to read, on this forum.

You need to read the second post of the NEWBIES thread about Letter before Claim stage, and come back to work through your defence, if they file a claim (no big deal, honestly, almost all are won here and there's no risk, as long as you don't ignore court papers/dates/directions).

NO REPLY HERE PLEASE - THIS IS NOT YOUR THREAD.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure