Crowdfunding and benefits

Options
13»

Comments

• Justwe03
    Justwe03 Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not sure why there is so much hostility towards CrowdFinding, isn't this the whole premise of it?

People have the choice to contribute a little to a person or a cause for any reason they deem fit.

OP I can only imagine how tough it is for you. I would ask a family member or trusted friend to perhaps host the page and wish you all the luck with it.
  • Poppie68
    Poppie68 Posts: 4,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Justwe03 wrote: »
    Not sure why there is so much hostility towards CrowdFinding, isn't this the whole premise of it?

People have the choice to contribute a little to a person or a cause for any reason they deem fit.

OP I can only imagine how tough it is for you. I would ask a family member or trusted friend to perhaps host the page and wish you all the luck with it.

Or she could use her DLA mobility component and lease one from motability which is the best cost effective way, repairs, parts and insurance can be costly all would be covered by Motability... DLA is awarded to a claimant for exactly this reason.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Justwe03 wrote: »

I don't see hostility but I do see posters giving suggestions.
  • Drummergirl1
    Options
    Thanks for the advice.
    I have no savings. I racked up a load of debt on mobility equipment and house adaptations trying to manage without DLA because I felt I would be called a sponger and I care about what people think. A stupid thing to do in Hines-Sight. I thought I could strive to manage on the bare basics. Now I'm using my DLA to pay for the debt because of that.
    This is the first time I've used a forum for this kind of query. I too am baffled by the hostility, I feel like I've had my hand slapped for 'trick and treating'.
    But hey, there have been some excellent ideas too and I thank you all for those.
    I have many friends who would love to donate to me but I thought crowdfunding would be the best way as they would all see it on my social media. I'm not asking for hand-outs from strangers. It's just in the 'old' days we used to get sent home from school with a sponsorship form and a task to perform, obviously that doesn't happen now.
  • dippy3103
    dippy3103 Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    You mention debt... Have you looked at the debt free wanna be forum on here? I'm told it's very helpful.
    The crowdfunding idea shows that you are thinking outside of the box.. So maybe you should explore debt management which would enable to put some of your DLA to it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure