It's all fun and games until ...........

Options

Comments

• scotdebs
    scotdebs Posts: 566 Forumite
    Options
    Pretty much back to full health Brizzle - was my own fault, pretty much ignored consultants advice after my op, went back to work too soon, doing too much round the house etc etc just generally thinking that I was wonder woman without the fabulous headband:rotfl:
    No watchers yet on my ebay items :mad: - they are all BNWT so hopeful they will get snapped up before closing on Monday.
    My new obsession is the shopping apps that give you cash back on groceries - have been a long time user of topcashback for switching insurances etc but these are the apps that give you money back if you by a certain yogurt or fabric conditioner etc. just by uploading your receipt. How had I missed this free cash previously :eek:
    Anyway I'm being very strict and only buying what would have been on my list anyway but just last week we built up just under £10 cash back, have just done my online (I spend at least £30 less online than I do in store well worth the delivery cost) shop for @sda and will get about £6 back for that when I upload the receipt will be interesting to see over the course of a year what that amounts to ......might not quite cover a trip to New York right enough:)

Made double portion spag bol for dinner tonight so plenty for the freezer:T time for a wee weekend vino me thinks:beer:
    CC debt Aug 2018 £50.2K
    CC debt Nov 2018 £48.6K
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope you're fighting fit soon Debs.
    Oh, I love Shopitize and COS. Just cashed out my first £20 on there.
  • LightBulbMoment
    Options
    Hi Scotdebs

I have just read your diary from start to finish. You have done so well already.

I really hope you are feeling better now and are on the up and up after being in hospital.

Any way keep up the good work and stay away from the takeaway they are expensive and you really do not need them,. That is what I keep saying to myself.

I am going to have to have a look into this Shopitize and COS as I have never heard of them before.

Take care

LBM
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Get well soon xxx
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    How did the eBay items do over the weekend? Hoping they all sold.
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • scotdebs
    edited 31 May 2016 at 11:51PM
    Options
    Milan had to relist them all and then 4 of them had bids within 24 hours the wonderful world of eBay!!! So last 10 days has seen a crop of unplanned expenses more car stuff and few other unexpected bits that has meant another month of no overpayments :( am feeling seriously deflated and have even looked at consolidation loans- I know in the past these have been the work of the devil but I am constantly putting together spreadsheets that will have me debt free in 2 yrs and yet either through lack of discipline or for other reasons I can never keep to the repayment schedule. There is a part of me saying well whats to stop you racking up the cards again but I am so sick of this millstone that I honestly think if I could clear the cards I would be loath to put a single penny on them again. I was looking at a company called quid cycle which close down all your lines of credit and leave you just 1 card and give you a bonus of up to 4% if you stick to a financial education programme they have - I just feel it's a way of ensuring that I will actually get debt free at some time - also I have been told my job is now safe for min 2 yrs so if I did the loan over 2 year then if for any reason I was made redundant at the end at least any package I get would not be wasted on paying off debt

This one needs a few nights sleeping on I think :(
    CC debt Aug 2018 £50.2K
    CC debt Nov 2018 £48.6K
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    What % rate does quid cycle charge? I know you have closed down some of your cards. How many are you paying on still?
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Well done on plugging away at eBay. It can be a funny thing. Unpredictable I think is the phrase.

Be wary debs..know it's a haul..but what security would they need and what rates? As Mila says. I would ask around here and see what people think about the company's rep too. The threat, even a far off one of being made redundant is a huge thing and tbh I am not surprised it's playing on your mind. You've also been ill and not recuperated properly...it's all battering your mind and body I am sure. Maybe see how you feel in a couple of months? Do like we should all do with a spend (but in reverse?) ...wait for 30 days and then see how you feel?

Sending hugs anyway

Xx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    How's it going Debs? Hope alls Ok
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • scotdebs
    Options
    So 14 months from my last post am I here to report that im debt free or well on my way to it..........hell no its bigger than ever *sighs and bangs head on wall many many times* I have noticed a pattern I come on here and start to get things under control then become complacent, then I stop coming on here realise that I have been a bit spendy and put stuff on the cards then stick head in sand until low and behold I owe even more than before.................away to update signature it wont be pleasant reading
    CC debt Aug 2018 £50.2K
    CC debt Nov 2018 £48.6K
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport