Options

Comments

• Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,156 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 2 December 2018 at 10:21AM
    Options
    girlchops wrote: »
    Hi Cornucopia, were they definitely from Aldi? I've bought these from Lidl in the past and they are gorgeous. We tried to get more in the last few days but Lidl staff have no idea what i was talking about! so if these are available at Aldi that's fab. TIA :D

Yes, definitely both from Aldi (I still have some Hearts left and there is an Aldi logo on the back).

ISTR having seen the Hearts (or the similar Stars) in many places, though, including Poundland and some big supermarkets. (No idea on comparative quality/price). The Aldi ones are 300g for 99p.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I absolutely love ALDI's Thai sweet chilli n lentil curls :p
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    girlchops wrote: »
    Hi Cornucopia, were they definitely from Aldi? I've bought these from Lidl in the past and they are gorgeous. We tried to get more in the last few days but Lidl staff have no idea what i was talking about! so if these are available at Aldi that's fab. TIA :D

I saw some in my Aldi a couple of weeks ago but did not get any as I knew I would eat them. So thought I would wait until now. None left and my local Lidl is the same.

I get the feeling as xmas food items run out they are not being replaced. As I can't find the mini stollen in Aldi but I know they had them in a few weeks ago!!!!

Yours

Calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • girlchops
    Options
    calleyw wrote: »
    I saw some in my Aldi a couple of weeks ago but did not get any as I knew I would eat them. So thought I would wait until now. None left and my local Lidl is the same.

I get the feeling as xmas food items run out they are not being replaced. As I can't find the mini stollen in Aldi but I know they had them in a few weeks ago!!!!

Yours

Calley x

I still haven't seen these in my local Lidl's since October so unlikely they'll resurface now and never did find any in Aldi BUT almost by accident i found some in Poundland yesterday evening and they are yummy too. I wasn't looking for them but dropped something and when i bent down to pick it up there they were sitting on the shelf!! :j
    I'm not sure if i'm allowed to mention Poundland in the Aldi & Lidl thread here :o but I'm happy to sit on the naughty step until Wednesday because these are so completely delicious and with Dark chocolate like they're supposed and i shall be going to get a stash of these to have throughout the year!!
    :xmassign:
  • Clowance
    Clowance Posts: 1,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I am cross with Aldi about Christmas food, much of it was Good Housekeeping recommended but none of the items I wanted seem to be available, the specially selected mince pies were around in NOvember for about 2 weeks but sold out and have not been restocked (the weird flavours didn't sell so quickly, why have so few traditional?) and other things have not been stocked at all. One day I went in when something was due to be available and a member of staff said "oh we wouldn't have put it out yet". Went in again two days later and there was no sign. This has been repeated every week with different items mentioned in their brochure.
    Have given up and bought elsewhere. GRRRR!
  • penguineater
    penguineater Posts: 125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 21 December 2018 at 8:02PM
    Options
    Bought a few things from Lidl today to try out, first one being The Royal One microwave burger for £1.99.

I love the occasional microwave burger and I thought for double the price of a rustlers, surely it's going to be a little nicer. Wow was I wrong. I was so bad I couldn't even finish it. It was a goopy mess, thin burger, no flavour distinction whatsoever - It didn't even taste like meat.

Packaging: oBeofjY.jpg

Q2otUAh.jpg

Honestly, even if these were free I wouldn't eat them, and i'm super frugal!

On another note, I also bought a BLT sandwich which was around £1.70 and it was much nicer than M&S's £3 BLT. The Lidl one had much more bacon as well - Definitely recommend BLT!

WTeYJYl.jpg
  • MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The salted caramel pud I bought in Lidl was pretty average, sponge not great and quite a measly amount of salted caramel centre.
  • RainbowDrops
    Options
    The lidl Graze-alike snack bags are nice. Half the price of the branded version.
    The protein power is almost identical. The BBQ one was moorish too, although they sneakily included cashew nut-shaped crackers in there, so it looks like they;ve been generous!
  • PLRFD
    PLRFD Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Home Bargains have loads of the real Graze stuff in about 60p a bag as I remember.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Lidlwatch: reporting for duty. Loads of veg at 19p/bag this morning, plus stacked pallets for replenishment - they looked fine but time will tell. Also the punnets of plums were a good price.

Some Christmas goodies reduced, eg stollen-style Christmas pud - whatever that is! - was 1/2 price. Still plenty of mini-stollen bites @ £1.99 or 2 for £3 which I think was the promotion from launch this year?. Baclava still available but not reduced. Nuts and crisps aside, Lidl doesn't really do packaged nibbles for drinks does it? Also not a decent mince pie to be found, just the Favorina brand.

Left with a bag of carrots and nothing else.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure