Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please*

Options

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    It's nappies and 4 pack of baby wipes. https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Offers.htm?id=73&week=1&ar=4
    Thanks. Not such a super weekend then (for me).
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Lucyxx
    Lucyxx Posts: 3,147 Forumite
    Options
    Shrimply wrote: »
    In fairness, when they are uploaded on time the online leaflets are great. I find Aldi's website a nightmare to navigate around these days with different special buys hidden away in various sections.

I always check the special buys by clicking on shop by date now as otherwise it is so hard to navigate through things that have already been and gone. I've been checking on and off all day to see when they will upload the Sunday and Thursday coming offers (I need to get out more!)
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Lucyxx wrote: »
    I always check the special buys by clicking on shop by date now as otherwise it is so hard to navigate through things that have already been and gone. I've been checking on and off all day to see when they will upload the Sunday and Thursday coming offers (I need to get out more!)

Lately, it's always been Thursday when they have updated. The Aldi Specialbuys for Sunday are cycling and childrenswear, for next Thursday it's laundry and bathroom. Quite a few items already sold out online.
    https://www.aldi.co.uk/c/specialbuys#
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • ljonski
    ljonski Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    Options
    Don#t Aldi sell coffee jars anymore?
    "if the state cannot find within itself a place for those who peacefully refuse to worship at its temples, then it’s the state that’s become extreme".Revd Dr Giles Fraser on Radio 4 2017
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    ljonski wrote: »
    Don#t Aldi sell coffee jars anymore?
    Red?

Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Aldi fresh whole chicken cook in its bag, I tried this really as I have a new oven and want to keep it clean!
    The most tender beautiful chicken I have any tasted.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Aldi fresh whole chicken cook in its bag, I tried this really as I have a new oven and want to keep it clean!

Does the skin crisp in the bag, though?
  • A._Badger
    A._Badger Posts: 5,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

But who wants to cook a chicken in plastic? There are too many question marks over plastic food packaging already without taking more risks.
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Options
    A._Badger wrote: »
    But who wants to cook a chicken in plastic? There are too many question marks over plastic food packaging already without taking more risks.

There are many things in life that can be questioned but does that stop us taking the risks.

Unless you are going to eat this chicken everyday of the week, I don't think it will kill you. But the billions and billions of germs and viruses in the air might.

A big picture fear squeezed into a tighly focused point.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • VeGGie-STyLe
    Options
    I found Milkyway Magic Stars for 69p in my local Aldi today :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure