Dancing in the Rain

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,331 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Liking your thinking :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Jumblerina
    Options
    Hey DIA,

Lovely to catch up on your Diary, nice to see a spot of de-cluttering and you had a nice time out with your work colleagues :) I feel your pain with IT issues when WFH, makes an otherwise low stress day infinitely more irritating:(

I love your post on NSD - you're spot on with your points, and NSD's work so well for you :) I've been unsure on NSD's vs sticking to budget, your post re-focussed me - thank you.

Hope you're having a lovely weekend

Jumblerina xxx
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Thanks for the comments lovely people :)

Inspired by crunch_time I thought I would do a debt calculation month by month where I should be.

December 14,500

January 13,600

February 12,600
    (extra £100)

March 11,600
    (extra £100)

April 10,700

May 9,800

June 8,900

July 8,000

August 7,100

September 6,200

October 5,300

November 4,400

December 3,500

Ah, ah, a shortfall :eek:

I can’t cut back (and stay sane) anymore so the hunt is on to find an extra income source that doesn't completely knacker me. I need to open a separate account and find an additional £3,500 by the end of 2017 :eek:

This isn’t depressing. It is motivating as I can clearly see what I need to do. :)

Happy Sunday folks :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    Good luck DIA. It's definitely motivation to get it all paid off as long as you don't sell everything that isn't screwed down lol.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    A cooking, pottering kind of day. The house is still a mess but the dishes have been washed and my fridge is full of nice things that will stop me eating rubbish:

YS beef £6 reduced to £2.25 turned into a beef casserole (half has been packaged off to the freezer)

Spinach salad

2 buckwheat (for the base) veggie, cheese and anchovy pizzas

Lentil and veggie soup

Lemon, garlic and tahini sauce

Fresh, grilled butterflied sardines fillets

No crisps or chocolate eaten today as I have lovely apples from Mr Ts. They are imperfect so a whole bag for 60p. I always peel non organic apples so surface blemishes don’t bother me. Nice and crunchy so if you see them, grab them.:)

I complained about a delivery from Ocad0 so they gave me a refund of £6 for the item and a £5 voucher for my next shop. Without my bullet journal I would not have organised an email to them.:)

A NSD

I’ve decided to sell my bike on gumtr33. I DO LOVE IT but I am also in love with Bromptons so, letting the current one go.

Tink, you are right I will have to start selling. I’ve sold only 3 things ever, so I have lots to sell. Time to start.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Congrats on what sounds like a lovely productive day

Xx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,877 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Also just wanted to applaud your post on NSDs :)

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    Loving your NSD post, made me think a lot.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Aww thanks ladies :)

Today
    Checked early morning online shopper job. Found my exact hours but not close enough to home. It is good news as it shows the hours I want exist. It is just a matter of waiting for the same job to come up locally. I’m going to keep my bike now as I will need it to cycle there. I am only a 10 minute cycle away from the local branch

Bought my steam cleaner today. I will let you know how it goes. Arg0s had an offer so, £30 off. :)

Health shop bargains. Delicious River Cottage vanilla yoghurt £3.30 reduced to 80p (I got 2) The jars are lovely and I am collecting them (when yoghurt is on offer) for keeping spices and seeds in. Organic smoked salmon £15 for 200 grams reduced to £6. Still expensive but I bought 2 packs and divided for the freezer for use over Christmas/New Year. Posh pesto £3.85 to £1. Divided and frozen for a future treat. :T

A gorgeous Neom candle RRP £30 purchased for £6.99 as last one and torn box. :T

Walked and saved on half my fares

Free coffee

3 huge avocados from Lid1 for £1.50

I have indeed spent money today, but every purchase was considered, reduced in price and I got a lot of bang for my bung.

Opened windows in all rooms, just for 30 minutes. It was cold, but rooms still need airing don’t they?

Cold, but sunny. It was nice to get some sun ;)

Off to light my candle :)

Happy Monday
    DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,331 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy new candle :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure