Dancing in the Rain

Options

Comments

• jvr
    jvr Posts: 426 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Congratulations! That is so amazing and your journey has and is a real inspiration, cannot wait to see what you manage to achieve now!
    Debt: £14,000 now £2169
    Emergency Fund: 1000/ £1000
    :j
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,883 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 23 March 2018 at 7:31PM
    Options
    Oh DIA I'm so pleased for you - what a wonderful inspiring post! :j:T:T:T

I totally agree you should buy yourself the cashmere or something else to celebrate and mark your first ALL MY OWN paycheque. :dance:_party_

Also, I think you should have one of these
    9k=self-rescuing-princess-mug_200x.jpg?v=1518789191

And your MSE badge! Don't forget to tell the DF Roll of Honour.

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh DIA. I'm so, so, so happy for you. This is absolutely fantastic news. Enjoy every moment of it.

:beer::j:money::T:D:)_party_:dance:

What an inspiration. Xxx
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,578 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    So pleased for you.
    A wee tear in my eye.

The next journey in your life begins.

Enjoy :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Options
    How exiting :)
    Driving again will be great.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The car sounds like a good investment, as does the perfume. It'll make you smile every time you put some on. I have Roses de Chloe as my perfume fitter of choice but would love the Jo Malone Red Roses cologne. Maybe I should target myself to buy it with royalties too. Might even motivate me to get on with writing :p
  • beanielou
    Options
    Ralph Lauren stopped doing my favourite perfume :(

• beanielou
    Options
    Time to find a new favourite :)

Never found anything I like as much sadly.
    Ralph Laren Blue~~oh how I miss you.
    Cant afford big brands like that anyway so just as well!!

• RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,883 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Brilliant :)

I used to wear Red Roses - might look for a rose scent for summer. Thanks for the reminder :)

DIA, great news on the car - do you have a smartphone? I haven't bothered with a satnav for years, as I just use G00gle Maps on my phone. You can get a holder from Half0rds or online for about £8, that will hold it on the windscreen just like a satnav. Much cheaper to buy an extra data bundle for the month than a whole satnav, and it means you don't have to pay for updates either. The only thing it doesn't do is warn you about speed limits.

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Get the car if it's in good nick . The price is great and paying cash , get you ! My car is the thing I couldn't part with .

I use my phone as a sat nav , have an in car charger as well . Do you feel,you may need a driving refresher perhaps with a driving instructor? I suppose it depends on how long you haven't driven for and how confident you are .

It's all happening DIA , so pleased for you .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure