Alway's believe that something wonderful is about to happen!

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,366 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    At least you'll be able to watch all the Christmas programmes and take your time wrapping presents. When I was off with my ankle last year I did a job then rested, then did another job, then rested and so on. Got things done but got to rest too.

Enjoy the Betty Crocker goodies :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have at least another 2 months before i'm allowed to drive:(, so early next year hopefully.

I know you are recovering, but try and plan some activities into your remaining time off so you have nice things to look forward to. For example, read a book, make some handmade Xmas crafts, paint your toenails, get an adult colouring in book.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    At least you'll be able to watch all the Christmas programmes and take your time wrapping presents. When I was off with my ankle last year I did a job then rested, then did another job, then rested and so on. Got things done but got to rest too.

Enjoy the Betty Crocker goodies :)

I'm looking forward to being able to watch all the Christmas programmes In peace. Wrapping presents will be ok as there won't be many really children want money and a couple of stocking fillers and I have already told most people its gift vouchers this year and I think I have a bl**dy good excuse to not go mad Christmas shopping, if people don't like it then tough :D.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    chanie wrote: »
    I know you are recovering, but try and plan some activities into your remaining time off so you have nice things to look forward to. For example, read a book, make some handmade Xmas crafts, paint your toenails, get an adult colouring in book.
    Hi Chanie, I have already made very good use of our N£tflix subscription, nobody else gets near the remote at the moment. I'm currently reading call the midwife which i'm enjoying and I plan to make some bits for xmas presents. But as in the post above I'm not going mad this year, so presents will be along the line of a gift voucher and a handmade soap or fudge.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Good morning, so cold here we have frost :(. Ch on first thing to warm the house for DC and I lit the woodburner, but as they have gone to school now I've turned CH off, may as well burn free wood and keep snuggly that way.

Finances have been checked and £13 has been paid off debt, managed a couple of surveys first thing whilst having my morning brew and Redeemed £10 from a survey site, so waiting on £25 now from surveys.

DH is off this afternoon so we are going to have a ride out somewhere as although it's cold the weather is bright and sunny, so will probably end up have coffee and cake somewhere. Need to nip into A1di and get some fruit, also need eggs as my chickens are only laying about 2 a week, but there are plenty of people locally that have hens and sell them roadside for £1 half dozen and at least I know they are looked after, I hate buying eggs in the super market as even when theystate free range, I always think they can't be a as well looked after as ones that people keep in there back gardens, or maybe my hens are just spoilt :).

To do list -

DRIVING LICENCE FORM
    Tidy downstairs.
    2 loads of washing
    Banking -Done £13 to debt
    Bake cake/biscuits (need eggs)
    List £bay items
    wrap/post £bay items
    Surveys -£10 redeemed

Have a great day x
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    DRIVING LICENCE FORM -still not done :mad:
    Tidy downstairs.
    2 loads of washing - 1 done
    Banking -Done £13 to debt
    Bake cake/biscuits (need eggs)eggs bought but not baked
    List £bay items - 1 listed
    wrap/post £bay items - done
    Surveys -£10 redeemed

Today hasn't been as productive as I wanted, went out with DH for coffee and cake and had a potter round some shops, back home made tea and totally exhausted now. Tomorrow is another day and there is nothing that hasn't got done that can't wait.
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    IMO, coffee and cake is always productive ��
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Coffee, cake and potter round the shops sounds good Pennywise :D xx
    Mummytogirls x

• pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Morning.

Terrible nights sleep, not sure if I over did it pottering around the shops yesterday but I was quite sore last night and this morning, didn't take strong painkillers just paracetamol as I was worried about not waking this morning and the kids not getting to school.
    Have taken stronger painkillers now so I will probably end up having a nanna nap in an hour or so as they always knock me out.

Banking has been checked and £10 paid off debt, have a few surveys to catch up on may try and do a couple before having a snooze. Going to bake some biccies later, just a packet mix I got free, so nothing too taxing. Forgot to take chicken out for tea so have no idea what we are having tonight, might be a quick veggie pasta bake thrown together.

To do list -

Catch up on sleep :D.
    £bay listings -
    banking - DONE
    Bake biscuits -
    washing -
    Surveys-

Very low maintenance day, if I get anything else done it will be a bonus.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,366 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope you get a better night's sleep tonight. You're doing really well getting things done so a rest day will do you good xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport