Alway's believe that something wonderful is about to happen!

Options

Comments

• pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Have a lovely day

Hope DS has a lovely time! :D x

Thanks HI, he is very excited but can tell he is anxious to, taking him to school soon to wave him off.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Morning.

Well DS has gone and i'm sure he is going to have a fantastic time, i'm going to enjoy the fridge staying full for longer and the house being quieter but I know i' going to miss him like mad.

Banking checked and CB has gone in, waiting for some £bay payments and need to post a couple of bits today, as well as sort some relists and put some new bits on. DH and DD at sports club tonight so have a peaceful evening ahead so will do £bay bits then.

Looks like the weather is going to be pants today, not putting washer on as I know it will result in using TD and tomorrow looks a bright day so will save it for then.

Todays to do list.

Packed lunches.
    £bay listings/relists.
    Post office run.
    Tidy DS bedroom.
    Wash DS bedding and curtains.
    General housework.
    Ironing

I'm sure there is more to add to the list.

Have a great day.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Have a lovely day x
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    pennywisepoundstupid Posts: 5,975 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 15 July 2017 at 5:28PM
    Options
    Morning,

Sorry not posted for a few days, everything is manic at work getting ready for end of year and all those little things that need tobe tied up before the end of term.

Wedding anniversary was on Wednesday and we had a lovely meal out at a local restaurant which do a happy hour on a Wednesday 2 courses for £8.99 and very good it was, also decent portions we were both stuffed so we will go back again with the children.

Speaking of children, had a text from DS he is having a brilliant time on his trip, although I think he will come back exhausted. Both have had really good school reports, which i'm pleased about. Only negative in DS was he is failing Latin which let's be honest he will drop at GCSE level and its not as though his future is centred around it, could have something to do with the fact he finds it boring and clashes with the teacher.

Busy weekend ahead catching up with housework and work stuff, can't wait for this time next week when I know I have 6 lovely weeks off :D.

Decided i'm not doing a food shop today will go tomorrow, we can eat left overs, can't quite believe how much food we still have in the house with DS being away.

To do list-

Work reports/niggly bits to finish off.
    Dye hair.
    £bay - wrap/post/list done
    finish tidying DS room.done
    Pay bills - N3XT, £bay fees.done
    Buy picture framedone

Have a great weekend.x.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    A few off the above jobs done, putting off work stuff, I think I will get up early tomorrow and do it.

Spent £16 in wilkos. only went for a picture frame £7,but had DD and DH with me who both decided they needed various toiletries.
    Nipped into M&S and got the £10 meal deal, decided on the whole chicken, garlic bread and apple pie as this will feed the 3 of us, have salad bits in the fridge to eek it all out.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon Pennywise,

Is it this Friday you break up? I do but the girls don't break up until the following Tuesday (not that I'm complaining :rotfl:!)

Im glad your DS has had a lovely time and that you have a fridge full of food still!!! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Thanks Mummy.

Ds has now finished, myself and DD finish this Friday, can't wait feel as though I have so much to catch up with around the house.

Spent £72 in a1di today with the preparation of DS coming home, he hasn't enjoyed the food whilst away (missed mums cooking) but has enjoyed being with his mates and the activities. I got a text this morning from hi listing what he wanted when I went shopping :rotfl:.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,522 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Can't believe they're still teaching Latin, I thought that ended when I was at school. Or is it a Catholic school?

I think it's lovely how so many of the mums on here are looking forward to school holidays :) My kids used to go to my mum's in the holidays as I worked part time, they loved it and so did she (she used to spoil them rotten).
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Can't believe they're still teaching Latin, I thought that ended when I was at school. Or is it a Catholic school?

I think it's lovely how so many of the mums on here are looking forward to school holidays :) My kids used to go to my mum's in the holidays as I worked part time, they loved it and so did she (she used to spoil them rotten).

It's a Grammar school, so Latin is still taught, I'm actually not bothered he is failing it, as long as all his other grades are good (c and above), he is doing well in French and Spanish which I think he is more likely to use in life.

I'm sorry I havn't posted on your diary, I am currently reading it and i'm about a third of the way through, hopefully I will have caught up by next week.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Morning Diary.

Quickly been through finances and everything is looking ok, couple of DD to go out, a meal out with friends on Friday night, shouldn't be expnsive as its a pizza place that does an offer pizza and a glass of wine for £7 I think. Could be £17 and I've read it wrong :rotfl:.

Stressful day at work today, I think I have everything ready for the day, but didn't sleep well last night worrying it would all go wrong, it will be fine and the kids will pull it out of the bag for me.

To do List -
    Work stuff.
    Packed lunches.
    Ebay wrap/listings.
    Washing on line/2nd load in for DH to hang out later.

Think that's all from me, have a great day.x.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure