ASDA Tyres

Options
Anyone used them?

They are coming out cheapest for budget tyres for size 185/60R15 84H out of all the online tyre places I've checked.

Only thing I'm skeptical about is rocking up at the fitting partner garage and finding out they do them cheaper. :p

Comments

• BykerSands
    BykerSands Posts: 437 Forumite
    edited 2 January 2016 at 1:15AM
    Options
    Ring the fitting place and ask them.

Problem is if you're getting a budget brand unspecified tyre from asda you won't know what it until you turn up at the garage.

Having looked at both asda and blackcircles they come in at 35-36 quid. For 50 odd I'd buy a branded mid range tyre.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    BykerSands wrote: »
    Ring the fitting place and ask them.

Problem is if you're getting a budget brand unspecified tyre from asda you won't know what it until you turn up at the garage.

ASDA Tyres states it is a Sailun Atrezzo SH-402.

Don't know what brand the garage uses for it's own tyre sales but a budget tyre is a budget tyre.
  • BykerSands
    Options

Don't know what brand the garage uses for it's own tyre sales but a budget tyre is a budget tyre.

Price wise I'd agree with you quality is another matter.
  • globalds
    globalds Posts: 9,431 Forumite
    Options
    Only reviews I can find are from Australia .
    http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Sailun/Atrezzo-SH402.htm

Mention them being rubbish in the wet ..So should be fine in the UK as we hardly ever get any rain .....

I have fitted budgets once and took mine off after 3 months and put reduced price decent tyres on instead.
  • force_ten
    force_ten Posts: 1,931 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Anyone used them?

They are coming out cheapest for budget tyres for size 185/60R15 84H out of all the online tyre places I've checked.

Only thing I'm skeptical about is rocking up at the fitting partner garage and finding out they do them cheaper. :p

call them for a quote and see if they will price match Asda
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 2 January 2016 at 1:32AM
    Options
    Anything is better than what I have at the moment, every corner is a different tyre. 2 x random budgets, 1 x part-worn budget, and an old continental which I think originally came off the spare (previous owner was a right bodger).

Both fronts are getting low, still legal but thinning out on the edges. Rears are about 4mm. I'll get one of the old tyres put onto the spare (whichever is in best condition) as the spare is bald.
  • BykerSands
    Options
    Anything is better than what I have at the moment, every corner is a different tyre. 2 x random budgets, 1 x part-worn budget, and an old continental which I think originally came off the spare (previous owner was a right bodger).

Both fronts are getting low, still legal but thinning out on the edges. Rears are about 4mm. I'll get one of the old tyres put onto the spare (whichever is in best condition) as the spare is bald.

Maybe four mid range ones are the way to go.
  • globalds
    globalds Posts: 9,431 Forumite
    Options
    These look better as far as reviews go .

Black circles quality choice

I use the Toyo's that are a bit more ..But I think the benefit well justifies the extra cost.
  • Iceweasel
    Iceweasel Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 2 January 2016 at 9:29AM
    Options
    Alibaba supply tyres to the likes of ASDA in 20ft container loads (minimum order) for around $10 each (less than £7.00)

There is plenty profit to be made in selling cheapo 'sub-budget' tyres - but some things in life can be too cheap.

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/tyre_3.html?spm=a2700.7724857.6.6.VCvoge

As long as there are people to whom the quality comes at the bottom of their purchase check list and price is at the top - we will sellers of rubbish.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options

I dont think so

I had ambassadors on once.....zero grip in the wet.

I would pay a bit more and use mid range then you can get a few quotes
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport