IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

3500 appeals will not be fully heard.

Options

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Half_way wrote: »
    Thats assuming that the BPA had any credibility to start with, and if they did then what about the IPC/IAS and the red cow brigade?

As for Mr Troy, I cant see any reason why he would want to resign he just works for a private members club with zero responsibility to the public.
    The DVLA on the otherhand...

I'm sure it will not be too long before the press get their hands on the Red Cow Brigade and their incestuous tactics.

Mr Troy is the CEO and is answerable for everything that happens with the BPA and it's offshoots.
    HE FAILED and failure where the public are involved can only result in one action. He may not want to resign but while he remains, all credibility has gone and his organisation should no longer be permitted to offer access to the DVLA to his paying members
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    This is what the British Parking Association said
    SRC advised that JMcA had been appointed to manage both the GPEOL and legal provision projects. GBr asked how these projects were being funded. GPEOL would be financed from IAS reserves as each case would attract an administration fee to log the case and for the adjudicator’s decision, and JMcA’s fees would be met from the consultancy fees budget line.

A question was asked regarding whether London Councils had made available an indexed database of the GPEOL cases and whether there was an auditable trail identifying that the only reason London Councils had found that stopped a decision in these cases was GPEOL. SRC advised that to the best of his knowledge this was the case.

So John McArdle Consulting Ltd (Company number 08453456) is fronting it (or being set up depending on how you view it)

You can tweet him a message here

https://twitter.com/johnMcArdle4
  • Grandad123
    Options
    I am sorry Mr Iam but I am a bit lost with these acronyms, could you please clarify some things for an old geezer.

Who or what is SRC and GBr. And how can the BPA commit the IAS reserves, I thought they were separate organisations.

Apologies' if I am being a bit thick here.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Grandad123 wrote: »
    I am sorry Mr Iam but I am a bit lost with these acronyms, could you please clarify some things for an old geezer.

Who or what is SRC and GBr. And how can the BPA commit the IAS reserves, I thought they were separate organisations.

Grandad my thoughts as well, help please someone
  • Marktheshark
    Marktheshark Posts: 5,841 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Dancing to the tune played by these crooks was always going to backfire sooner or later.
    Each dance, the tune changes, bit by bit you end up arm in arm waltzing with them.
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • hoohoo
    hoohoo Posts: 1,717 Forumite
    Options
    Here is his linkedin page
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/johnjmcardle
    Dedicated to driving up standards in parking
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,515 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options

IAS refers to the generic term 'independent appeals service' of which POPLA is one, as is 'The IAS' - the IPC's 'independent appeals service'.

Clear? Thought so :rotfl:

I think SRC is Steve Clark of the BPA - not sure on GBr, but I'm sure I'll know when IAE gets back on this.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,515 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    hoohoo wrote: »

Independence fully guaranteed then!
    British Parking Association
    Honorary Treasurer
    British Parking Association
    May 1996 – Present (19 years 9 months)
    I was a member of the BPA Council from 1996 to 2009, sitting on or chairing a number of committees and working groups and in 2008/9 being the champion for technical matters on the Executive Board. Since standing down from Council I have been appointed Honorary Treasurer. I am also a founder member of the Institute of Parking Professionals (IPP).
    Certifications
    Fellow of the British Parking Association
    British Parking Association, License 00054
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • hoohoo
    hoohoo Posts: 1,717 Forumite
    Options

SRC = Steve Clark
    GBr = Gary Brierley

The 'IAS' stands for Independent Appeal Service, which is another name for POPLA and an acronym they have used in the past. This is different to 'The IAS' which is the Red Cow brigades kangaroo court version of a real appeal service, and also stands for Independent Appeal Service (although 'Independent' is obviously an in joke which Will and John chuckle at frequently)
    Dedicated to driving up standards in parking
  • Northlakes
    Northlakes Posts: 826 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Having recently challenged successfully a bus lane 'offence' through the Traffic Penalty Tribunal this came to mind as the vehicle that the government wishes to use as the appeal machinery in any forthcoming legislation regarding parking on private land.

What I can't seem to find is the TPT annual report which is referred to by several local authorities. It would be interesting to see what the costs are versus the new/old POPLA.

I found the TPT system very efficient and in the end my appeal wasn't challenged.

Any ideas where this annual report can be found?

I find the current BPA mess one of their own making and should have been foreseen. In business often the first loss is the least loss and the BPA should cut their losses now, but has already been commented on why should non private parking BPA members (such as local councils) suffer extra costs caused by private parking company appeals?
    REVENGE IS A DISH BETTER SERVED COLD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport